Parting

Makeover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5: Parting

***

The warmth of the sun bathing the room in an early morning, warming the latter on the bed.  

 

Jaejoong squirmed on his comfy bed at the pleasant feeling he was currently receiving. It didn't seem due to the warmth of the sun, but there was another source of warmness had plastering against him along with gentle caresses by someone in an endearing manner. Still in the depth of drowsiness with half-opened eyes, he tried to find who was the owner of those warm hands that was travelling up on his bare skin, tenderly rubbing his back. Their bodies entangle on each other under one blanket. The man’s touch seemed lulling him and making him feel a strong desire to be touch even more. He could feel the man’s hot breath against his face before the other’s soft and cold lips pressed against his, giving him a gentle kiss that seemed sending his mind into a puddle.  

 

The feelings from the make out were totally different this time, it was more intense and influential that made him wanted to be claimed right away by the other. His body felt hot and shivering slightly as the man  led his bottom lips and deepened the kiss. For the first time, Jaejoong felt he was about to explode with a coiling lust - something that he never feel before. Even he had been in six years-long relationship and during his make out session with his lover, he would never feel this heated up. 

 

But then something hit him, making him realized what was this strange feeling that crawled into the pit of his stomach would lead him to. He had already made it clear one of the rules in his life - no until marriage!  

As the thought hit him, he forced his hands to push the latter that still hovering above him  gently, at once breaking their lips from the intense kiss. 

 

“Ugh, Siwonie… no...” Jaejoong moaned in his still drugged mind and half-lidded eyes. He tried to certain his breath and restrained himself from succumb to the strong desire that started dominating him.  

 

“Hey, you better open your eyes bigger. I’m not your jackass Siwon…” 

 

“Huh?” Jaejoong eyes snapped open as the deep-gentle voice that sounded distant and yet familiar reached his ears. Now, he was fully awake with widened-eyes. Blood gushing up onto his face in instant, as the man before him was none other than annoying-scornful Jung Yunho. An impish smile tugged on the man’s bow-shaped lips.  

 

“Y-Yunho?!” Jaejoong gasped in dumbfounded and confused. 

 

“Yes. Are you clear, now? So, let’s continue what we’re in the middle of doing now.” 

 

“N-no... nooooo!!!” 

 

Jaejoong started struggling and kept kicking, trying to fight the man's attack until he fell off from his bed, and that was when the reality downed upon him. 

 

“Auch!” His eyes snapped opened, this time for real. He looked around and found he was in his room, alone. He was just throwing a fit into an empty space just now. 

 

“What the... It's just a dream?” He questioned himself perplexedly. Then he looked at his body, checking if he was , but he was fully dressed in his light blue, hello kitty pajamas. A huge sigh of relief escaped his lips. 

 

“What a glad… it was just a dream.” He mumbled to no one in particular. Nontheless, he still felt curious on what made him to have such a weird dream and moreover with someone whom he totally never thought of that way. Jaejoong shook his head, trying to shake off the uncomfortable feelings at the thought of the weird dream. He smiled at his foolishness, before something bigger knocked out the vague memory from the back of his mind.  

 

“Wasn’t I drinking last night at the rooftop? And… when did I get changed into this pajama?” 

 

In that instant, the things that happened last night started flashing back in his head, but not vividly. What he remembered he was drunk and suddenly his back was grabbed down by Yunho, who looked totally irritated at the moment. He wasn’t sure what make the man looked so mad, until the image of them kissed, making Jaejoong froze on the floor. His face distorted with troubled expression. 

 

“Arghh!!! I knew it! I must have committed something stupid when I drunk." Jaejoong burst out miserably as he thought he had done something that totally humiliated himself.  

 

"Why are you so stupid, Kim Jaejoong!” He knew he had a weak tolerance for alcohol, but still he indulged himself with drink last night, hoping all the miserableness that weighted him since the past few days ago could be vanished from his mind for a moment. But he never predicted such an event would happened when all he wanted just to be alone and got drunk.  

Why did the man come to his place? Isn't he already told him their appointment was cancelled? 

 

“And... why the heck did I kiss that homophobic?! Now, how can I face him? He must have hated me considering how he already hated my preference.” Jaejoong kept self-blaming and buried his face onto the edge of his bed, paradoxically felt more stressful. 

 

Unbeknown to him, it was otherwise - it wasn’t him that make the move to begin with. 

 

“Oh, should I make him a call and apologize?” Jaejoong calculated in his mind and turned slightly to reach his phone on the nightstand near him, but then a piece of memo paper fell down onto his laps. 

 

He frowned confusedly before he picked it up and read the neat handwriting. 

 

You drunken head! You owe me once this time. How dare you throw up on my expensive coat? Well, I’ve left it there with you. Call me after you successfully get the stain out from it. I can't stand its smell to take it home, so I’ll take it later. And please… next time if you wanted to drink don’t have it alone. It’s dangerous. You almost killed yourself last night if I wasn’t there on time, you stupid head. – Yunho 

 

Once he done reading the memo, Jaejoong crumpled the paper and threw it away. “That conceited-jerk, when will he stop calling me names?! How could I've a thought to be in a good term with him.” Jaejoong nagged to himself, as his intention to call the man and apologize for the last night accident died right away. But the thing that made him still didn't clear was what the man meant by he had almost killing himself last night?  

 

Jaejoong huffed disgruntledly, no matter how much he tried to dig up his memory, the last night occurrence was still vague in his mind. 

 

*** 

 

"I hope you're well prepared before the coming big event next week." Changmin said as he dropped Jaejoong in front of his apartment building that evening. He had taken Jaejoong to shopping under Yunho's order, since the man couldn't make it for a certain and unknown reason. 

 

"Thank you, Min. Then I'll see you... err... next week?" 

 

Changmin chuckled at the look of hesitation on Jaejoong's face. "Anytime you miss to see this handsome face, you are free to call me and we can meet up somewhere. Remember, Junsu, Yoochun and I will still be your friends even if we are done with this makeover things." 

Jaejoong smiled warmly. "Okay, I will keep that in mind." 

 

After bade his goodbye, Changmin drove off and Jejoong made his way to his place. His heart still felt something was wrong with that Jung Yunho lately. 

 

After that night of the man showed up at his place out of the blue in a wrong timing, Jaejoong could feel the other seemed avoiding him. It had already been like that for five days now. What made him feel so was just like now, the man had sent Changmin to replace him in accompany Jaejoong to go shopping the new attire for the said big event next week, which they are supposedly go together as they had planned before. Also, whenever he went to the man's place as he was scheduled like usual, Yunho wasn't there anymore. Instead, those three friends of the man; Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin would welcomed him. That had enough to make Jaejoong thought the other had started hating him became more concrete. 

 

"Aish, I should stop bothering about him now." Jaejoong muttered to himself, trying to get rid the thought of Yunho from his mind. He had more important things that need to think about at the moment. 

 

Flopping himself down on the couch, Jaejoong heaved a sight as he started blotting out what will happen tomorrow. He had lost his job now. He did found a few property companies, hoping someone would hired him due to his long years of experience in the field, but still none of those had yet give him a response. 

 

Then his eyes darted to his cell phone, there was a stabbing pain surged him at the thought of his lover wasn't just rarely called him recently, even a text was hard to received from the man. It was such a drastic changes that made Jaejoong almost believe Siwon had forgotten him now. Did the man still love him? There was so much things that he need to talk to the man. 

 

Suddenly, a strong feeling to make a move of calling his lover seemed so tempting. He knew Yunho had prohibited him from doing so. Jaejoong dwelled on self-debating; he kept picking up his phone but just to put it back on the coffee table before him. Once he had determined to grab the phone and directly speed dial Siwon's number, the phone rang itself, making him jumped a little in shocked. 

Jaejoong didn't understand himself, but somehow... for unknown reason a surge of nervous excitement rushed to his heart upon seen the name of the caller that flashed on the mobile screen. He bit his bottom lips, suppressing a small smile that trying to appear on his face automatically. 

It was a call from someone he least expected. 

 

Clearing his voice, he answered the phone with a little nervous - which make him confused why he felt that way out of sudden. It was not like the man never called him before, or was it because the previous incident the days before. 

 

"H-hello..?"

 

It took a moment of silence on the other line, before the person responded. "Are you free tomorrow?" 

 

"Huh?" Jaejoong was dumbstruck by the sudden and direct question from the caller. 

 

What kind of greeting is that? He thought silently before answering the other's question. "Hmm... I think I'm free. Why?"  

 

"Then get ready at five pm, I'll will come to pick you up." There came a direct order, which was not unusual if it came from the man. 

 

"Huh, do we have any plan for tomorrow?" 

 

"Yes." 

 

"For what?" 

 

"A date." 

 

"What?!" Jaejoong's voice was in surprised. He tried to digest if he heard the man right.   

 

"You heard me well and clear right? So, make sure you are ready when I come to fetch you tomorrow." 

 

"W-wait... I.. I don't-"  

 

The call ended before Jaejoong could asking more. He grunted at the man's annoying manner which always giving him orders, and didn't even give him a chance to ask.  

 

"Aish, this jerk!  What's wrong with him asking me out so suddenly? Has he had his head knocked on something?" Jaejoong grumbled with confusion started weighting him. And as always, it ended up with the weirdest thought settled into his mind after so much thinking.  

 

"Oh, no! Don't tell me I have turned him that way after I kissed him that night. No... that's so impossible!"  He kept on rambling to no one in particular. 

 

That night Jaejoong had his mind once again diverted from his miserableness over his life and love problems. Instead, it replaced with the thought full of Jung Yunho. He even forgot his previous intention to call his lover, after received the sudden call from the man. That homophobic Jung had just asked him out for a date? 

 

*  

 

The next day as the man promised, Jaejoong found Yunho's car was already waiting for him, once he stepped his foot out of the apartment building. He walked to the car and feel a bit hesitated to open the passenger door.  

 

"You are so slow." That was the first word came out from the man on the driver seat once Jaejoong settled himself in the car.  

Jaejoong didn't bother to argue. Usually, he would bickering over a trivial thing with the man. Somehow, the atmosphere between them started enveloping by a pregnant silence.  

 

Jaejoong who didn't even look at Yunho since he entered the man's car, making the awkward air in the car became worse. The truth was... he didn't have a gut to look straight in the man's eyes, when his mind suddenly replayed the kissing and intimate scenes from the weirdest dream he had a couple of days ago. Well, that was what he wanted to believe, it was just a dream! 

 

'Yes, it was just a stupid dream I've ever had!' Jaejoong thought and nodded his head with a look of grimness. Suddenly he jumped in his seat as Yunho's warm palm made a sudden contact with his forehead. 

 

"What are you doing?!" He swatted the other's hand away abruptly and looked up, finally making an eye-contact with the man. It seemed he had suddenly become so sensitive with Yunho's touches; it would just triggered the dream vividly to him again. The dream where the man did more than that to him. 

 

Yunho didn't seemed affected by Jaejoong's sudden harshness. Instead, he looked at the smaller man curiously. "What's wrong with you? Are you not feeling well?" 

 

"No, I...I'm okay... why?" Jaejoong trying to look composed. But he was bad at pretending and his stuttering was so obvious! 

 

"Because you look weird." Yunho said shortly, his eyes still examining the other intently, making Jaejoong felt more uncomfortable under those eyes. 

 

"No, I'm not."  

 

"Yeah, you are not because you're always weird. So, today you just look weirder than usual." Yunho smirked.  

 

Jaejoong pursed his lips in annoyed, before he blurted out the things that made him behave not like himself around the man today.  

 

"Listen..." Jaejoong wholly turned his body facing Yunho with a serious look.  

 

"Yes, I'm listening." Yunho responded, copying the same action by turning his body to face Jaejoong, making the smaller man once again felt uncomfortable. But he remained his deadpan look, as if he wasn't aware of the other fidgety state around him. 

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath, wishing the nervous he felt since yesterday could go away before he started to say what he had came to conclude after so much of thinking last night. "I... I know what I did to you when I was drunk last time has turned you this way. I'm so sorry! But this is so sudden. I apologize for that. I am really, really sorry! So please, don't mistook that sudden changes of feeling you are currently have as something else!"  

 

"What the hell are you talking about? What did you do to me? And what I've turned into? I don't get it." Yunho asked, confusion was clearly written on his perfect, angular face.  

 

"Hmm... about the other night when I was drunk... I... I'd kissed you, right? I'm sorry! And to make you accidentally have a feeling for me. I'm so sorry!" Jaejoong blurted out while bowing apologetically with such a stressful look.  

 

The awkward silence between the two once again relive. Jaejoong braced himself to look up, peeking at the expression on the man before him, who remained silence after he blurted out those things. 

 

Yunho just stared at him, still with an unreadable look. And before Jaejoong could trace the half-amused and half-alarmed on his face, the man burst out laughing.  

 

"Yah, seriously... there should have a limit of someone to be such an airhead." Yunho said in remaining laughter, making Jaejoong stared at him in dumbfounded. 

 

"What...didn't you ask me out for a date today to confess your feeling?" The innocent one asked directly. 

 

"What?! Yah, you should at least have a self conscious. How could you think of me to drastically changed that way. Are you really that presumptuous? Why would I look at you... t-that way." Yunho said, somehow sounds hesitated.  

 

"Then where have you been disappeared for the past five days? Usually you would call and bother me to come to your place immediately!" Jaejoong argued again and unconsciously pouted petulantly. 

 

"What... can't I be absent when I have an important business that needed to take care of, and what makes you think you are more important than my business. Aish, you never failed to amuse me." Yunho chuckled. Jaejoong bit his bottom lips, face reddening with a sudden embarrassment. 

 

"Then... what now? What's with this sudden call out for date?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter