Six

Eyes In The Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My eyes are still closed, my senses are awake but my body remains unmoved. I don't want to get out from bed. It's been mere five minutes of me gathering my thoughts out like this. I didn't hear Ryeowook's voice last night. I wasn't woken up by anything. Not a whisper. No eyes of his stared at me. It was a different feeling. It was somehow weird when I can't feel new bruise and wounds on my body. It was incomplete without Ryeowook's presence.

My thoughts are taking me into something deeper, but I froze all throughout when I felt a pair of lips—cold lips touches my own. It was more of a peck, but I know who the owner of those lips is.

"Ryeowook!" I opened my eyes ever so quick and sat up on the bed. I had a glimpse of his face but he immediately disappeared on the thin air.

"Ryeowookah!" I literally screamed his name, reaching out for him even though I can't see him anymore. Why? Where is he going? Where had he been? There were so many questions appeared in my head.

I sat there, speechless. I don't know what I should do. Ryeowook just kissed me and disappeared, replaying his really faint smile on his face... I don't know how to react. I don't know if I should be happy that he kissed me or if I should be sad since he disappeared like something is so wrong and he won't tell me. I remained dozing off to nowhere, thinking about Ryeowook while my fingers touched the parts where his lips wandered.

I have so many things to ask but was he the one who opened the lights last night? Why? Why didn't he stay with me? Who was that shadow I saw last night? Why turn on the lights when Ryeowook hates them?

My thoughts ate so much time yet it seemed to pass so slowly. I have nothing to do and Ryeowook haven't announced if I can go out the house.

Changmin called me today too, about visiting Jae. My co-workers were worried about me and asked if I was sick. I lied to them, faking coughs and sniffs and told them I have flu. I died with boredom, worrying and confusion. I was eaten by concern towards my false guardian. I am crept out too when I turned off the lights when I was supposed to sleep and it turned back on like before. I could hear the locking sound of the door before I realize I forgot to lock them. But I am alone in this apartment. Who did all those? Ryeowook? No... Yes? I don't know... But all I know is that no matter how crept out I am, I still manage to fall asleep.

 

 

I was awakened by a phone call. It was Changmin again.

"Hey..." I asked sleepily, rubbed my eyes and sat slowly on the bed.

"I've heard you're not going to work. Are you sick? Want me to take you to the hospital or bring out some medicine?" He asked with full concern. But I can tell something is off with him. He's been like these for the past few days. He's always calling me and telling me if I can go to his house, visit Jaejoong, or hang out. Maybe he wants to forget about that horror Ailee brought? Maybe...

"Umm... Yeah... I caught flu. And maybe I won't be going to work for a while." I turned him down. I've been waiting for Ryeowook for five days now--getting used to the paranormal happenings in the house--and I really want to go outside, maybe look for him, or maybe go see Ailee or Jae. I'm feeling weird about Changmin's actions so I want to distance myself from him. I am curious about what happened to Ailee. Is Yesung still controlling her? I want to know. "And I'm good... You don't have to visit me or take me to a hospital."

I faked a cough.

"Are you sure? I won't mind if I go there." He asked again.

"Yes, I am sure. Have a good day!" I ended the call. Then I lay back on the bed, not feeling like eating anything. I'm running out of food in my fridge too. I can't be absent to work as well.

I started to question myself.

Why did I follow his words? Even if I don't know the reason why?

Maybe if I go outside and disobey him...he'll come again and see me.

 

 

****

 

"Kyuhyun! Glad your flu is gone!" I witnessed Jaejoong on the hospital bed, with dextrose connected to him. His face was pale and bandages were covering one of his eye. He had wounds with medicine applied with brownish colour covering the area. He had bruises too but he looks all better with a smile on his face.

"Umm... Yeah... How are you feeling?" I sat on the side of his bed.

"Better." He smiled.

"You know, Changmin called me many times just to come here. He's so worried about you. But when I refuse going here with him he makes me sympathize him about coming here alone." I looked at him and witnessed the change of his expression.

"What do you mean? Changmin never visited me here ever since." His one eye brow rose. "And I've heard that he had a broken leg from Ailee's kick..."

What?

"Don't leave this house until I say so..." Ryeowook's words flashed back inside my head. Was it really wrong to go out without him knowing? Is Changmin's behaviour connected with Ryeowook's disappearance and to the happenings inside my apartment? Every night when I try to turn off the lights, it will open again and I will feel so tired with my body feeling so heavy. And I feel like someone is watching me. Are these all connected?

"Hello? Earth to Kyuhyun?" I realized that my friend was waving his hand near my face.

"Oh... Sorry..." I chuckled nervously and scratched my nape. "Umm... I have to go to work now, Jae. Take care, alright."

I stood up and gave him a pat on the shoulder. He was still looking confused about what I told about Changmin. I don't know too. Why would he persuade me to visit him when he doesn't visit him himself? And a broken leg? How the heck can he go to my house if he had a broken leg? Are they playing games on me?

"You too, Kyuhyun. Take a rest. You might be stressed with your work and you might be still sick." He gave me a bright grin and bid farewell.

I have enough rest. Five days for the matter of fact. And I think I might solve these by disobeying Ryeowook for the first time of my life.

 

 

"Cho Kyuhyun you finally decided to show up to work!" My manager gave me a sarcastic tone. He put large pile of papers on my desk and sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter