The Unfinished Letter

It's because of you... I fell in love

Hyungseok 

I opened the envelope and surveyed it. At the end of the paper, the ink was smudged, leaving a blue patch on the paper. I started reading. 

Hyungseok ah. It's mum. I know you're growing up and all but I made a very big mistake. When you were born, you had a twin sister. I know what you're thinking now. You're older. You always tell me that you wanted a younger sister to look after and whenever you say that, I always regret what I did. Your younger sister, when she was about 2, I placed her in an orphanage because I wasn't able to afford much to support the both of you because Dad's business was struggling at that point. I'm so sorry. I'm a bad mother.  

I started crying. 

If you want, bring her home. I remember giving her a bit of my savings to support her when she grows older. I placed her in a nearby orphanage. Go there and take her back. I told the ead of the orphanage that if you go there, you can bring her without doing adoption. Tell the head of orphanage that her name is 

Then I see the blue patch. 

Her name. WHAT'S HER NAME?! 

My hands were crumpling the sides of the letter. I threw the letter in the dustbin and started punching the wall.  

"Why didn't you tell me earlier?! Why did you do that?"  

I broke down, crying. I couldn't stop. By then, it was the next day. My eyes were red. My voice sounded weird after all that screaming. I couldn't go to school so that's what I did. All I was thinking was the cruel thing my mum did. I cried just thinking about it. My sister... Why is she even going through this? I hugged my pillow as the question filled my head, remained unanswered. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As promised, another chapter. Happy reading!