Eight

Eyes In The Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Ryeowook is not your false guardian anymore." She said to me with a pitiful look. "I'm so sorry."

I couldn't think of anything. Words left me in an instant. How can this be? Ryeowook? Why?

Tears started to form on the corners of my eyes, staring at Seohyun's to convince myself that it was a lie.

"W-What? You're lying!" I chose not to buy her story. I stood up and stomped my feet to my bed room. She followed and spoke.

"I'm so sorry, Kyuhyun-ssi but I do not lie. I cannot lie. I never lied. I will not lie! Once a false guardian helped their human, opposing their real purpose, they are forced to leave their hosts!" She raised her voice a bit and I looked back at her. I couldn't believe what I just heard. Does this mean that I won't see Ryeowook again? But we just figured out we love each other! Why...? Ryeowook please come back... Was I a bad host? Did I hurt myself not enough? I'm so sorry if I loved you. I'm so sorry that you fell for me... I'm so sorry that I had second thoughts of staying here when Changmin called me that time and I am so sorry that you have to prevent me from going... And now I lost you. I'm so sorry... Come back, Ryeowook...

I didn't realize that I was crying and staring at the nothingness for some time now and my guardian angel had to snap me out.

"I'm so sorry..." She patted my back. "He'll find a way. I know he will."

I calmed down a bit after her words. She sounds so sure, so calming, so assured. I believed her in an instant. And I believe that Ryeowook loves me. I'll meet him again.

"But where is he?" I asked what I wanted to know for a long time now and stared at the colours of her eyes.

"Out there... Fighting them." She answered with a faint smile and guided me to sit on my bed.

"Fighting who?" I am a little calmed down now from my sudden tears and faced the bright side of the story. I will forever keep in mind that Ryeowook cared for me so much that he had to face these consequences.

"The others of his kind." Seohyun replied. "He knows this will happen. That's why he asked you not to leave this house because my ability to protect you is stronger when you're away from other people. Many presence of false guardians and guardian angels limits our powers to lessen more chaos. Too much of our protection can lead a mortal into unmovable, invincible. And since you don't have any false guardian this time around, my power is stronger than any other angels near you."

I had many more questions in my head but I don't know where to start. And Ryeowook's name never left my mind. Is he okay? Not hurt? Or getting punished by what I've brought?

Seohyun closed her eyes and put a finger to my forehead, as if she's trying to read my mind.

"Ryeowook is fine. But he's exhausted. He's turning so hungry from the lost of his host." She opened her eyes again, put her hand down and smiled at me. Ryeowook is fine? Thank god...

"Thank you." I returned a smile. "But can I ask for more explanations? Why do those other false guardians want me?"

She took a deep sigh and stared at my orbs. Not waiting anymore second to pass, she answered my question.

"Once their humans die, they have to wait for them to be reborn to feed on human's soul. They are like parasites. False guardians do not want your soul out from your body. They need you as a whole. They feed on you, on your fears, on your screams. All they want is control over your body to do evil things. And once the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter