Just You

Just You

 

Chapter 7

Yesung was walking Ryeowook home when some older boys approached them grinning and he suddenly stiffened.

 

 “Look what we have here. You guys… do you remember this little brat? This innocent boy who was only trying to run away from us to not lend his money. How stingy” said the one who looked like the leader of the band.

 

“Not again. Please… NOT AGAIN!”

 

“Sung? Are you ok? Do you know these people?”

 

Yesung didn’t answer; he just couldn’t answer, not when he couldn’t see and hear nothing but screams and a car coming ever faster and nearer a boy lying on the ground.

 

“NO!! STOP” he yelled, out of the blue. His arms went around his head, covering himself in an almost childish way. He was shivering and Ryeowook, who was beside him, could hear his friend panting; he tried to calm him his back and calling his name but all he received was a violent shrug and another scream, stronger, from Yesung.

 

“Oh, so you’re not over it yet. Well, you deserve it. You must have all stuck in your head. I wish you’ll never be able to forget what you did. You have to remember his face, his expression right that moment. You kept looking even when all of us knew there was nothing to do. How do you feel now? How can you look so happy? HOW?” said that boy.

 

Who was this person? What is he saying? What did Yesung? Who belong his face, his expression to?

Ryeowook wanted to ask all this questions and some more but it didn’t seem the right time. His friend was shaking beside him and it was pretty clear it was because of this guys.

 

“No… I… Didn’t…”

 

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<_______________>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

“Come on, Jongwoon! Don’t be an and lend us your allowance. If you do so I’ll make my mum and my sister go to your parents’ café and then they will bring also their friends. We know your family is poor and you saved this money for so long but we need it”

 

Jongwoon looked at him with arrogance, decided to put and end at this silly game that Jaehyun and his friends begun a week ago.

Everyday they would circle him and ask him for money. The first times they went easy on him and let go almost immediately because he really didn’t have much money with him but when they saw him treat for lunch his best friend they followed him intended to have his money.

 

 “I’ve already told you that I don’t have money. I’ve been telling you so for a damned week but you’re so stubborn. You’re noisy” he said, trying to go away.

 

“So you don’t really care about your family? Your little brother is gonna starving ‘til death because you didn’t want our help. Poor poor family. How can they send you to school? They should get you a job.”

 

“My family is notpoor” Jongwoon hissed. “Instead of telling me to get a job try to find one for you so you don’t have to piss me every ing day!”

 

Jaehyun send a death glare to Jongwoon and then started to put his hands into his “victim’s” pocket.

 

“Don’t touch me!” yelled Jongwoon and prayed off Jaehyun’ hands, who tried again to search for money.

 

Jongwoon then pushed him not really forcefully; just hard enough to free himself and go away.

Unluckily Jaehyun tripped, lose his balance and fell on the street right when a car at really high speed was coming.

 

Everyone, even Jongwoon, yelled and told him to get up because he was in danger.

And he tried hardto escape but he was too scared.

His expression was pure horror.

He was aware of what was coming next, he knewhe had to get up and run but he didn’t manage to.

He hoped ‘till the end that the car could stop, but it didn’t.

He looked straight into Jongwoon eyes when the car hit him as for saying “It’s your fault”

“ It should be you in my place, not me”

 

Jongwoon screamed. Jaehyun’s friends screamed. The driver screamed. Passersby screamed too.

 

Jongwoon could only hear indefinite yells mixed at his; he could only see a boy lying on the street, lifeless. And he was still looking at him.

 

The driver got off the car and tried to wake up the boy shaking him but the latter couldn’t. It’s was too late.

 

Jongwoon went blank. He couldn’t think, he couldn’t see, he couldn’t move a finger.

 

When a woman shook his shoulder, making him come back to heart, he began to cry.

He didn’t know why, Jaehyun wasn’t his friend, he wasn’t even his classmate. He was only a boy who pissed him everyday after school. He could have said Jongwoon even hated him but it wasn’t in his personality: he didn’t hate anyone, it needs too much effort.

 

Then why, right now, did he hate himself? It was so easy it surprised him.

 

“It’s my fault. I should have let him do whatever he wanted. Maybe I would end with some bound but he would be still alive. I should have let him search for my money… But I didn’t have money anymore!! I spent all of it for lunch… And maybe I should…” he started to talk to no one in particular. He was blabbering, letting out all he was thinking without thinking.

 

The woman kept soothing him and telling him it wasn’t his fault.

“I saw what you did, it was not your fault. He tripped. I saw him. You were only freeing yourself”

 

“I can hear him calling my name… It doesn’t stop… Jongwoon, Jongwoon, Jongwoon, Jongwoon” he wasn’t listening to the woman, he couldn’t hear nothing but his name shouted by that boy lying on the ground.

 

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<_______________>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

 

“Jongwoon, Jongwoon, Jongwoon”

 

“Yesung! Pull yourself together, please. Yesung hyung, stop thinking whatever you are thinking.”  Ryeowook was trying to calm him but it was useless.

 

When the leader boy laughed hard Ryeowook looked at him angrily.

 

“I don’t know who you are and even though I’d like to, just to give a name to the face I want to punch so badly right know, I think you should just go away and let Yesung be. I don’t care what happened before, I’m sure you don’t have the right to treat him like this” he said, truly pissed off by the boy’s behavior.

 

“I don’t need to do nothing to this bastard. His memories can do all the work. I just hope he’ll never manage do forget anything. He deserves all this pain, he deserves much more pain” the leader talked back and went away followed by his companions.

 

Yesung was still trembling, he didn’t notice that he was alone now. Well, besides Ryeowook, of course.

 

“Hyung… Sung” Ryeowook shook him lightly, trying to calm his friend. Yet, he still couldn’t understand anything, he was still murmuring his real name.

 

Yes, Ryeowook knew his real name and knew that Yesung didn’t like being called by that. Though, Wook didn’t know why  he hated so much his name.

It was difficult for his friend talk about this, he knew that, so he decided to just adapt and call him by his nickname.

 

Since shaking him didn’t give a result Ryeowook gently pulled down Yesung’s arms from his head and cupped his cheek with his hand, making his friend looking at him.

 

“Yesung… They’re gone… They’re not here so calm down, ok? They can’t do anything to you don’t worry. Ok?” He asked, looking directly into his eyes.

 

Yesung simply nodded, apparently in his right mind then.

 

“Well. Now we’re going to my home, I’m gonna cook you something and you’re gonna pull yourself together. I don’t like seeing you like this. I don’t know what happened, I only know you can get over it like you were doing ‘til now”

 

“Yeah.. It’s that… sometime the memories come back. Even if it’s only for a minute but it hurts. I’m working on it and it’s actually going fine. Usually I can manage to wipe away all that thoughts but today… With him before me. I just freaked out” Yesung said, looking… guilty?

 

“Sung, you don’t have to explain me nothing. But remember: if you feel the need, I’m here to listen. I don’t think it would help you, but I can just listen”

 

“Thanks Wook. I think I need to talk about this with someone. I have to pour all out and then forget everything” he said with a half smile.

 

Ryeowook put his arm on Yesung’s shoulder and lead him towards his house.

“Come on, I’m hungry. Firstly we will eat or I’ll become a beast”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ok, here’s the 7th chapter. At the beginning I was pretty satisfied with my work but now… I think I messed all. It u.u

 

Sorry for not posting all this time, actually I was a bit stressed out and I had incessant headaches for like… four days? I don’t even know.

 

And actually I was not going to update for another week but yesterday while reading an idea came to my mind and I started to write immediately.

 

So… sorry for being late and sorry for writing such an awful chapter *hides*

The next will be more… I don’t know… better. Yeah, it will be better.

Oh and also sorry if you’ll see more mistakes than usual: I’m still having this painful-like-hell (?) headache. So much sorry tonight TT

 

Thank you to my subscribers, to who commented and even the silent readers ^_^

Thank you to all

 

And kept commenting, it makes me write more :3