All of Me

It's Time to Say Goodbye {ONHOLD}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Here's another update. The explosive reaction you guys had was DAEBAK. I'm so happy that you guys are really liking this story and I am enjoying writing this myself. 

To reward you guys for really supporting me, I decided to update early and here's the next part. I can honestly say that this is my favorite chapter thus far and I silently hope that you all will like it too. I love the conflicting opinions on the comments on Kris and Dara and their situation. Keep em' coming.

Without further adieu, here's Chapter 6.

Sorry for all the spelling and grammar mistakes, I didn't have time to edit this.

 

All of Me

Do you know the feeling that resurges when you see someone you thought was the one for the longest time? That is what both Dara and Kris felt when they saw each other. The feeling was a mixture of discomfort and bittersweetness. Being that they ended on bad terms, this type of uneasiness was expected.

"How are you?" Dara gave him a sad smile, choosing to look at her feet more than anything. 

Kris flushed. "I—I—I'm fine," he stuttered.

"What are you doing in New York?"He continued.

"Oh, well ever since that incident happened two years ago, I decided to move here. It was probably the best decision I have ever made. I've just recently become a model now," she said, rubbing her hands together and massaging her shoulders to counter the chill she felt. The awkwardness between them was still evident, and Kris rubbed the back of his neck. It was 70 degrees that day, but the chill of their chance meeting replaced the hot weather.

"Well, we should catch up—have lunch or something. I haven't properly apologized for what happened—"

"Daddy!" Kris moved his head in the direction of that sound; his son was running towards him. Kris crouched down to pick up his son, and not far away was Sulli who was walking towards him with his daughter in tow. Dara froze.

"Hey honey," Sulli said as she gave Kris a whopping kiss.

"Who's this? A friend? Hi, I'm Sulli, Kris' wife," she said as she extended her hand out, expecting a shake in return. Dara complied and gave her a careful smile.

"Hi, my name is Dara. I was a friend of Kris'. I moved here two years ago and we lost contact since. It's nice meeting you. Your kids are so cute, what are their names?" She bent down and ruffled the young boy's hair.

"Thank you. Kris and I make beautiful babies, don't you agree? Their names are Lauren and Leo."

"Your genes are so envy worthy! Well I have to go; I'll see you guys around then?" Dara laughed and gave them a wave. She was about to leave when Sulli stopped her.

"Wait! Why don't we have dinner tonight? Kris and I recently moved here, and I have no friends yet. Besides, Kris has a good judge of character, so if you were friends before then I bet you're a good person to be around Lauren and Leo. Do you have a boyfriend? It's been a while since Kris and I had a date night and it would be fun to have a double date," Sulli innocently said. Dara contemplated. She only had two clear choices: decline and possibly never see them again or accept and try to get past this whole "Kris-Dara" fiasco behind them. 

Dara decided that since she was a big girl now; there was nothing wrong with having dinner with your ex-boyfriend and his wife. Besides, Dara had her own happy ending now and Woobin knew about her past, just as she knew his' so he would be there with her every step of the way.

"Sure," Dara finally agreed. Sulli shouted in glee and hugged Dara. 

"Here's the address of the restaurant. Come at 8:00; just say my name and they'll lead you to us. It's Black Tie, so dress formally. I'll see you tonight! Come on Kris, I promised Leo and Lauren that we'll go get them ice cream," Sulli said, pulling her husband. 

Dara waved at them as they walked away, Kris having no chance to say goodbye to her himself.

Dara walked a couple more blocks before deciding to sit on one of the free benches that occupied the city. Taking a deep breath, she called her boyfriend and asked him if he had any shoots that night.

"Hey babe. Do you have a photo shoot tonight?" Dara asked as she fiddled with her hair, events of that day replaying on her mind like a broken record.

"No babe. I finish at 6:00. Why, what's up?" He asked worriedly. Dara was never the type to start conversations like that. Usually she would always start with "Where are you?” and “I miss you.”

"Well here's the thing…" she began as she detailed their meeting from her memory. Woobin listened and never stopped her once to explain. That was one of the things she loved about him: his ability to listen with reason and with no judgment. 

"Okay. So should I pick you up at 7?" 

"Thank you. You have the right to refuse, to not let me go but you're being the bigger person here and choosing to be with me as I fight this battle," Dara was now shedding tears.

"Baby, don't cry. Of course I will be there with y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter