Right as Rain

It's Time to Say Goodbye {ONHOLD}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Right as Rain

Hurt is what she felt when she saw him kiss another girl. When he called her up this afternoon, saying that he could not make it to their dinner plans because of some meeting, she understood and told him to be safe. Albeit being sad and depressed, she called up her girlfriends and asked them if they wanted to go out that night. Minzy, CL, and Bom, being the young girls that they were, agreed to meet with her in one of Seoul’s most popular clubs, the Grapevine.

Simply put, Dara’s friends were frequent bar hoppers, unlike Dara. Indeed, she is less of a bar hopper, but she was never considered as an extrovert. She followed them in and sat down. At first, she was only drinking light drinks and aimlessly talking to her friends. She had not seen him, but when she recognized one of his best mates, she knew that he would be there too. Thinking nothing of it, Dara decided that she wanted to surprise him, so she hid herself. When she finally saw him, she started walking towards him but stopped in her tracks when she saw another girl jump on him and kiss him on the lips. 

It only took a second for her world to crumble down. At a distance, her friends saw the same scene and immediately ran to her. Tears started to run down Dara’s face, and Bom instinctively covered her eyes.

 “It’s okay, don’t cry San,” Bom said affectionately.

CL was ready to pounce on him, but Minzy kept her in check. Dara continued to cry until she garnered enough courage and strength to move. She looked up to them again and saw that Kris and his girl were now dancing passionately—flesh to flesh, nose to nose, and cheek to cheek. Dara walked back to their table, grabbed her full martini glass and marched towards him. Her friends tried to stop her, saying that he is not worth it and that they should just leave, but she ignored their suggestions and continued to walk towards him. His back was facing her so he did not see her coming. With one full swoop, she dunked her drink over his head.

 “What the hell!” Kris shouted over the music.

As he turned around, his eyes grew wide at the sight of his girlfriend. When he was met with questioning looks, not only by his girl but also by the other club goers, pride immediately took over him.

“Dara what are you doing here?” Kris asked confidently.

“So this is why you couldn’t make it to our dinner date tonight,” Dara stated, her voice laced with bravado.

“Is she your girlfriend?” The girl next to Kris remarked. Kris scoffed.

“No. She’s just a friend. Dara what are you doing here?” Kris asked. She grew incredulous after that.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter