Delays

Private Lessons

A/N: I'm so sorry for not updating for the past few months. I guess f(x)'s inactivity made me want to not continue this story anymore. With all the drama that the girls have been facing, I almost lost hope; but with renewed hope I have resurfaced with another update for you guys. Hope you like this new chapter.

Let's all keep cheering for f(x) and their upcoming comeback. 

 

_________________


Chapter 14:  Delays

 

These short months had me changed into someone I wouldn’t have thought I could become. I became stronger, physically, mentally and emotionally.

 

Maybe, just maybe, I will finally be over Nicole and her death.

 

AMBER POV

 

Tired is beyond what I feel, I’m worn out to the bone, sore from head to toe as we finally head home in our service van. Sulli and Luna, who were usually the noisy ones during our ride home, were all but passed out at the back seat. Vic-eomma has her headphones on, nodding off to sleep. Krystal who had taken the seat beside Vic-eomma was silently looking out the window.

 

No one spoke for the whole ride home, it was only when we were having our dinner that Vic-eomma spoke.

 

“Girls listen up.” All eyes were now directed at her.

 

“Manager Kim just told me a little while ago that our debut will be pushed back to a few more months. The management seemed to find our ‘skills’ still lacking something. They need to see an ‘oomph factor’ in each of us, or so I was told. So starting tomorrow, we will be 200% going to focus on every training they put us into. Starting tomorrow, no more slacking, okay?”

 

“B-but didn’t you just say a few days back that our debut date was set?” Sulli sadly asked.

 

“Apparently it was not our sole fault for not being ‘good enough’…”Vic-eomma started.

 

“Then why?” Luna’s eyes were glistening with unshed tears from having called not good enough.

 

“Well Manager Kim said that they were having a hard time sealing the contract with the international producers and composers so the songs could not be made on schedule. But really girls, from the rumors floating around, it’s not our fault. I even heard some of the trainees talking about how lucky we were to be debuting in such a short time. They even said we were one of the best groups SM has made…”

 

I tuned out Vic-eomma’s long speech as soon as I heard that the debut’s delay was not mostly our fault. It was enough of an explanation for now. I’m not so happy about the other trainees talking behind our backs; but since the talks were mostly about the girls being talented and all, I let it slide off my mind for now.

 

For now I need to focus on training and not get distracted on things happening back home in LA. Like Mom and Dad’s incessant nagging about me taking a break from all the training on becoming an idol and come back home to visit. I keep telling that I don’t have enough money for a plane ticket but they argued that they could send me some money for a plane ticket. I instantly said no. That was their hard earned money. To end the conversation, I promised that as soon as our schedule clears up, I will come and visit them. And maybe, just maybe, even visit her grave one last time and let go of everything and move on.

 

KRYSTAL POV

 

Dinner that night was the full of side comments about our delayed debut. Sulli kept going on about the unfair treatment of trainees, Luna was somewhat irritated about the other trainees’ talking behind our back, Vic-eomma tried her best to keep the two hot heads at bay but miserably failed. I tried helping but ended up joining in bad-mouthing everyone that caused our misery.

 

Amber was the only quiet one. Picking on her food while watching us with an unreadable expression on her face. At first at thought it was irritation, but upon looking longer, I found that she was actually in deep thought. About what, I am going to find out as soon as this dinner is over and we stop talking badly about everyone.

 

“…GIRLS! Just stop okay?” Vic-eomma reprimanded us.

 

This was the first time I heard her raise her voice. We all looked at her, startled.

 

“I didn’t mean to shout like that. I just wanted to calm you down so that we could rest and face the challenges headstrong tomorrow, okay?” she started cleaning up the dishes and shooed us all to our rooms to rest.

 

“Let me help you eomma,” I stayed behind to help her.

 

“No, Krystal. Just go to your room and rest, okay? I can do this,” she all but pushed me out of the kitchen.

 

And with that, I slowly retreated and walked down the hall my room. My room was at the end of the hall, I passed Luna and Sulli’s room and saw that their light was off. Amber’s light however was still on. I knocked lightly and waited for her to open the door.

 

“Yeah, coming,” I heard shuffling and Amber opened the door.

 

“Hi. Your light was still on so…” I saw that she still hasn’t washed up.

 

“Yeah. I was doing my language homework. What brings you here, though?” she asked.

 

“Umm,” I searched my brain for a good excuse but my mouth blurted out the truth, “I just wanted to ask if you’re okay. You were a little sulky during dinner. I thought you might be a little pissed with everything happening,” that came out worse than I thought it would be. I just hope Amber won’t slam the door on my face and tell be to mind my own business.

 

But Amber surprised me by pulling me inside and urging me to sit on her unmade bed. I was even more surprised when she engulfed me in the tightest hug I’ve ever experienced in my life.

 

Hugging her as fiercely, I rubbed small circles on her back in comfort. Her arms loosened slightly but still she remained clinging to me.

 

“Thank, Krystal,” she murmured against my neck.

 

“For what, Amber?” I just kept rubbing her back.

 

“For understanding. For just being there when I need you. For seeing deeper despite the façade I try so hard to protect myself with.” I felt her lips move against the sensitive skin off my neck. I felt her lips pucker and give my neck a light kiss.

 

I jerked back, instantly tickled by the act that was probably something affectionate. Oh man, I just ruined a perfectly emotional moment with my ticklish neck.

 

Amber was equally surprised, a blush creeping on her cheeks. She looked down and played with the hem of her shirt and said a soft sorry.

 

“No, no. It was not you. I’m just overly ticklish on my neck. Sooo…” I explained.

 

With that, she looked up and smiled in understanding. There suddenly was an awkwardness the moment our eyes met. I wanted to laugh and ease out of the awkward silence but all that came out was a snicker.

 

We were soon laughing our asses off, me hitting the bed and Amber falling down on the floor. As soon as the laughter ceased to wide grins, she sat on her study table and tried working on her homework.

 

“Hey, need my help, stupid?” I asked, looking over the pile of homework she had to do.

 

“Yah! Don’t call me stupid, stupid.” She stuck her tongue out in mock annoyance and feigned irritation.

 

She just kept writing and writing. But the more she wrote, the deeper her eyebrows furrowed. How confusing this must be for her.

 

“Here let me,” I snatched the paper she was working on and read over what she was having a hard time on.

 

“Hey! Give it back!” she tried pulling the paper back but I kept it out of her reach.

 

“Okay, stupid. Keep quiet, I’m trying to help you here,” she sat back down on her chair and waited for me to finish.

 

“Amber. This is quite complicated to teach in just one sitting. How about I slowly break you into this lesson and whatever we can’t cover, we’ll come tackle some other night?” I suggested.

 

“I can just ask my instructor to do that for me, you know? And besides, we’re all too wiped out after every training day, how can I ask to you do that for me?” she said.

 

“No, it’s fine. Really. I insist. And I do enjoy teaching you, okay? Let me help, I know our time for language lessons are not enough.” I insisted, pulling my best puppy dog eyes.

 

I know Amber has a weak spot that side of me. In no time, I had her agreeing to continue our nightly lessons. On one condition (Amber decided on this), she was indebted to me indefinitely.

 

That was enough for me.

 

The deal is sealed.

 

I get to spend an hour or two every night with Amber, in the privacy of her own room. 

 

Not that I was having inappropriate thoughts about anything. But I am so looking forward to this deal.

 

_____________________________

A/N: 

Thank you guys so much! I promise to update regualrly from now on. And maybe finish this story within 2 months.

Comments, suggestions, and violent reactions are accepted. Hope to hear from you guys :D

 

Love,

blacknaive

(Krysia Chiara)