Dae-han's Point Of View (1)

Oppa, I Hate You! [오빠,난 니가 싫어!] = Special Chapters Uncovered =

A/N : This chapter is based on Chapter 17 & Chapter 18 in 'Oppa, I Hate You' ~ ^^


 

My life was totally miserable without my daughter. Ae-mi...I don’t know why she’s being like that. Everything seems empty without Dae-mi. I’d even once thought to just take away Dae-mi with me but, my life was so poor...

 

She won’t live in better way if she’s with me....

 

I lived as a living corpse since then. I was just working as a construction worker. As my life didn’t mean much to me, I’d always felt depressed and maybe cried when every time I thought about Dae-mi.

 

I miss her very much....

 

But as I have a spirit to stay alive and well if I wanted to meet her one day in the future, I tried my best to live well. My best friend, Jae-guk and his family did help me a lot.

 

Thanks, buddy....

 

Plus, I had made a promise to Dae-mi before she went with Ae-mi to meet her here, in Daegu when she’s 18. I can’t wait for that moment to come though....

 

7 years later, I’d got a letter from Ae-mi. I glanced to the address. Ah~ She’s already lived in United States...very far from here.

 

Dae-mi ahh...how was your life been there?

 

As if she knew that I was going to miss Dae-mi very much, she started to give Dae-mi’s pictures and a bit notes of Dae-mi’s life there every year since then. And I kept it carefully in an album and even sometimes I showed it to Jae-hyuk.

 

He always remembered Dae-mi...same as me...

 

Several years later, my best friend left me here. When Jae-hyuk was just around 18 years old. He and his family moved to Seoul, as Jae-hyuk was accepted as a trainee writer in Red Magazine.

 

“Dae-han.” I looked to Jae-guk after I helped him to move his things in the lorry. “Never give up your hope to meet Dae-mi, ne? Please always live well and eat properly. I’m sure you don’t want Dae-mi to meet you in such miserable condition, hmmm?” He patted my shoulders. I just nodded.

 

That was the last time I met Jae-guk and his family...

 

As I’d promised Jae-guk to live well, I kept on moving forward. I would do everything that I could to meet Dae-mi. I’d also made money savings in order if I could meet Dae-mi in United States maybe. But still, my savings was not that much. As if the destiny won’t let us meet each other....the landlord came.

 

“Yoon Dae-han!! When will you pay me your rent??! I’d already be patient with you since three years ago! You just only pay about three months’ rent rather than three years rent in total!” The landlord’s son yelled loudly from the front of my house.

 

I noticed that every neighbors were looking at us now. “Mr. Landlord. I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to-“

 

“Mwo?! Oh please! Don’t use that lame reason anymore! You can lie to my dad but not me! I’d already make out my mind. YOU CAN GET OUT FROM THE HOUSE. NOW!” I startled. Now??

 

“Mr. Landlord...please gives me some time first. I-“ I tried to beg him for some mercy on my situation now.

 

“Sorry. I can’t even give you another chance anymore. I can only give about three days for you to leave.” I looked at him with an expressionless face. Deep in my heart, I never wanted to leave this place. How could I? I had already promised Dae-mi to meet her here. I just have to wait for another 4 years! Why now?

 

Why???!!

 

===================================

 

Everything had done packed for now. I glanced inside my house for a second. Most of my happy times with Dae-mi were spent here.

 

“Dad!!” Dae-mi ran as fast as she could towards me. I turned my head while gave her my best smiles.

 

A smile for my little princess...

 

“Aigoo…my little princess~ Why you’re running so fast? Is there any good news for me?” She nodded vigorously in my hugs.

 

“What is it then, dear?” I looked into her eyes, tried my best to guess what she’s going to say. “Come on~ Daddy really want to know it... Tell me, hmm?” I held her little hand tightly and brought it to my chest.

 

“Actually…it’s nothing!!” She poked my face with her little tiny finger and quickly sped up for a run. But she won’t go far away...I then ran to caught her and faced her.

 

“You’re pulling my legs now, don’t you? Take this punishment~~” I tickled her soles and that did make her laughed and almost tears up...

 

Ahh...these memories still haunts my life...

 

“Dad!! I don’t want to go!!!!! Please, dad! I beg you... I want to stay with you. Dad!” I suddenly realized from my imagination of past memories. These sentences...did sting me like a violent slap across my face.

 

Mianhaeyo, Dae-mi... I should just take you away during that time...

 

“Dad already missed you like crazy.” Unexpectedly, I had spit out the sentence that could describe my feelings throughout these years.

 

I quickly went out from the house as I didn’t want to felt feeble enough when I was leaving this house. Suddenly, one of my neighbor came towards me with her granddaughter.

 

“Dae-han...” I turned my head to look at her.

 

“Oh! Mrs. Kim. What are you doing here?” I’d try my best to hide my sad feelings inside me with a smile.

 

But she still saw it...

 

“I know you’re sad, leave this house is as same as you’re leaving the memories of your daughter, right?” I couldn’t meet her gaze upon me so I just looked at his granddaughter that was her lollipop with a happy face.

 

Just like Dae-mi before...

 

“Ne... But...I cannot do anything...” Tears were beginning to blur my vision.

 

“Gwenchana. I will always pray that you can meet her one day in the future. By the way, where are you headed to after this?” She asked me with her concern face. She was like my mother after all... She always took care of me, besides of my best friend.

 

“Thanks, Mrs. Kim. I will never forget you in my entire life.” I said to her with a sorrowful voice.

 

Then, suddenly Mrs. Kim granddaughter was holding my trousers while looked at me with her big shining eyes. “I want that...” I glanced to the place that she pointed to.

 

It’s actually the ribbon that I tied to my wrist... Its Dae-mi’s actually....

 

“Hey.” I squatted in front of Mrs. Kim’s granddaughter. “You want this?” I looked into her eyes.

 

“Dae-han, you don’t have to give it to her if you don’t want to. It’s Dae-mi’s right?” I just smiled at her sentences.

 

I would give it to her...because I was sure Dae-mi would be pleased to hear it someday...

 

“Gwenchana, Mrs. Kim.” I untied the ribbon and put it into Mrs. Kim granddaughter little hand. “Take this and make sure you’ll always wear it, ne?”

 

“Ne! Thank you, uncle~” I completely felt happy when saw her smiles...

 

Dae-mi...please wait for me...

 

=======================================

 

The distance from Daegu to Mokpo was around 232.44 km. It did take about 5 hours before I finally arrived in Mokpo. I went to land office in order to find a house for sale. Thankfully, I’d got a house within several hours been there.

 

In the journey to my new house, I could see the sea and also the setting sun appeared like a burning disc. A flock of birds were flying all over which was picturesque scenery to be seen.

 

“Mr. Yoon. Here we go. That is your house.” The driver said to me while pointing for a small house in a comfortable neighborhood.

 

“Ah yes. Thank you so much.” I quickly went closer to the house and opened the door. This house was far better than my house before. And this house did make my savings decreased in just a blink of eye.

 

Never mind...It’s okay, Dae-han....

 

As all my things from Daegu did already been put down to the ground, I started to lift it one by one with my own as I didn’t have enough money to hired person to help me with these things.

 

Moreover, it’s not that much after all....

 

Then, I heard sounds of something rolled towards here. Something like skateboards? I quickly glanced to a boy figure which approaches me with his skateboard.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, ajeossi~ May I help you with these things?” I nodded. I lied just now. I really needed help actually.

 

“Thank you. I’m actually just moved here. By the way, what’s your name, young man?” I can’t stop to look at him. He was such a nice guy. And he seemed to be in the same age as Dae-mi.

 

“My name? Ajeossi can call me Junhong. I’m Choi Junhong. Nice to meet you, ajeossi~”

 

#Feel free to comment for this chapter~ :)