The beginning

Makeover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: The beginning

***

“So, do you mind telling me where you were?” Siwon asked as he tagged behind Jaejoong after the other unlocked his door and walked inside.

Jaejoong headed straight to his kitchen, and grabbed something from the fridge to drink, ignoring the question from his lover.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” displeased by the cold shoulder treatment he was receiving, Siwon turned the smaller man around to face him.

Jaejoong who had just gulped down his drink looked up at Siwon finally making eye contact. “Nothing…” was all he could utter but Jaejoong still looked at Siwon with confused eyes.

“Are you not feeling well?” Siwon asked as he brought his hand to touch Jaejoong’s forehead, checking the guy’s temperature with the back of his palm.

That concerned look on Siwon’s face did give Jaejoong a warm feeling, a little hope inside him that at least the man still cares about him.

“I’m fine, don’t worry…I’m just… tired.” Jaejoong assured as he removed Siwon’s hand from his forehead, but Siwon gently pulled Jaejoong into his arm.

“I missed you.” Siwon mumbled, his hot breath hitting Jaejoong’s nape, making the smaller man’s heart thump erratically.

Jaejoong’s mind went blank for a moment, before thoughts of what he witnessed last night came rushing, crushing his heart before it could be mend.

‘You missed me? But last night…you were holding another person in your arms.' Those words were stuck at the tip of his tongue. He just doesn’t have the courage to voice it out, afraid of the response he might receive – the response that might confirm his suspicion.

“Hmm… will you be staying tonight?” Jaejoong asked once Siwon released him from the hug, his eyes showed anticipation.

“Oh, no. I…I just dropped by to check on you. I’m sorry, baby. I can’t tonight.” Siwon said as he suddenly hesitated. Jaejoong could feel there was something bothering the man.

“Actually, I came to tell you…we can’t meet in a month.”

“Huh? Why?” Shocked, Jaejoong couldn’t control the tone of his voice as he asked directly.

Siwon’s eyes roamed over the pretty lad’s face as he clutched Jaejoong’s hand and chose his words, “It’s because…I’m going to be busy with work and some stuff in my father’s company…”

“But why now? It used to be that no matter how busy you were you still managed to spend time with me.” Jaejoong let out his discontent over the sudden news.

Siwon heaved a sigh. “It’s because this time I’ve a lot of things to manage and work on. My family’s company is at stake, the company isn’t doing so well and I need to bring it back up. I hope you understand.” Siwon explained his situation.

Jaejoong felt his heart swell; he looked down at his hand that was still intertwined with Siwon’s. The feeling of insecurity came back but he didn’t want to take it too far since he would feel bad if his suspicions were all wrong.

If Siwon is really cheating on him, then he needs and must win back his lover’s heart. His love toward the man was really strong that it is not easy to wane away. Maybe, it is partially due to the fact that he doesn’t have anybody else in his life that really cares about him like this man does. Siwon is the first person in this world that made him fall in love and feel loved.

“Okay, I understand…” Looking up to meet his lover’s gaze, Jaejoong forced a smile to ensure the man that he was really fine with the decision even though, his heart was screaming inside that missing him even for just one day was bad, let alone for a month. Nevertheless he needed to show the other that he was an understanding lover.

Siwon smiled as he cupped Jaejoong’s face and planted a soft kiss on those full, pouty lips. “Thanks, baby… for understand my situation.”

That was enough to make Jaejoong melt away at Siwon’s casual, simple kiss.

 

***

“Let’s have a makeover!” Changmin declared once Jaejoong’s face popped in at Yunho’s penthouse, they had been expecting Jaejoong to show up that evening.

“Do…do we really need to start now?” Jaejoong asked hesitantly.

Changmin pulled him inside, “Of course, we are already running at a short of time. So we need to do it now!”

Jaejoong bit his bottom lip while he looked agitated, he suddenly felt doubt.

“What? Don’t tell me you’ve changed your mind?” Changmin asked.

“Let him be if he doesn’t want to, maybe he just really wants to see his lover be snatched away by that hot chick.” Yunho exclaimed as he suddenly came out from his room with a book in his hand; he slumped into the couch with long legs laid on the white sofa in his living room.

Upon hearing those words, Jaejoong felt the sudden burning sensation in him, which made him mindlessly blurt out, “Okay, fine. Let’s start it now.”

Changmin turned to Yunho and grinned, signaling the man that he had done great at convincing, which was unusual for the man. Yunho just rolled his eyes and continued reading the book in his hand.

“So, he’s the person, such an enthusiastic one, uh.” Suddenly a new voice came behind Jaejoong. He turned over his shoulder, and found two unknown guys stepping out from a second room in the house.

“Hye, I’m Park Yoochun…” The man who had just exclaimed extended his hand out for a handshake. Jaejoong took it with a confused look.

“And, I’m Junsu…” The other one, who had a smaller frame compare to the guy named Yoochun greeted, said while showing the cutest smile – thought Jaejoong.

“So Jaejoong, since they are both major in this, these two will guide you through this makeover thing. Yoochun here will be mentoring you in matters of etiquette whereas Junsu will be in charge of your appearance since, he is a stylist.” Changmin explained. “Yunho and I have known them since our sophomore year in college and have been friends ever since.” Jaejoong nodded as he took the information in.

“Okay let us not waste time and let us give you a complete makeover!” Junsu suddenly squealed as he pulled Jaejoong’s hand, into the same room he had just stepped out of. Seemingly everything was already well prepared, and it just waiting for him, main character, to enter.

*

“Aargh!”

“What the…” Yunho, who was still lying on the couch, still engrossed with his book, sighed for the umpteenth time as he heard the screaming voice that was obviously coming from Jaejoong. Yunho didn’t even have the care to bother and take a peek at what all the fuzz was about in the other room; he just chose to ignore the screaming.

There was now no need for him to guess what was happening in the room across his living room as he heard,

“No, my hair…don’t cut it!”

“Aish, just stay put. I’ll accidentally cut your ear, you know.” There, Junsu’s voice arguing with Jaejoong could be heard along with Changmin nonstop laughter.

“I don’t like to have it too short…”

“It’s not like I’m going to shave it short into military hairstyle. Trust me. I just need to cut it a little so it won’t cover your pretty-big eyes.” Junsu tried convincing.

After about fifteen minutes the atmosphere seemed calm, before another scream interrupted the silence, again.

“Argh!”

“What is it this time…” Yunho mumbled.

“My hair…changed its color… what have you just done to my hair?”

“Urf, don’t tell me you have never dyed your hair once in your life.” Junsu grunted.

Another hour dragged on and finally…

“Done!” Changmin’s clapping could be heard coming from the other room, before he stepped out and walked towards Yunho who seemed to not be paying attention to the chaos.

“Is it done?” He looked up from his book to see Changmin grinning from ear to ear.

“Yeah, just for the new look today.”

“Do you think all this is going to work?” Yunho suddenly asked as he got up from his sofa into a sitting position.

“What? Don’t tell me you’ve started to anticipate failure before we have even tried?”

“No, it’s just… I feel like we-”

“Hey Yunho, what do you think about my new masterwork?” Yunho’s words were cut short the moment Junsu stepped out from the room and pulled Jaejoong with him, Yoochun tagged behind them.

Yunho turned from Changmin to Junsu, before his eyes landed on the sparkling beauty that stood behind Junsu. The lad had his head hanging low, lips pouting, and apparently sulking. Nevertheless, that sour look didn’t ruin his appearance, instead the latter looked adorable and yet unexpectedly gorgeous.

Jaejoong’s hair was dyed a dark golden brown that made slight contrast to his white-pale skin, and his bangs that before looked messy and covered his eyes now framed his face in a nice cut just above his eyebrows, it made him look incredibly appealing. Nervousness filled those big-rounded eyes of him, as he looked up to see Yunho who was staring at him with no words. After Junsu had taken quite some time to convince him to take it off, there were no glasses on him anymore so he couldn’t at the moment clearly make out the man’s expression.

After a moment of silence, Yunho blinked before he uttered, “Well…nice work.”

“What the heck, is that all you have to say? Can’t you give me a long, good and honest praise for once?” Junsu let out in annoyance, he expected more from the man.

“What? Is that comment so bad?”

“Junsu-ah, it’s like you don’t know well what kind of person Jung Yunho is; the less words that come from him means that he approves. He is actually kind of speechless at the moment.” Yoochun grinned.

Yunho just rolled his eyes. “Whatever…”

“Now, let’s proceed with the next thing.” Changmin pulled Jaejoong to sit on the couch. Yunho just eyed Jaejoong who seemed a bit stunned. Jaejoong rubbed his eyes still feeling uncomfortable at the slight blur of his sight.

“So, let’s start the first basic and yet important etiquette lesson. First, let me know…does your boyfriend ever take you to dinner in a hotel or…at any formal occasion?” Yoochun asked as he settled down beside Yunho.

Jaejoong looked reluctant to answer but since all eyes were on him, he was forced to admit, “Erm… there’s no or any formal occasion he has ever take me to, but dinner at hotel, yes.” Jaejoong felt his cheeks burning after he answered.

“Wow, never expected that cheapskate Siwon would take his lover to have dinner at a hotel…” Junsu mumbled, and Changmin elbowed him slightly, befor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter