Not A Nightmare

3.6.5

=Nami’s POV= 

 

I changed my maid uniform into dark blue sweater and jeans. I let down my hair that was tied up in two. I hated my maid appearance. It made me look cute with the uniform and hairstyle. I made a ponytail, the most comfortable hairstyle I could ever have. I gathered all my things and went outside to find Sehun. Sehun just got back from academy and promised me to go home together. We walked to the bus station and took the same route because his house was near my apartment.

"How is the camp?" Sehun asked in the bus.

"Boring," I answered, throwing gaze to the street lights outside. It was not boring at all actually. I could still remember clearly that moment when the masked man scared me out and Kris was there helping me.

"What did you get?" "Nothing. It was just a ridiculous idea from Luhan to create such a useless committee camp." I looked at Sehun, chuckling. His eyes widened caused by something I didn't know. "Why?"

"What's up with that?" He motioned the scar on my left cheek. He tried to touch it so I instantly hit his hand. He retrieved his hand back, waiting for me to explain.

"Something happened yesterday," I said, not eager to explain more.

"What was that?" He examined, wanting me to tell more.

"Just a little accident. Not something to worry about."

"I know it's not just a little accident. Someone must have done it purposely. Tell me more!" I would kill him for his curiousity if he was not my bestfriend. I thought for a while and decided to tell him the whole incident. His mouth was hanging open at the end of story. I knew how he would react.

"Close your mouth." I hissed and lifted his jaw.

"Who's that man? Why on earrh would he be hurting you? Was there anything to do with your mother?"

"I don't know either," I shrugged.

Sehun nodded and looked forward. He seemed to be having many things that he kept only in his mind because we kept silent until the bus stopped in the main road we were going to stop at.

 

***

 

Today, I had to come late because I overslept. The alarm voice was really annoying so I turned it off and slept again. When I woke up, time showed that I had ten minutes only to prepare myself for school. I got a morning scold from Mr. Jang right when I entered the class. I kind of used to hear it from him since he scolded me the same way each time I came late.

I went to canteen alone because Sehun had an assignment he had to do. It was an English assignment which I was supposed to do it too but I was too lazy. I didn’t want Sehun to be a bad boy so I asked him to do his assignment, eventhough he would do it without me asking him to. He would just skip the class if I asked him to. But now I thought that I was wrong to turn Sehun to my bad way. I would skip the class alone in the future.

I ate a bowl of chicken noodle that could never failed to throw my hunger away. I was eating my last noodle when Luhan came and sat opposite me.

“I have something to ask,” he said.

“What?” I drank my mineral water.

“What has happened between you and Kris that Saturday night?”

I choked on my water hearing that question from Luhan. “What do you mean?”

“Just want to know. Because he often daydreamed since then. Oh! And what happened with your cheek?”

“A little accident.” I faked a smile. He nodded and suddenly Kris came up. I looked anywhere but at Kris. I really didn’t know how I should act to him since he saw me sobbing like a little girl that night. No boys had ever seen me crying, actually. And I hated the fact that Kris was the first.

“Kris, wait me here. I’m going to buy snacks,” said Luhan, patting Kris’ back and leaving us in silence.

I was pretty shocked when Kris took the seat opposite me and said, “You didn’t treat that.”

I knew that he was talking about my wound on cheek. What I didn’t know was, “Why the hell do you even care?”

He let out a sigh. “I know this is probably crazy. But, will you give me a chance to be by your side?”

My eyes and mouth rounded in shock. “W-w-what? I don’t get it.” I shook my head.

“Come on, I know that you get it.” He put his arms on the table and locked his fingers together.

I had never been in this kind of situation. His question was really weird and a little annoying. I left him there alone after frowning while saying, “It’s not funny.”

 

=Kris’ POV=

 

“I’m not joking,” I whispered as she was out of my sight. I ruffled my hair and pulled it out to relieve my stress. It was really depressing. Did I take the wrong step? Did I take the right step in the wrong timing?

I had thought about taking steps towards her since this morning when I woke up. I dreamt about her last night. The sight of sobbing Nami played perfectly in my dream. I recalled her body was trembling so hard. I recalled her fearful face. And I recalled that I didn’t even know what was happening that night. I knew that I didn’t have the right to know but my curiosity came way too big. I knew that something bad had happened to her that night but still, I didn’t know what it really was. The Nami that I used to notice was like a gangster. She always laughed at people’s sorrow. Her eyes were as sharp as a new knife. was used for shutting the off. Never did once she show a sign that she would cry for anything. That Saturday night sight was definitely suprising me.

I wanted her to know that I was there whenever she needed help. I wanted to protect her from any danger. I didn’t want to hide and watch her from a distance without knowing what actually happened. Because I knew, she was vulnerable inside.

 

=Sehun’s POV=

 

“What?!” My jaw literally dropped when Nami told me that Kris just questioned her a weird thing. Me and Nami knew what that meant but we didn’t get what turned the Prince that way. Kris was well-known cold guy in school. Every girl wanted to be his girl but he had not decided on which girl to date with.

I was no wondering if she noticed Nami because she was a really kind-hearted and beautiful girl. I never told her that but I kept saying it in my mind every night I met her. I didn’t know why but I thought Nami really looked prettier in the night, especially after working hard in the cafe. Her skin would be glowing underneath the moonlight. I was a breath-taking look of hers but I couldn’t avoid the fact that she was a really good sister to me. No matter how many times I told her pretty, she would still be.

“I think he’s drunk or something,” she grumbled. “Because, in this crazy world, there’s no guy wanting to be by my side.” I could hear the sad tone in her voice.

“Me?” I tilted my head in the cutest way.

“You are different. You are my brother. No one can ever replace you.”

“Really? If I’m your brother, will you grant my wish?”

“Sure. What is it?”

I looked deeply in her eyes. “Be with Kris.”

She frowned and yelled, “What are you talking about?”

“Listen. You’re in danger now. You know that. Kris can protect you. He can really do.”

“So can you,” she interrupted.

“No, I can’t,” I lowered my tone.

“Why? You can’t protect me? Your sister? Why?” she yelled again.

“Kris will make a perfect guard for you. Trust me. I ask you to because I don’t want anything bad happens to you.”

“You mean, you don’t want to fight for me?”

“That’s not what I mean,” I said.

“So?” Her brows furrowed.

“My guard is not enough. You need him.”

She hissed. “Do you think he’s better than you? Do you think so?” I kept my mouth locked. I knew that she was going to talk about my lack of confidence again. “Sehun-ah, answer.”

“No. I’m serious. This is not about my confidence or something. It’s about your guard. I want you safe. That’s all.”

She sighed. “Okay. If that’s what you want, I’ll be friend with Kris. It’s all for you.”

I grinned. I pulled her body into my embrace and held her tightly.

 

=Nami’s POV=

 

“Thanks for your hard work!”

I bowed to all maid and the cafe manager before leaving my work place. I wore a black cardigan to cover my t-shirt. I walked outside and looked at my watch. It had been late. 11:50 PM. I wanted to go sleep as soon as I could because my body was going to break into pieces if I didn’t. I was rubbing the back of my neck and squeezing it when my phone rang showing that there was a text message coming.

From: Oh Sehun

Nami~ Are you going home? Get home safely and be careful! Walk fast!

I rolled my eyes. My legs walked faster after I read Sehun’s message. He was over-protective these days. He texted me so much just to check my activity. Although it wouldn’t make myself feel safer, he kept doing it. I, of course, didn’t tell him about my fear but he was just like knowing it well. I was waiting for the bus when I saw a tall figure walking towards me with both hands tucked into pockets. He stood next to me and I could see it clearly that it was Kris.

“What are you doing here?” he asked.

“Why the hell do you want to know?”

“Do you live around here? I live there, in that street.” He pointed at a street next to the cafe I worked at.

“Nope. I’m not asking.” I threw gaze to the street in front of me.

“Just want you to know, if you need anything you can always go there,” he shrugged.

“Then, open your door for your fans. They’ll be glad if you do so.”

The bus I waited for had come. I took a step closer to the bus. People got out of the bus as the door opened. I was about to take another step but my body was freezing in my place when I faced an old couple that I knew. They were my mother and her new husband. I stepped backwards, standing next to Kris, almost hiding behind his back. He stared at me and then the couple but I kept staring at the couple. They held each other hand.

My mother was freezing in her place too. The Earth was like stopping for a while until my mother called my name, “Nami-ya.” Her new husband who was about to step to the right stopped and turned to look at me. He looked more like glaring at me.

“Nami-ya,” my mother called again. She reached for my hand but I was fast enough to flinch. I gripped Kris’ arm and hid behind his back. I was trying hard to control my emotion.

“Nami,” my mother whispered, calling once again. I gripped Kris’ arm harder. I really didn’t want to see her now.

“Sunhee, let’s go. Why are you wasting time on this freak kid?” I heard a man voice. I was a dark voice that I hated to hear. I looked down to my shoes.

“No, Yoojae. I need to talk to my daughter,” my mother said.

“She doesn’t even want to see your face. You call her your daughter? You nuts!” I saw him throwing my mother’s hand in the air harshly.

“Yoojae...” My mother called her new husband with shaky voice.

“It’s up to you! I’m going home now. Follow me or you’ll know what will happen later.”

That man stepped further from me and Kris with my mother trying to catch his steps behind him. I watched them leaving. I let out a long sigh in relief. I took my hand back from Kris’ arm and still looked at the street where my mother and her new husband walked to. Why should I meet them all now?

Kris poked my shoulder and I turned to him. He opened his mouth, about to say something before I said, “Don’t talk now!”

He closed his mouth again and followed me to the coffee shop nearby. I realized that the bus I waited for had left and I lost my energy to get home. I didn’t ask Kris to follow me but he now sat opposite me, sipping his coffee. Why did he always appear in the unexpected moments?

“Kris.” I broke the silence.

“Hm?” “Don’t tell anyone about the night you saw me sobbing,” I said. “And about tonight.”

He seemed thinking a while before saying, Okay. But actually, I wonder what really happened that night. And tonight.”

“I don’t know, either. All I know is someone was trying to do bad things to me. I didn’t know why he did it. And tonight...” I paused. “... she’s my mother. And that man beside her is her new husband.” I explained as much as I could. I really didn’t like the topic about my mother.

“What he did to you thst night? Did he say anything?” Kris asked. He didn’t ask about my mother further as if he knew what I felt about the talk about her.

I moaned. “Why do you talk so much? I thought you’re a cold city guy.”

“Yeah, I am. I have to act cool at school because I am. Now, answer my question.”

“I prefer the cold city guy rather than the talkative one.”

“Are you saying that you like me?”

“You wish,” I hissed.

“Answer me.”

“He just scratched in some places. He said something that I didn’t..”

“That’s not what I mean.” He cut my sentence before I could finish it. I tilted my head, not understanding what he meant. “My question at the canteen.”

I scratched my non-itchy head. “I don’t really understand what it means. But I think it’s good to give you a chance. Sehun asked me to use you as my guard.”

“Sehun did? How dare that kid to say that thing.”

“Ya!! Who do you think you are to be feared?” I lifted my chin up.

He sighed. “Just answer my question clearly,” he said, gazing outside through the window.

I leaned my chin onto my hand. “It’s weird to me. The question you gave me.. I never heard it from anyone before. Like what Sehun said, it’s good to use you as my guard. So, we can be friends now.”

“No way.” He looked at me.

“Why? Oh, you want to be my bodyguard? Yeah, it fits you very well. Your body is like the bodyguard style, do you know that?”

“Let’s be a couple,” he said quickly.

I held my breath as those words came out from Kris’ mouth. His eyes stared right at mine and I didn’t find a joking look on his face. He looked awkwardly serious. I blinked multiple times just to wake myself up but then I realized it was not a dream. It was not a nightmare at all.

 


 

Finally I can finish this chapter. I'm really sorry for late update. I was sad when I checked my story. I found out that I lost one of my subscribers. Huhuhuhuhuhu TT^TT

Happy 21st birthday to our y dancing machine, Kim Jongin~~!!!<3 Let's pray all the best for the birthday boy. :)

And thank you for those who were patient to wait for updates (I'm pretty sure there's nonexD)

Anyways, please subscribe, comment, and vote. ^^

 

Love you,

 

Safira