Nightmare

It's because of you... I fell in love

Jiyeon 

Today was a half-day. We were to go home due to the seniors having national exams. I went home and placed my bag beside my bed and switched on the fan. I slumped on my bed, closing my eyes. The darkness filled me. I saw light at the end of where I was standing. I went into the light and saw my five-year-old self in the orphanage. I was alone, playing with a toy and crying at the same time. My parents gave me away to an orphanage. My mum thought that one child was enough. I remembered having an older brother. Actually, we were twins but he was born earlier. I didn't know at that time. The reasons why I'm in an orphanage. I was basically in the orphanage since I was a baby. I sat beside my younger self and patted her head, tied her hair to a ponytail. She looked up and saw me. Tears welled up and I started crying, hugging her.  

"You're worthless." 

I heard those words and stood up. I walked out of the room and saw a woman, a man and a boy.  
 

"Mum...Dad...Oppa...Wait for me!" 

I was running to them. They were far away from me. No matter how much I ran, the distance was the same. I stopped running. I saw the woman, holding the boy's hand and the man did the same and they started walking further into the darkness. 
 

"Don't go... Don't go! Don't leave me... Please... Don't leave me!" 

I fell from the bed. I opened my eyes and rubbed my head as I got up. I looked at the mirror and saw my reflection. I was sweating all over and my eyes were sore and red. I wiped my tears and went to shower. After showering, I went to study. I was never a strong person. I had a weak personality. I was scared, alone. I moved out of the orphanage and the orphanage gave me money which was what my mum left me with. I used it to buy myself a small house at the very end of the street, registered to a high school and bought my uniform. I work of course. I work at book store around where I live. I lived a simple life but what I always wondered how my older brother is.  In school, there's this guy who I thought would be my brother but I always dismiss my thoughts whenever I see him. I wanted to know who my brother was and how he was. I sighed with the thought. That won't happen at all. Oh and also, why must my partner be my nightmare too? I had enough nightmares already. I know what he's trying to do. He's trying to make me transfer. I mean, hello? The cycle of transfer. One of the paths is clearly when someone keeps bullying and doesn't stop. Then, you feel depressed until you can't take it. That's when the victim transfers and the bully gets happy. I don't want him to win at all. I'll just have to beat fire with fire. Not real fire, just gonna make it even. 

 

Hyungseok 

I lied down on my bed and looked up, staring at the ceiling. 

She had the same dark brown eyes as mum. It was never the normal dark brown. It had a glint of  lightness inside. That was how special my mum's eyes were. Especially when she smiles. I've never seen Jiyeon smile yet. 

I sat up and covered my face. I still can't get over it. The fact that my parents passed on in a car accident last year when they were coming back from holiday. It was all a nightmare. I opened my drawer and took out my notebook and saw an envelope. It has my name o it. I took it and looked at it. Mum's handwriting. The envelope had a date on it. The day when they were about to go on the holiday. I didn't want to open it.  

No... I have to accept it. I wanted to accept it but I can't but I have to. I have to accept that my parents are gone. 

So, I opened it anyways. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! My new year's gift is this chapter yayyyyy 

I hope you like it. Next chapter coming up!