Chappie 11

Truth or Dare

“Who’s ‘he’?” a very familiar voice said which made both Hana and Sunmi turn to the source. Hana stood up and approached the person. “Jongup?” He nodded with a big grin plastered on his face. Her eyes became big as saucers as she tackled him into a tight bear hug. “What are you doing here, you dumb idiot?” she said in his ear.

“Can I not go back to school and meet my two favorite girls on Earth?” he said, pulling back from her hug. “Aye, wassup?” he bro fisted Sunmi who reacted back immediately. “Wait if you’re here, then-“

Sunmi’s words were interrupted when a loud scream could be heard in a far corner of the cafeteria where 4 other handsome guys stood. Both of the girls immediately craned their neck to the 5 guys are. Hana’s jaw literally dropped when she saw her best friends there.

“W-what? Wait what?” She stuttered bewilderly. “Well, long story short, we decided to move here” Jongup scratched the back of his neck shyly. She frowned at him and suddenly hands wrapped around her eyes.

“Boo”

A familiar voice said, behind her which made her smile widely. She grabbed the person’s hands and turned around only to be met by those brown eyes that she loved. “Hey” Himchan said as he wrapped his hands around her shoulder. She mockingly slapped his hand away. “Why didn’t you tell me you were moving here?”

“Well, surprise surprise, Hana” he grinned cheekily at him and dragged him along to the table where the other four sat. “Hana!” They shouted in unison as they squished her into a big bear hug.

“Oh my Goodness! I missed you so much, deary” Daehyun squealed and tear the others off of her so he hugged her alone. “Don’t be selfish, Daehyun” Youngjae said as he hugged her too. She chuckled as she saw how her “brothers” missed her so much. “I missed you guys too” she said, hugging each and everyone of them.

Someone suddenly cleared beside Hana. “I’m sorry, I must be too small for you guys to realize that, I’m here too! Geez” Sunmi turned around and left mockingly as Daehyun pulled her in to a hug. “I missed you too, Sunmi, unlike those jerks” he glanced to the rest of the group who gasped exaggeratingly at Daehyun’s lie.

“We missed you too, sweety” Youngjae hugged her tightly along with the rest of the members. Both Sunmi and Hana chuckled amusedly at their behavior. “Hana,” Himchan whispered to her ear. “come with me” He dragged her along to the school rooftop, her favorite place of all.

 “It’s been awhile since we can be alone together like this” she smiled as she leaned over the railing. He nodded in return and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her closer. “I missed you” he said as he snuggled closer to her neck and slowly trailing kisses down from her neck to her jawline and then to her cheek.

“I missed you too” she turned her head to him as their faces were only inches apart from each other. He leaned in carefully and placed a kiss to her lips. He could feel her smile in the kiss as they continued for quite a while.

--

He stormed out of the rooftop as he saw them. His heart beat increasing in a matter of seconds. His heart was a total mess and what made it worse was that he didn’t know what his feelings mean. There was anger, frustration, sadness, and small tint of… jealousy?

He went around the school where he finally found the school’s garden. There were lilies, daises, violets, and all kinds of flowers there. He went into the rose area where roses in all kinds of color were present; red, blue, pink, white, blue. He sat on a small table in the middle of the garden and took a deep breath.

“I will never look at the rooftop the same way again” he muttered sadly. Besides the rose garden, the rooftop was where he usually stay at, it was the only place where he could clear his thoughts and be alone without both EXO and his fangirls.

“Why won’t you look at it the same way again?”  An old woman’s voice suddenly said. His eyes widened and he thought he was dreaming. He pinched himself on the hand and winced because of the pain. The old woman came out of the bushes of roses with a chuckle.

“Don’t worry, you’re not hallucinating” she said with a soft smile. His eyes trailed along her clothes that looks like a gardener’s and also the big scissors in her hands. “Who are you?” he finally spat out. “Why, I’m the gardener here. Haven’t you noticed me after several times coming here?” she chuckled at his confused expression.   

Her smile suddenly turned into a frown as she remembered his words and expression earlier. “Why do you look so down, dear? What’s the matter?” she said as she went back to grooming the roses near him. Luhan didn’t know if he should trust the woman or not, but there’s this feeling inside of him that reminds him of his own grandma whom he loved most.

He took a deep breath and started to tell her what he saw and what his feelings made him so confused. “So that’s why” she said, a tiny smile appeared on her face. He nodded and ran his fingers through his hair. “I just, I don’t understand,…”

“Grandma, just call me grandmae” she answered his non-existent question with a smile. “Grandma, It’s been quite awhile since I felt like that and eveytime, I’m just as confused” he covered some part of his face with his hand and closed his eyes for a brief second.

“Do you love her?”

That question came out of nowhere and made him take a sharp breath for a moment. “What?” he squeaked out, his voice higher than his usual. “Do you love her?” Grandma asked again, this time she faced him with a serious face.

“I… I don’t know” he looked to the side shamefully. “Do I love her?” he asked himself. “You should found out soon, my dear.” With that, she left him alone to think of her question

Do I love her?

The school bell rang, signaling that lunch break was over, but Luhan was too immersed to his thoughts that he simply do not care at all. The question kept on repeating in his mind like a broken recorder.

Do I love her? Park Hana, do I love Park Hana?