One Girl Is Always The Exception

3.6.5

=Nami’s POV=

 

I sat on my bed, staring at my laptop screen. I was watching Sehun’s dancing video. Sometimes I Had my mouth hanging open, just like the girls did when they saw Kris. Sometimes I hissed in astonishment. I wonder, why were the girls crazy of Kris? I think, Sehun was definitely better. Good at dancing, funny, cute, understanding, honest, always be himself. Why was there no girl crazy of him?

Tonight, I laid my body and thought hard to find the answer, Handsome? Sehun was handsome. Tall? Oh, he was about 15 centimeters taller than me. But he was too skinny. Is it possible that the girls also counted the boy’s weight they adored? Because I didn’t. Cool? Well, It’s impossible for Sehun to act cooly like Kris usually did. His baby behavior had been brought since he was born.

What was minus point of Sehun? Yeah, he was not as good as Kris at playing basketball. But he could dance really well! And he was never arrogant. Unlike Kris, always showed his ability in front of the girls. I twitched. Right! It was because Sehun had never showed his dance skill to the girls. They just hadn’t seen Sehun’s charm yet.

I wanted Sehun to be another prince at school. As a friend, I always supported him whatever it mattered. I wanted people to know that Sehun also had a talent. Sehun kept his talent a secret. But I still could see his passion and talent that were so big. I knew Sehun couldn’t bear it because he always sent me his dancing video and asked my critic and advice. I often gave him rude critic, then an advice that helped him to get better. Now, I’m looking for the way to the girls see Sehun’s charm.

"Nami, we are one team. It's gonna be fun!" said Kyungsoo, my classmate who sat in front of me. He's a smart kid, good, and fun to talk to. I and Sehun always cheated him during examination.

I took off my headset. "Huh? What team?"

"The art show committee. We are in Documentation Team,” he explained.

"You mean, we are committee? I’m the art show committee, like that? " I couldn’t believe it.

"Yeah, Nami. Just look at the wall magazine. "

I immediately rushed to the wall magazine. I read the 2014 Art Show Committee Name List tacked on there. I found my name in the Documentation Team with Kyungsoo and others. Seriously. Among thousands of students in this school, why should I? Other committees whose names are written there were kids who are active in various activities. While I did not even care about those trash activities.

"Nami!" Someone poked my shoulder. I looked back.

"Luhan! Are you the one who inserts my name to the committee? "

"Yes. So what?" Luhan asked confused. Luhan was chairman of the art show this year. So, he got the right to choose s.

"Thank you! You are the best. I will work hard for our art show this year. Fighting!" I said happily. I went back to my class.

 

=Luhan 's POV=

 

"Thank you! You are the best. I will work hard for our art show this year. Fighting!" she said, and left.

I was surprised to see it. Her face beamed. She looked so happy. She probably did not expect to be one of the committees. I did not carelessly put her name to the Documentation Team, though. I have known her ability in photographic since the beginning of high school. In the past, I liked Nami at first sight. I liked her style that was relaxed and calm. I searched for information about her. That was when I knew that she liked to take pictures and the results also have artistic value that was high enough for a high school student. However, after a few weeks noticed Nami, I realized that she was not as relaxed and calm as I saw the first time. She always scolded anyone who she thought didn’t like her existence. We slowly got close because we just knew that we were cousins. So, I chose to be a good cousin to Nami.

 

=Sehun 's POV=

 

"Sehun-ah," Nami called.

I turned to the right. "Hm?" I sipped my vanilla milk through a straw .

"Not much longer, there will be an art show in our school, you know it, right?"

"And then?"

"You must want to perform there, mustn’t you? You’ll dance."

I choked on my milk. I coughed a little. "What? You mean, I’ll do a solo dance?" Nami talked nonsense. This girl, really.

She nodded . "You must be really cool if you do. You want to, right?”

"No. I can not," I said quickly .

"Why?" she asked with a look of disappointment . I couldn’t see her face like that even if just once.

"Well...," I paused for a moment, thinking of the right words to say. "What for, anyway? It will just ashame me."

"Make it a shame? What was a disgrace?" She asked in a tone of frustration. I did not answer. "Come on. I know you can. Why? Shame? Lack of confident?"

"It’s not like that," I said. "I’ll think about it, then."

"Hmmm... okay. Don’t take much time to think!" she said, snatching my milk from my hand. She drank it until nothing left. She always did it.

 

=Kris' POV=

 

The first art show committee meeting would begin. Luhan sat in the front seat facing the members and I sat next to him. The Student Council members were also being  the art show committees. Luhan prepared to chair the meeting. I could see Nami sitting on a member seat in the front row with a bored face. Her face was adorable sometimes.

Meeting conducted sequentially according to today’s topis. Starting from determining when art show will be held, what the theme this time, what will be performed, the artist who will be invited. Those were the topics for today's meeting. We decided to hold the art show 3 months later. It took a long time to prepare for this event carefully. When determining a theme, I proposed. I proposed the theme is 3.6.5. 3.6.5 was the number of days in a year. Within 365 days, we would have to study and work hard to reach our dreams. So, this art show would be held to pay our sweat with interesting art performances. Everyone accepted my suggestion. As usual, except one.

Nami raised her hand. Luhan invited her to speak. " 3.6.5? Its meaning is not really clear."

Luhan frowned. "What’s not clear for you?" he asked.

"What if in a year, there are people who don’t do anything? Should they be not watching because they have no sweat to be paid?” she protested.

I smirked. I knew she was talking about herself. "Of course, they should be. Who knows after watching our art show, they got something to do. They could have been inspired from the performer. That's better."

"Yes. I think, it really fits the theme for our event. People must also respect our show," Luhan said.

"I got it. Do what you think is good," said Nami to Luhan.

"1-0, Nami," I muttered. I laughed and shook my head.

 

=Nami 's POV=

 

It was true what Luhan said. But, couldn’t he stand up for me this time? What kind of cousin was that? Well, actually Luhan has often defended me when I was in trouble at school. However, I felt that it was Luhan’s obligation to defend me.

I snorted when Luhan ended our debate. My spirit to meeting had been gone. I prop my head with my left hand. I doodled without listening Luhan clearly. I immediately came out of the meeting room after Luhan closed the meeting. I went to the cafeteria to meet Sehun.

"What happened?" asked Sehun. Maybe he was surprised to see me devour my hamburger endlessly .

"I'm hungry. Can’t you see?” I fed the hamburger to my mouth again. I knew that was not the answer he wanted to hear. But, in fact, I was really hungry.

Sehun was about to drink his strawberry milk when I, as usual, snatched it. “Now, tell me what happened before I hate drinking milk because you always take it away."

"The theme of our art show is 3.6.5. A very tacky idea from the bucktoothed one."

" The bucktoothed? Who is it?"

"Kris. Who else besides him is bucktoothed."

Sehun laughed. “Eventhough he is bucktoothed, the girls still like him."

"Hah. Only the stupid girl who likes him," I said furious.

Sehun took his milk from my hand and his milk. "I don’t think so. You remember Hyeri, best student last year, she also likes Kris."

"If so, Hyeri is not as good as people think.”

"Ah, I see. You're the only good, aren’t you?" while pinching my cheeks.

I grinned. I pinched Sehun’s cheeks. "Good dog." Sehun scowled. I laughed.

 

 


 

Hi! Chapter 2. I'm sorry for another boring chapter. I'm trying, friends!>.< Also, sorry for too many POV changing. I tried to make it real.

 

How was it? Leave comment and subscribe, people~!

 

Love you,

 

Safira