Mastering a Power

Snow Tale

Jieun's point of view

''Tao, you're making me dizzy!'' I yelled as he kept flying around me, twirling a glass plate on his index finger. ''Use your telekinesis and make me stop. Or if you want to go easy first, take this plate away from me,'' Tao teased as he kept flying around me.

''You're the worst substitute ever, just stick to being a warrior. And how can I concentrate on the plate if you keep moving everywhere?'' I huffed, flying away from him, accidentally slapping him with my wing.

Tao jolted and dropped the glass plate with a gasp, ''Great, the kitchen lady is going to freeze me to death now.''

''Sorry, I didn't mean to,'' I apologized as I landed on the ground and knelt down to pick up the broken glass. Tao knelt down next to me and moved my hand away from the glass. He gave me a gentle shove, ''I got this, princess. You can go to the garden first, Minseok is waiting for you.''

''Sorry again and Luhan is still a better teacher than you,'' I smiled and patted his head as I got up. ''Of course, he's the one with telekinesis, not me,'' he chuckled, picking up the glass.

''When Luhan comes back, I'll tell him you were a great teacher so he won't scold you. Don't worry Tao, Lee Jieun has got your back! Haha, see you later at the garden,'' I waved as he shook his head, laughing.

I turned to fly to the gate but heard a wince and turned back. I flew to him and looked at his bleeding finger. ''And you call me the clumsy one,'' I teased. He shrugged and on his finger.

''Hey, I think you forgot I had healing powers,'' I raised a brow as I took his finger in my hand. ''I didn't forget. I just know you haven't quite mastered that power yet,'' he said.

''I just need to concentrate, don't worry. Lay has taught me a lot already,'' I said as I held onto his hand and lightly pressed against the cut.

I closed my eyes and focused my mind on the cut and the skin. Heal. Please heal. Don't let Lay's teachings go to waste.

I opened my eyes and let go of Tao's hand and his cut was nowhere to be found. ''Yes! I did it!'' I beamed and fist pumped in the air.

''You really did it, princess. Even I'm amazed, thank you,'' he smiled and ruffled my hair. ''You're most welcome, Tao, I actually did it!'' I got up and jumped in excitement.

After all that concentrating, I finally did it. Yes! I just need to master one more power and I'll be good enough to be queen and help my country.

''Now you can show Lay what a good student you are. You could also brag to Minseok if you master your ice powers so hurry and finish your lesson. Minseok is going to kill me, letting you stay in the arena for so long,'' he hurried me along.

''Alright, quit fussing. Be careful with the glass and if you get hurt, you can come to me,'' I hollered as I quickly flew over the gate and off to the garden.

--

I arrived at the garden in no time and I looked around the white, frosty garden for Minseok. I always loved the garden, the frozen flowers were always so pretty and I feel that the snow here is much softer.

''Jieun, you were late again. What did Tao do?'' Minseok raised a brow, as I flew into the garden. ''Nothing much, it was my fault. I accidentally broke a glass plate and hurt Tao, but guess what? Something very good happened,'' I said, cheerfully.

''You finally know how to cook?'' Minseok guessed. ''..I already know how to cook, what are you talking about?'' I questioned, squinting my eyes at him.

''Haha, nevermind, '' he laughed nervously and looked elsewhere to avoid eye contact. ''Well, I healed Tao today! He got a small cut and I healed it right up, I'm finally mastering my healing powers,'' I beamed, clasping my hands together.

''Oh, congratulations. Lay is going to be so proud, you're another step ahead to being queen. You just need practice on frost and healing, and then learning telekinesis,'' he smiled, genuinely happy for me.

I nodded, ''I'm so close, I'm definitely going to work hard. Now what are we learning today?''

''Since you already learned how to turn water into ice, today we are learning on how to make it from air,'' he said, taking me to sit on the bench. 

I dusted some snow off the bench and sat down next to him. ''So, we're trying to make it snow?'' 

He nodded, ''Concentrate on the cold air around you and remember how you turned water into frost? This is kind of like the same process. Take the cold air and turn it into snow, create a condensed cloud, and make it snow. It's all about concentration, Jieun.''

I nodded and took a deep breath before I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate. I focused my mind on the cold air and imagined it slowly turning colder and colder till it created snow.

I opened my eyes and looked up, still nothing. I let out a sigh as I squeezed my eyes shut and tried again.

I feel the cold air, I need to make that into snow. Concentrate, Jieun. You got this. Let it snow.

Expectantly, I opened my eyes and looked up. My shoulders slumped down when I realized it was still the white, grey-ish sky. 

''It's okay, Jieun. We can go back to practicing turning water into frost, maybe doing that more will help you with creating snow out of the air,'' he comforted me. I nodded dejectedly.

''Minnie~ Sorry to interrupt your lesson but the newcomer wants to talk to Jieun,'' Tao said as he flew in. I turned to Minseok for consent. 

''You can go ahead, we'll do our lesson later. And yah, stop calling me Minnie! Be respectful to your sunbae,'' Minseok slapped Tao in the face with his wing as he got up from the bench. I held in a laugh as Tao scrunched up his face.

''Thank you for the brief lesson, I'll see you later then. C'mon Tao,'' I pulled Tao with me as I saw him get ready to have a fuss.

''I'll see you later as well, Minnie~'' Tao teased as he waved to Minseok. ''Bye, my cute little panda!'' Minseok teased back.

''Did you just hear-''

''Yes, I did hear that. Now come on, we don't want that guy waiting, cute little panda,'' I smiled as I let go of his arm and flew back into the white, glorious castle I call as my home.

 

_________

I'm writing in point of view because it's easier for me to let that character express his/her mind and emotioms more explicitly. I'm still working on doing that for third person but I haven't quite mastered it and for now doing it in the character's point of view is much better for me so I hope you don't mind. (:

Also, everything might be confusing but I'll explain more in the next chapter about how her world works and her powers. 

Hope you enjoyed my first chapter and have a wonderful day ! Comments well accepted <3

-UnworldlySoul