Committee Camp

3.6.5

=Nami 's POV=

"Nami," Sehun called. I turned to the left. "I've decided.”

"What is that about?" I frowned.

"I will perform later in the school art show, " he said with a serious face.

My eyes widened. "Really?"

He nodded. I hugged his right arm. "I’s so glad. Here you are, my professional dancer." He ruffled my hair. I raised my head. "You have to prepare your performance from now. Understand?"

"Actually I've prepared from yesterday," Sehun chuckled.

"Tricky! Why didn’t tell me yesterday?" I pouted.

"Surprise." He grinned.

“I’m not surprised, though.”

"Let's go to canteen," he invited.

"I'm not hungry. Would you like to eat?"

"Yes. I have not had breakfast."

"Your bad habit. I warned you." I smacked his forehead. Sehun really liked to skip his breakfast. It would make him sick. I’ve told him but he still didn’t matter. Naughty boy.

"Ah!” He rubbed his forehead. “It hurts!”

“It will hurt more if you keep skipping your breakfast.”

“I know. Sorry. Let's go."

We went to the canteen. Sehun bought fried rice. I bought potato chips only. We sat in front of the chicken noodle seller. Chicken noodle ahjussi didn’t mind us sitting there even though we did not buy his chicken noodle. So humble.

"Nami, what the hell are you doing here?" Luhan asked angrily. Suddenly came, suddenly yelled.

I looked at him confused. "Why the hell are you yelling at me?"

"We should have a meeting now. Did you forget?" Luhan annoyed face just looked worse.

I jumped from my seat. ". I forgot. I 'm sorry, Luhan." I turned to Sehun. "I have to go. Are you okay being alone here?"

"No problem. Just leave."

I whispered in his ears. “Beware, Oh Sehun. It’s a wild world, baby.”

“Ya!!” he shouted.

I laughed and rushed to the meeting room before Luhan’s face getting worse. I entered the room, panting. I sat down and found Kris was glaring at me. I caught my breath. I was almost out of breath and too tired to care about Kris glare.

Luhan entered the meeting room. His face already looked better than before. He stood in front of his desk and began the meeting. He said he wanted to say something before he actually started the meeting.

"We have a new member in the Decor Team. Please welcome, Han Nara."

My eyes widened. Nara? That weak kid? How could she be a member of Decor Team? Ah, it must be very hard for her. The Decor Team was a team whose job is to make the stage decorations as beautiful as possible and it would be tiring. She might faint or what.

Nara stood up and said hi to the people there. I turned my head to see my sister when she was sitting back right behind me. Oh. So, Kris glared at me because I was blocking the beautiful scenery behind me? He might have really fallen for my sister. Funny. Well, rumor had spread among students that Kris and Nara would make a great couple. They said that Kris had been dating Nara since the first she entered our school. I did not know whether it was true or not. Hmm, I did not exactly care.

"So, once again I inform you, we will invite Sabrina. PR Team has already contacted there and they agreed with our offer. It’s fixed, our artist for this year is Sabrina," Luhan said. Everyone nodded.

"One more announcement for you," he continued. "All committees have to stay one night at the school on Saturday."

The room was suddenly boisterous. Most of the girls disagree. Nara didn’t agree because she could not be away from mom. I could not agree more because I was so tired of sleeping in my apartment.

Well, I and Nara lived separately. Nara lived with mom. Mom remarried to a man who was now a stepfather Nara last year. My father died 8 years ago due to an illness. My mother just found out my father's illness one day before my father died. I kept on blaming my mother for my father's sudden death. Since then, I became a rebel. I was getting more angry when she said she would marry again. I was strongly opposed to my mother's crazy decision. My sister even supported her. I ran away from home and stayed in the apartment. I worked as a maid at a cafe to pay for my school and apartment. Thankfully, my boss was so kind. She let me take day off whenever I want. It was also because my work was agile so that I became The Best Maid this month. Not an achievement to be proud of, anyway.

"Alright!" shouted Luhan. "Everyone, chill out. Let's vote."

Voting was done. The result was 48 people agree, 45 disagree.

"Yeah!" Luhan smiled triumphantly. I clapped for his victory. The boys cheered excitedly. The girls moaned in surrender.

 

***

 

"Luhan, I'm curious, why are you putting Nara in Decor Team? We both know that she’s weak child," I asked Luhan when everyone had left the meeting room.

"Hmm.. You should know. She forced me to insert herself into the Decor Team. I couldn’t refuse." He shrugged.

"Why not? You could just say that the team has been full, or anything."

"It was not that easy. She asked me in front of Decor Team and Security Team. How could I refuse if everyone looked so excited?"

I sighed. "Why would she want to be a member of Decor Team? From what I know, she doesn’t like being tired."

"I don’t know, either. But, I assume that she just wants to always be around Kris."

"Kris? Why him?" I asked.

"Nara likes Kris. You know that, right?"

"Yeah. They are dating, aren’t they?"

"Ah, Nami-ya, you believe the rumor too much. They’re not dating."

"I don’t really believe. Even if it is true , it doesn’t matter. I think, they are a great couple."

"Hmmm," he mumbled. "You’re not going back to class?" Luhan asked, about to stand up.

"No, I want to stay here."

"All right. I’m leaving." He stepped out of the meeting room. I stayed in my seat and plugged earbuds in my ears. I played a song from my phone. I prefer the ballads than happy song. For some reason.

 

*​**

 

"Thanks a lot, Sehunnie, has led me here," I said sincerely. This Saturday, Sehun took me to school after a little help at the cafe. My boss didn’t seem to be going in a good mood so it was difficult to ask for day off on today and tomorrow. Sehun helped persuaded the boss with fake praise. He surprisingly succeeded. The boss gave me day off for today only. Tomorrow, I had to get back to work. I guessed it was okay because I thought the camp wouldn’t be until tomorrow night.

"My pleasure. Have fun! I'm leaving." Sehun waved his hand and got into the car.

"Be careful," I yelled, waving my hand.

After making sure that the car had been out of my sight, I looked at the dark sky. I walked through hallways while enjoying the school view at night. I hadn’t seen the school at night because I had to work. Green grasses on football field looked beautiful, reflecting the moonlight. I took a deep breath. It was completely fresh. I wanted to run down there but I had to go to class X-6 soon. X-1, X-2, X-3, X-4, X-5 and X-6 were used as temporary sleeping room. I circled the basketball court before I went to X-6. I arrived at X-6 and the door was opened. I went and saw my roommate. Not bad. There, Krystal was lying on a mattress on the floor  I sat next to her. I leaned to the wall, resting my body.

"Hello, Han Nami," she said warmly.

"Hi," I replied briefly without seeing her face.

Just a few minutes I rested, I walked to the meeting room after Yuri shouted to the whole room that they needed to hold a meeting now. Yuri was the secretary of the committee. She was tomboy. All the girls were afraid of her. But, she was a good friend of mine. Good senior, precisely, because Yuri was a 12 grader.

 

=Luhan 's POV=

 

After making sure all the committee had been in the meeting room, I started the meeting. I told them the purpose of the Committee Camp that previously I kept as secret.

"Committee Camp was held to strengthen the relationship between the committees. There may be committees who don’t know each other, now is the time to get acquainted. There may be committees who hate each other  now is the time to fix your relationship." I glanced at Kris. He nodded. Kris told me to say it. He said he wanted to fix his relationship with Nami at this Committee Camp. I really supported him because I knew he had liked Nami since the beginning of high school. Kris was my classmate. He often asked me about Nami because he knew we were cousins. He knew I liked Nami too at the beginning of high school. We had a bet to get Nami, but I gave up because I and Nami were cousins.

"Tonight, let's have fun~!" I cheered. The others cheered and clapped happily.

 

***

 

All committees sat in a circle on the basketball court. In the center, there was an empty bottle. We were going to play Truth or Dare. The bottle cap determined who will choose truth or dare.

"Let me spin the bottle," Nami said, standing next to me.

"No!" I prevented, accidentally yelling at her. Bottle spinner wouldn’t join the game. Nami was a main player in this game. How could she get out of the game?

"Why?!" She said, shouting.

"Just no! Take your seat," I said.

She mumbled incoherently before taking a seat next to Kyungsoo.

"Are you ready, guys?” I asked.

"Ready!!!" they shouted.

"I'm going to spin the bottle now." I started to spin the bottle. The bottle was spinning at a constant speed for a few seconds. Then, the speed was reduced and stopped  pointing at someone.

 

 


 

Hello~~~

Do you know who Sabrina is? She is a Filipino singer. Also known as Sabrina Orial. What I like from her is that she is an acoustic cover singer. Her voice is so soft. Well, I like acoustic music. And talk about Filipino, there's a Filipino band named MYMP (Make Your Momma Proud). I like their songs so much. I often listen to them. One of my favorites is Especially For You.

Hmm.. How do you think about this chapter?

Comment, vote, and subscribe!

 

Love you,

 

Safira