I Dare You

Private Lessons

 

Chapter 9: I DARE YOU

 

“Is it okay if I asked who that girl was?”


Amber hesitated before answering.

 

“That girl’s Nicole.”

 

 

AMBER POV

 

The warm shower did nothing to relieve the stress I was feeling. An impossibly heavy atmosphere has gone down on me. I thought it was the start of a flu at first, but as days went on and the flu did not come, I became more and more gloomy despite all the good things happening for our group. I tried my best to hide the anxiety I was feeling. I thought I had it all under control but I think Krystal sensed it a bit during out breakfast earlier.

 

The day I had planned to spend for myself was all put away because of Krystal’s amusement park plan. I don’t disapprove of her plan, I was just ready to spend some quiet time alone; but I guess spending my free day with the group is better than sulking.

 

So here I am stressing over everything and prolonging my supposed to be short shower. Deciding that more stressing will do no good, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around me. As I opened the door, I saw Krystal sitting on my bed, looking through the photos scattered at my desk.

 

I wanted to surprise her a little so I walked slowly behind her, ready to startle her. But the photo in her hand made my vision blur.

 

“How did you find that photo?” I asked before I could control my mouth.
 

Her hand flew to in surprise and opened to respond but no sound came out so I asked again.

 

“Ummm…I was waiting for you. I got bored…and I looked through the photos on your desk. I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to go through your stuff,” she answered shyly.

 

Taking the photo from her, I shoved in the deepest part of my drawer and walked to my closet to get dressed. I wasn’t really mad, I was just a little annoyed that she, of all people would see that photo.

 

“Hey, Amber. I’m really sorry I went through your things. I promise I won’t do it again.” I heard Krystal apologize.

 

Breathing in deeply, I said, “It’s okay. I just overreacted. I just did not want you to see that photo.”

 

“Why?” Krystal asked.

 

“Because it brings back memories I’d rather not remember,” I said as I pulled on a shirt.

 

“Is it okay if I asked who that girl was?”


I hesitated before answering. I know she knows who the girl in that picture was, she just wants confirmation, which I’m a little scared to give. But I guess it won’t hurt if she knew so I said that it was Nicole.

 

We didn’t speak for some time while I finished getting dressed. When I finally had enough of the awkward silence, I cleared my throat and said, “So…why did you come to my room, Krystal?”

 

“Ohhh…about that. I was really here to apologize for ruining your rest day and that if you don’t want to go with us, it’s really fine. I don’t want to push you to something you would rather not do.” She said.

 

“What made you think I didn’t want to come with you?”

 

She really did sense my hesitation, huh?

 

“Ummm… it’s just a feeling. But really, Amber. Would you rather not come?” Krystal said.

 

“No… I meant yes. Of course, I would want to come with you guys. The hesitation you felt from me was nothing. I was just thinking of a lot of things. Maybe this trip will free me of that.” I replied.

 

Krystal stood and practically hopped to the door. “Okay then! I’ll just get my things and we’re ready to go in a few!”

 

Her enthusiasm was infectious. Just a few minutes ago I was sulky, and now I’m all smiles and actually a little bit excited about today’s trip.

 

The group gathered at the living room as manager got the car ready.

 

“I’m sooooo excited!” Sulli exclaimed in delight.

 

“Me tooo! I can’t wait to ride the roller coaster and go in the horror house!” Luna echoed Sulli’s excitement.

 

Vic eomma just laughed and said, “Calm down, you two. You’ll exhaust all your energy and we haven’t even reached the park.”

 

“Guys, the car’s outside the dorm. Let’s go!” Krystal said in the midst of all the squealing and shrieks of delight.

 

The car ride was short and very noisy. With all of Sulli and Luna’s squealing and Krystal and Victoria’s loud conversation, I was overwhelmingly occupied and quite happy of my decision to come with them. Not only was I distracted from all of my internal ramblings, I would also get to spend more time with the group.

 

The amusement park, as it turned out, was packed with couples and kids. It was smaller than the amusement parks I used to go to in LA but the rides do seem to be exciting to ride.

 

I was the last one out of the car and Krystal all but pulled me out to buy the tickets. Half running, half walking, we got in line to buy us all tickets. Apparently, Manager Kim treated the five of us for a whole day of fun, and paid for our tickets. He said goodbye when we were all ready to enter and said that he’ll be back after tonight’s fireworks to pick us up. With proper goodbyes said, the five of us entered the park to have an unadulterated time of fun.

 

KRYSTAL POV

 

As practically the group’s leader, Vic eomma mapped out our amusement park adventure. She started it with mild rides and little games. The water slide thing, which I forgot the name of, was totally fun and a good way to start off the day.

 

Amber pulled me to a stall and played some shooting games.

 

“Hey, wanna bet?” I asked Amber as she was poised to shoot the target with her toy gun.

 

Without moving from her stance, she turned her head to me and asked, “What do you wanna bet on?”

 

“Highest pointer gets to choose our next ride.”  I said.

 

“Oh. That’s too childish. Why not make the loser do a dare?” Amber asked, wiggling her eyebrow in suggestively.

 

“The dare’s better! Choose that, Krystal!” Luna shrieked beside me.

 

I did not hear them come, I was too focused on Amber and I’s mini stand-off.

 

“Yeah, Krystal. Don’t be chicken. Choose the dare.” Sulli prodded.

 

“Okay. Okay. I choose the dare but whoever loses must do the dare of each of the members, okay?” I finally conceded.

 

“Call.” Amber said.

 

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I swear I saw a glint in her eyes that made me regret my decision a little bit.

 

Amber’s first shot nearly too perfect for a carnival game. I think she’s taking this more seriously than I thought. I won’t lose, I said to myself even if I knew that my hand-eye coordination is really bad. I knew before I even took my shot that I would lose.

 

And lose, I did. Shot after shot, Amber hit the bull’s eye, while all my shots went either outside the target or outside the stall. The girls were all laughing at me and by the end of the game, they were all but crying with laughter.

 

“Oh, Krystal. That was really bad.” Vic eomma said in mock pity.

 

“Really, Krystal. You dare challenge Amber and you were actually bad at shooting?” Luna asked sarcastically,

 

Sulli did not even bother talking as she was laughing her lungs out.

 

“I guess you get to do 4 dares today, Krystal. Are you ready?” Amber smirked, hinting on an evil plan.

 

That smirk somehow gave me chills and I totally regret my competitive spirit today.

 

All the girls have said their dares. Luna dared me not to scream at the whole roller coaster ride. That was not that easy, but I can manage. Sulli dared me to eat the spiciest food we could find in the park without drinking water. Well, that would hurt but I accept the challenge willingly. Vic eomma dared me go alone the horror house and hug a random person inside if I get scared. I gladly accepted the dare, thinking that it’s my first time to do something really bold such as a hug a stranger. But hey, there’s a time to try new things, and that is now.

 

“Hey, Amber, since you won, I expect you to give the hardest dare.” I teased Amber.

 

“Yeah. As if all the girls’ dares were easy.” Was her witty answer.

 

“Really. They weren’t that hard. What’s your dare Amber? And, please, make it REALLY hard.” I said.

 

I really did not want it to be that hard, but knowing Amber, she wouldn’t say no to giving me a hard time.

 

“Okay. Krystal, I dare you to kiss one of the member’s on the lips.”

 

Oh . No kidding. That was really hard as this kiss would be my first time. EVER.