Just You

Just You

Chapter 1

 

 

    Ryeowook was in front of the school gate. This is my new school.

 

    "Let's go!!" he told himself and entered the school.

 

    He was looking at his timetable while walking when something hit him so hard he fell on the ground with all his books spread.

 

    "What..." he said rubbing his bottom. He looked up and saw a guy with black styled hair collecting the books.

 

    "Sorry! I'm really sorry, I'm late for my class and I was running... I didn't notice you. Sorry, I have to go or I'll be punished again" The guy give the books to him, bowed and ran away.

 

    "But!" What a strange boy.

 

    Ryeowook stood up and kept searching for his Maths class. Why Maths has to be the first class? It's boring and sleepy. What could I do if I fall asleep during the lesson?

 

    When he found the room, he knocked and entered. Everyone was looking at him but his gaze was firm on the teacher who smiled and gestured him to come close.

 

    "You must be Kim Ryeowook, right? I'm your Maths teacher, nice to meet you. You can choose a seat, there are a few of them free, in the back"

 

    "Thank you" the boy said bowing. When he looked to choose what seat to take, he noticed the guy he met before was smiling at him.

 

    "Sorry again. I had been impolite running away and not helping you. I'm Yesung, anyway"

 

    Don't worry, it's nothing. My name's Ryeowook. See you later" He smiled and went to his seat, ahead of Yesung and near a pretty girl with straight brown hair.

 

    The weird boy kept looking at him for the rest of the lesson. "He seems interesting" whispered.

 

                                            --___--___--___--___--___--___--___--___--

 

    Woah!! Finally, it's lunchtime! I was starving. What can I pick? There are so many delicious plates. Mmh... Let's see. I think I'll eat this... this... Oh and this like dessert.

 

    Ryeowook chose what to eat and sat at an empty table. He was pretty satisfied of his first day until now: his teachers were all good and efficient and his classmates seemed nice.

 

    He was eating happily when someone sat in front of him with his own food.

 

    "Hey! Why are you alone? Nobody wants to eat with you?"

 

    "No, it's not like this, Yesung. I don't want to disturb no one, so I'm here" replied Ryeowook.

 

    "But I want to eat with you" pouted the strange guy, "You look so nice I'm still sorry for tis morning"

 

    He laughed "But I've already told you it's nothing. When I'm late I'm 10 times worse than you"

 

    Yesung smiled and kept eating his lunch and so did Ryeowook.

 

    Even though he seem strange, I think he's a good person. He's solar and makes me laugh.

 

    "Ahm..." the guy distracted Ryeowook from his thoughts "Can I ask you a question?"

 

    "Mmh. Of course you can" he said still eating.

 

    "Why did you moved to this school? If you don't want to answer then don't do it"

 

    "Well, my father had to move because of his work so my mother and I came with him. We had lived in a near neighborhood until now" said Ryeowook.

 

    "Oh, I see. So, are you an only child? You know, I have a younger brother; we look very similar"

 

    "Really? What is like having a brother? My friends and I are very close and I consider them as brothers but I guess it's not the same" He became even more interested now.

 

    "Oh, it's great if you know how to behave with him" he laughed. "We talk about everything... but sometimes we quarrel, too: it's good for the stress. And another advantage is that he can cover me with our parent when I do something I shouldn't do"

 

    Ryeowook smiled and finished his last spoonful, then he took a book and began to do some homework.

 

    "You know, I'd like to have a brother or a sister. But I've already accepted the idea of being an only child"

 

    "It's not so bad being alone. Sometimes I'd like to stay in a quiet place, thinking about nothing. However, let's change topic. Why are you studying?"

 

    Ryeowook looked the guy in front of him.

 

    "Oh, I have something to do after school so I won't have time to do it" he smiled embarrassed. "But I'm listening to you, You can keep going on"

 

    "If you're busy I can let you study; you should have told me, I don't want to disturb you with my talking. I'll stay here quiet, you can be sure" Yesung said nodding.

 

    "But you'll get bored! You don't have to stay with me. I guess you have your own friends, you should be with them!"

 

    "I never get bored" he laughed "Furthermore, I like being here so I'll wait 'till lunchtime finishes"

 

    "But..." he tried to protest again. 

 

    Yesung shook his head and smiled. "No buts. I'm going to stay here with you; I don't care if you want to stay alone or if you think I'm like a tube of glue"

 

    Ryeowook did so, too. "Do what you want but then don't complain with me"

 

    "Don't worry"

 

                                                  --___--___--___--___--___--___--___--___--___--

 

    I'm lucky: the music school isn't so far from school and I don't have to run like a madman to arrive in time.

 

    Ryeowook was walking to his music school quietly and humming as he always does when he's alone.

 

    "Ryeowook!! Hey, Ryeowook, wait for me!!"

 

    He turned to see who was calling him and saw a boy running towards him. "You?! What are you doing here?"