Chapter 18 (Untitled)

Private Lessons


Chapter 18:

Amber just smiled as I told her of my wickedly brilliant plan.

It’s a new year. Time for everyone to get over the past.

 

AMBER POV

“…ber. Amber. Hey, wake up.” A sweet voice keeps on waking me up from my sleep.

“Come on, Amber. You have to listen to what I have to say.” The sweet voice was now shaking me quite aggressively.

In annoyance, I pushed her away and pulled the blanket over my head. Only to have it yanked away in a second. “YAH! I said wake up!”

Now, that got me up. Rubbing sleep out of my eyes, I snapped at whoever was trying to wake me up. “What?!”

“Amber. It’s Krystal. Are you awake now?” Krystal began finger-combing my ridiculous bedhead. She then moved on to pulling me to my feet and pushing me into the bathroom.

I groggily let her lead me to the bathroom. Eyes still closed, I took the toothbrush she hurriedly put on toothpaste and began brushing my teeth lazily. That earned a ‘tsk’ from Krystal.

Already moody this early in the morning, I thought as I hurried the pace up a little to pacify her.

Face washed, teeth brushed, she pulled me out of the bathroom and sat me back in the bed. She pulled my chair and sat facing me, a serious expression on her face.

“Okay Amber. Listen carefully and listen well.” I just nodded, too scared to reply verbally.

“The fight between Luna and Sulli has been going on for too long, right?” I nodded in agreement.

“And I think it’s high time we interfere with their petty fight.” She paused, waiting for me to answer. This time I answered her.

“Yeah. You’re right.” Satisfied that I finally opened my mouth to answer her, she continued.

“So, I thought of asking Vic-eomma to cook dinner for them and leave them to talk by themselves. Of course, we should just do it here, where their fight started in the first place. I wouldn’t risk causing a scandal by having them talk it out at a public place, the dorm is the safest place. I know this would not probably work; but we should just to something, we can’t keep ignoring their fight that may lead to more complications.”  She looked at me expectantly.

It took me more time than necessary to form a reply. “Yes. I like your plan. I’m sure Vic-eomma will agree to that too.”

“I know right? So when do you think we should make this ‘dinner date’ happen?” she clapped excitedly.

-----------

“AGAIN!” our dance instructor snapped as Sulli missed another beat of our dance.

“This is the 5th time she made the same mistake,” hissed Luna. Good thing I was the only one who heard her or else Sulli would have thrown another fit.

“In 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…” This is going to be a long day.

The cafeteria was bustling with people as we dropped in for lunch. Trainees, employees and even some sunbaes fill the small space. Chatter surrounded us as we awkwardly took our seats at our usual corner table.

Krystal still haven’t told Vic-eomma of her plan, or should I say OUR plan, and I know it’s been bugging her the whole day. I saw her opening and closing in an attempt to say something, anything to lift the awkward atmosphere. But all she managed to say is, “Today’s lunch is good.”

I almost face-palmed at her statement and resisted the urge to kick her under the table. Luckily Luna and Sulli did not seem to have heard what Krystal said. Or they just did not feel like responding to her. I made a mental note to find a way for Krystal to tell of her plan to Vic-eomma.

Lunch went on as quickly as rehearsals did, and soon we found ourselves in the shower room, washing off the day’s grime. I showered as quickly as I can and slipped into Vic-emmas stall silently.

“Wha—“ I covered Vic-eomma’s mouth and signaled her to shush.

She was thankfully not weirded out at all by me slipping into her shower stall while she was nearly as as I am. I removed my hand when she nodded in understanding.

“Amber, why?” concern marring her features.

“I just wanted to tell you of Krystal’s plan for this evening,” I started.

“Okay…what about it?” Vic-eomma asked.

“So her plan is about you making special dinner tonight for Luna and Sulli…” I was at first doubtful about her agreeing but with the endless nods she was giving me, I guess she definitely liked the idea.

“Yeah. Absolutely.” She has a big smile on her face when I finished explaining the plan.

Relieved and feeling a little hopeful about the two finally making up, I left Vic-eomma to finish her shower and stepped into Krystal’s stall next.

She was just drying off with a towel when I silently slipped into her stall. Her eyes widened in surprise but did not make a sound. Like Vic-eomma, she did not bother covering her body with a towel and just looked curiously at me.

“I’ve told Vic-eomma of your plan. She said yes,” I said with a triumphant smile

What she did next will forever be engrained in my memory. She hugged me. A very , slightly damp Krystal excited hugged me. I was frozen on the slippery tiles I was standing on as her body collided with my towel-covered ones.

Did I mention that she was also slightly jumping up and down in her excitement? No? Well she definitely is. I can feel all her girly parts rubbing against my barely covered body. I did not return her hug, and just waited for to release me, which she did after a few long seconds.

“Thank you, Amber.” And she flashed me her megawatt smile.

-----------------

I was still in a Krystal induced daze when we got back to the dorm. Vic-eomma was in the kitchen preparing Luna and Sulli’s special dinner. Krystal was watching some TV reruns with Sulli and Luna was in her shared room, probably sulking.

 

I debated whether to go to my and chat with Jackie or help Vic-eomma with dinner. I opted for the latter; but was quickly dismissed by the busy cook. So I just came into the living room to watch with Krystal and Sulli.

 

It turns out they were watching an SM Artists special featuring the trainees and the newest group to debut this year. SNSD sunbaes were being interviewed and at the background, were the 5 of us in the rehearsal room. I did not even notice them shooting outside our practice room. Or maybe it was just me.

 

“YAH!! That’s us!” Krystal beamed from her seat.

 

She was flapping around excitedly upon having our first TV airtime. I smiled at her blatant excitement and looked at Sulli, expecting the same reaction. But she was just staring at the TV with an unreadable expression on her face. I was about to ask her how she feels when Vic-eomma called us all for dinner.


Our dining table was full of expensive looking dishes when we walked in. Vic-eomma brought in plates and set them carefully on the nicely set placemats and cutlery.

 

“Why are there only two plates? There’s 5 of us, unni.” Luna asked.

 

“Tonight’s dinner is not for the 5 of us, it’s for you two, Luna, Sulli.” Vic-eomma pointedly looked at the two girls.

 

“B-but.” Sulli started.


“No buts, just take your seats and enjoy the food.” She pulled out the chairs for them and ordered them to sit.

 

Once they were seated, Vic-eomma poured them wine coloured juice and served them with appetizers.

 

“Okay. I want you two to talk your misunderstanding out. The three of us will make ourselves scarce and have dinner outside. When we get back, I want all these food finished and your fight all cleared up. Arrasseo?” She said in the sternest voice I ever heard her speak.

 

“NE.” Sulli and Luna answered.

 

With that, we left the girls alone and headed out into the cold streets looking for a warm place to eat dinner, and maybe hang out for quite a while.

___________________________________________________

A/N:
HEY GUYS! Finally an update!

I know it's not the best update in the world but hopefully you'll like it. I just wanted to thank you for being the best and patient readers, I promise a better update soon!

On another note, I'm really loving my new job. I'm still a trainee but I feel like a long-time employee already with the very warm atmosphere in the office. 

Tell me about random things about your life if you'd like and I'll share some more of mine! :D

AND ALSO...f(x) will be coming back soooon!! Here's some Kryber for you guys. :)

And this is my fave kryber gif of all time. That look is just screaming pure adoration <3

 

Comments, suggestions, and violent reactions are as always welcome. 

 

 

Love, 

Krysia Chiara (blacknaive)