Dae-han's Point Of View (2)

Oppa, I Hate You! [오빠,난 니가 싫어!] = Special Chapters Uncovered =

A/N : This chapter is based on Chapter 21 in 'Oppa, I Hate You' ~ ^^


 

Junhong was in the same age as Dae-mi. So, he was quite like my son and he always came to visit me or even talked about something that he went through...no matter happy or sad.

 

I felt like he was a light that shines my life....

 

I already told Ae-mi about my changed address and she was completely saying nothing about it. But she still kept giving Dae-mi’s pictures to me which I was glad of it. One day, when I was looking at Dae-mi’s picture, Junhong comes and saw the picture.

 

“Ajeossi? Who’s that girl? She looks pretty~” Junhong chuckles at the end of his sentences.

 

“This?” I showed him the picture. “She is my daughter, Yoon Dae-mi. Same age as you, Junhong ahh...” I looked at the reaction on his face. He seems surprised by it.

 

“Jeongmal? 14 years old as me? Woah! I bet she did inherit your looks, ajeossi! Both of you did seems alike, though~” I laughed. This kid...always know how to make me smile with his joke.

 

“Really? I’m glad that she inherits my looks. At least...that was the only thing that I could give to her as her father.” I slowly lowered my gaze...and thought about Dae-mi’s life been there in United States.

 

I was sure she did have a happy life there....

 

“Ajeossi? What do you mean by that?” Junhong was now scratched his head while looked at me with curious look.

 

“Nothing. Junhong ahh~ I will tell you about it when the time has come, ne?” I could still looked his curious face but he as if didn’t have any other choices so he just nodded.

 

=======================================

 

Junhong’s dream was to be an artist. And finally he would debut along with his partner as Bang and Zelo.

 

Zelo – that was his stage name that I chose for him. I wanted him to be a hardworking and always tried to achieve a great success in the future. I did treat him like my own son, right?

 

But I never forget about Dae-mi....

 

He did look so happy when he’s being accepted to be the second person to debut in his upcoming-will-be group that was called as Best Absolute Perfect if I was not mistaken of it. But actually I was quite felt a little bit sad as he would no longer accompany me here after this. He would go to Seoul for his dreams...

 

Gwenchanayo, Dae-han....

 

“Ajeossi~ Don’t be sad! I promise I’ll visit you whenever I had free time to spend, ne?” I nodded. I didn’t want to burden him with my ridiculous hope...

 

Then, at that time; I was realized about something.....

 

================================

 

Today was Dae-mi’s birthday. Her 18th birthday.

 

And I could still remember that day; the day when Ae-mi’s make out her promise to me and also Dae-mi.

 

“Both of you can meet each other when Dae-mi is 18 years old, which is 11 years from now....”

 

Dae-mi ahh....Dad miss you... Did you possibly...miss me too?

 

I decided to try my luck to get a chance to talk to Dae-mi as today was her birthday. As Ae-mi had once gave me her mobile phone number just in case to contact with each other, I dialed that number by using my house phone.

 

There was still a silence..... Until...

 

“Hello. This is Amy Fayne speaking.” I startled. There was a woman who was speaking in English. Was it the right number? I was afraid if it was not Ae-mi’s number.

 

“Ae-mi? Is that you?” As I didn’t know and understand English, I just asked her by using Korean language.

 

“Y-Yoon Dae-han, I guess? Dae-mi’s dad?” Then, she was also talked to me by Korean language.  I let out a relief sigh.

 

“Ne! Dae-mi’s dad speaking.” I smiled. She still recognized me after all...

 

“I see... So, why you are calling me for now? I have to shorten this conversation though if it is not important. I’m quite busy.” Ae-mi’s stern voice did startle me a little bit. Did I interrupt her business?

 

“Well, you know... Actually, I...do want to talk to Dae-mi as today is her 18th birthday...” My voice did shake for a little bit when I was asking for her permission.

 

“You want to talk to her? Ahh~ What should I do? Our dearest Dae-mi is now still in her party. Her birthday party. I bet you can hear the noise from this phone right?” Yeah...it did seem as they’re having a party...

 

“Okay, I understand it now. But..Ae-mi, I still have something to ask to you...it’s still regarding our daughter.” I wanted to know if she does still remember about her promise before...

 

“What is it? Tell me.” Her voice was really firm.

 

“I want to meet her. This year, she’s already 18. Do you possibly still remember about your promise to me and also Dae-mi before?” I told her carefully.

 

“You cannot meet her! I won’t give Dae-mi to you! She’s my daughter!!” Suddenly, she snapped at me at the top of her voice.

 

“What? Why? Is it because I’m poor? I want to meet her – that’s all!” I thought there was a slight misconception here. I didn’t mean to take away Dae-mi from her...

 

I just wanted to meet Dae-mi...

 

“Yes. I know you wouldn’t take Dae-mi...but she...she just want to live with you, Dae-han. Plus, you cannot give a better life to Dae-mi as much as I do! I don’t want to simply put her future in gamble if she’s staying with you.” I agreed with her opinion. Yeah, I didn’t have a better life. How could I suppose to take care of Dae-mi then?

 

Dae-mi wanted to live with me?? My little princess....

 

“But...can I just meet her for once? I promised that I will-“ I missed Dae-mi very much... In these 11 years, I didn’t forget even once about her.

 

“You’ll never meet Dae-mi! Don’t even wish for it!” I startled. Did Ae-mi hate me very much until she didn’t give Dae-mi to meet me?

 

“But, I’m her father! I have my rights to meet her! Jebal....I’m begging you, Lee Ae-mi.. I’ve been waiting for 11 years for her.” I couldn’t be patient with her any longer.

 

“Hajima! Why do you want to meet her when you can’t even be a good appa for her? With your condition, I don’t think it was right for us to talk about that matter, Dae-han.” She did really have no mercy on my feelings for Dae-mi.

 

What have I done wrong to you, Ae-mi ahh?

 

“Ae-mi...jebal. I need to meet her this year. I’d already promise to be with her starts from now on...” I never forget that promise – I mean, how could I forget it?

 

“To me, you’re already dead. As for Dae-mi, please don’t give her hope and your sweet promises when you can’t even fulfill them!” Just I wanted to begged her for one more time; she already put this phone conversation to end.

 

================================

 

The sounds of sparrows chattering were entering my eardrums. It’s another painful morning that I’d to get through. It’s another day, but for me...tomorrow or next week and even next year were just the same.

 

Without Dae-mi, my life felt empty....

 

I stared to the teddy bear that I bought for Dae-mi’s 6th birthday with an empty looks. Maybe, just maybe we’re not destined to be father and daughter Dae-mi ahh....

 

*TOK TOK*

 

“Ajeossi! It’s me~ Junhongie is coming!” I hurriedly wiped my face and went straightly to open the front door.

 

I’ve been waiting for you, young boy....

 

“Junhong ahh~ Finally you’re back to Mokpo, ne?” I laughed and he nodded while gave a gentle smiles.

 

“Ne, ajeossi~ I miss you very much!!” He gave me his bear hugs. His hugs did make me felt better for a bit.

 

“Yes...me too.” But suddenly I bursted into a cry.

 

Tears that I have kept in my heart for long time....

 

“Ajeossi??” Junhong closed the door and patted my back. “Could you possibly tell me what happened to you in my absence period?”

 

I wiped my eyes that already wet with the tears just now. “Do you possibly still remember about my Dae-mi?” I looked at Junhong that was trying to remember about it.

 

“Yes. What’s wrong with her, ajeossi?” Junhong asked me with his naïve face. I shook my head.

 

“I think that the time has come. I will tell you everything about my story with her....” I took a deep breath before continued my sentences. “...and I’m gonna give you a task. I need your help to do this, will you?” I glared to his curious face. He nodded.

 

“I’ll help you as much as I could do ajeossi...”

 

#Feel free to comment for this chapter~ :)