Two

Eyes In The Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I woke up with jolts of pain flashed to my body. I am in the kitchen, lying down on the floor with dried blood beneath me. It was mine. My blood that I caused last night. I dirtied my favourite sweater with my blood...again. Oh well. And I guess I have to buy me a new pair of sweatpants too.

It's daytime so he wouldn't be around. Not around my sight. But I know he's hiding somewhere. Somewhere dark and gloomy part in this apartment.

I went to the bathroom like I usually do every morning. I walked towards my destination with lots of pain rushing throughout my whole body, especially to my thighs I kept on stabbing last night. It hurts so badly. But at least I made him satisfied. After seeing his eyes show up as if he was smiling while I hurt myself, is probably the best thing I have ever seen.

I stared at my image at the mirror, eyeing my hair, eyes, clothes and new wounds. I held the hem of my sweater and started shoving it up, removing it from my skin. Bruises from my last punishment and wounds from the latest one showed up and greeted me. My body—without a hint of boast—is well built. And adding up the 'work of art' I did last night put the final touch to it.

 

"Masterpiece..."

 

What?

I shifted my eyes off of my wounds and looked at the person behind me at the mirror. There! I saw the eyes I desired on seeing every night. My reflex and instincts told me that I should look behind to see him after just a second of witnessing his reflection.

"Are you there?"

Gone.

What a shame... I should've stared at his reflection instead... That's odd. He never talked to me during day time. He never let himself be seen too. Not until night. Is this something I should worry about?

 

"Hey Kyuhyun its me! Let's go to a pool party tonight at Jaejoong's! It would be fun!" I heard Changmin's voicemail while I just finished my shower. Pool party? No, I can't go. Not with these wounds and bruises. Not that I'm ashamed of it too. I just don't like other people seeing my body. I always wear long sleeves and pants so that I would keep my skin private. I don't know my own reasons too besides on hiding the work of art I do on my body almost every night.

I'll pass with the invitation this time. Like always.

I put on my decent clothes, off to go to work. I am just a simple employee working at a news paper company. An editor to be exact. I grabbed my car keys after preparing myself and headed to work.

I arrived not longer than half an hour. But what had surprised me is that my co-workers are not working. They are grouped at a certain area, like they are watching a fight.

"What's going on?" I asked my officemate, Amber.

"Ailee's been crying hard core. We don't know why but she looked so scared and terrified." She shrugged her shoulders still, with a worried face.

I took a glimpse of the crying co-worker of mine. Her eyes are red and swollen, like she's been crying for hours now. Her face looked so pale and some said her hands felt so cold.

"What's wrong?" I asked with concern. Holding her shaking hands, I stared at her pleading eyes, as if she wanted my salvation.

"I-I can s-see t-them..." She whispered to me with her eyes widening, full of fear, desperation, and blank.

"Who?" I nervously asked. I have no idea what she's talking about. But on the deeper part of my brain tell me that I really do understand what Ailee says.

"...The things that aren't meant to be seen..." She answered me, her voice gone low and almost inaudible. Her whispers are getting hard to hear. Thankfully, I still can.

"W-What things? I can't understand you..." I became worried more. Ailee's not the person who'll get scared easily. She's not the type who'll pull a joke like this one too. This got to be a very serious matter.

"R-Red eyes... P-Pointy teeth... P-Pail s-s-skin... H-Horrible... They are horrible!" She covered her eyes while shaking her head so bad, sobbing loudly as she prayed for them to stop. But who? What does she see?

"Stop! Ailee, stop!" I hugged her tightly and shoved her hair. I still don't get her but I don't want to see anyone in this state.

"It whispers things to me at night... Bad things... Horrible things, Kyuhyun. Sometimes it will come out under my bed... S-Sometimes I-I will w-wake... I will wake up s-seeing it n-near m-my face... I-If i-it see m-me looking at it, it will hurt me... I am scared..." She continued sobbing, wetting my shirt. But I don't care.

Whispers things at night? Red eyes?

"Does i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter