Red Apples

3.6.5

=Kris' POV=

 

I waited for Sehun at canteen. He promised to tell me what knew today when the break time at the canteen because Nami asked him to drag her to the cafe after school. I took the seat at the corner. The girls followed me as always. They sat around my seat. After minutes, I saw Sehun was seeming to look for me.

"Oh Sehun!" I shouted.

He looked at me and I waved to him. He walked to me as the girls watched every move of us. They probably wondered what I was doing with my huge hater's bestfriend.

"Kris, how can I tell you if they're here? They will hear us," Sehun said, motioning the girls.

"We shouldn't have took place here," I grumbled. "So, where can we talk?" I rubbed my face. It seemed like there was no place where I could have my privacy safe.

"Aha!" Sehun clasped his hands, showing that he had an idea. He moved his head closer to mine. I anticipated to hear it from him. "Let's go to the toilet," he whispered in my ear.

My eyes widened. "What?"

"It's the only place. Hurry up." Sehun got up and went ahead, leaving me who was not moving. He walked without looking back at me.

"Oppa, what are you doing with him?" Nara came up and pointed at the direction where Sehun walked to. It was good that she came. I could use her.

"Just boys talk. I want to go to toilet. Bye," I said and left Nara with the girls.

I guessed they were about to follow me but then stopped after Nara yelled at them, "Are you really going to follow my oppa to the toilet? Go away!" She acted like I was her boyfriend for real and people just believed it. I had no deal with it because I could use my fake relationship status to run away from the girls.

I entered the boys toilet and found that there were only me and Sehun. We looked like a gay couple as I walked to the corner to talk to him. I just didn't like this insecure situation.

"We can talk now," he said.

"Yeah. Now, tell me."

"I'll start now." He took a deep breath. "Yesterday, after school, I heard Nara yelling on the phone. She was getting my attention after she mentioned Nami's name."

I listened to him carefully. I thought I knew where it was going to end.

"So I listened to her until the end. What I got is that Nara and her father were the ones who planned the bad things on Nami."

"Why would they be hurting Nami? I mean, what's the relation among them three?"

"You don't know?" he asked.

I shook my head.

"Nami and Nara are sisters. How could you not know it? It's clear just by comparing their name. Han Nami and Han Nara. Don't you notice?"

I shook my head again. There were so many things that I didn't know about Nami. A couple must have known each other well, right?

"They said that they're going to hurt Nami for being such a badass in their family. They're going to do the same thing as that night when committee camp continuously. Do you know that since that day she didn't skip the class anymore? It's good, of course, but it's not what she normally does. She told me that she would study hard for me." He let out a weak laugh. "But I know that's not what she really meant. She's just afraid. She's afraid of something she didn't even know." He leaned his back on the wall and crossed his arms. He strangely closed his eyes.

I used to think that Nami's family was somewhere far away since she lived in apartment alone. The silence which filled the toilet made me try to comple the puzzle. So, Nami and Nara were sisters. The woman whom we met was their mother and thean beside her was probably their father. Why did their father want to do bad things to his own daughter? They said that they were going to hurt Nami for being such a badass in their family. So, they had some issues in their family which made Nami live separately. She had to pay all her needs herself so that she did a part time job as a maid in a cafe.

"How bad is Nami that her father and sister even want to hurt her?" I mumbled.

"You know that she's not that bad." Sehun opened his eyes. "There's a reason behind it. She seemed to think that nobody wanted her, so she did everything all alone. And I've showed that there's one person who wants her. It's me. She sticked onto me all the time since back then. So, you have to treat her well. That's all she needs." Sehun patted my shoulder before stepping out.

I silently thanked him for telling much about Nami. I really didn't expect that side of Nami. What I used to know was that she was a rebelious girl who lived in a cheerful world. But the truth was actually the opposite.

 

***

 

The committee meeting was just over. Luhan announced that we had to work really jard on the properties because the art show was to come in one month. It was going to be tiring yet fun. I approached Nami who was sitting alone. I sat next to her but she didn't realize it because she laid her head on her crossed arms on the table.

"Nami-ya," I called. She didn't respond. She couldn't be sleeping right now since the meeting was just over three minutes ago, I thought.

"Nami," I called once again and she still didn't move. "Are you sleeping?" I shook her shoulder.

She lifted her head and looked at me, blinking her sleepy eyes. Both of her ears were plugged by earbuds. So that was why she didn't answer me. "What?" she asked.

"Are you really sleeping?"

I was worried if I disturbed her rest time. She must desperately need sleep because she worked until night. She stood up and turned her body. She was going to walk as I grabbed her wrist slightly, trying to stop her.

"I'm not in the mood to debate with you," she said without turning to see me. Her voice sounded so weak that I slowly let go of her hand.

 

***

 

I kept on wondering what was happening to Nami. She haunted me so much these days. I thought I need to go on a date with her. So I came to her class but I couldn't find her there, nor her bag.

"Kris!" Sehun shouted.

"Hey!" Sehun walked to the door. "What's up?"

"Where's Nami?" I asked.

"She's not going to school today. She's sick."

"Ah, I see. Thanks, Sehun-ah." I was turning my body to walk back to my class when Sehun called my name again. I just turned my head to see him.

"Nami likes apple," he said and smiled before entering his class. I tilted my head. Why did he tell me?

 

***

 

I let out a long sigh. My hand was freezing in the air. I couldn't do this. I couldn't ring her doorbell. I took a deep breath again and exhaled. If I didn't do this now, I might lose all the chance. I lifted my hands hesitantly to the doorbell button. It was a little closer to push it.

"I can do this," I mumbled. I closed my eyes as my finger pushed the button. I held my apple bag tight and prayed for Nami to open her door.

"What are you doing here?" I opened my eyes as soon as I heard that sassy voice. I saw Nami standing in front of me. She looked cute with cow-printed pajama. Her hair was messy and I realized it was the first time she let her hair down. Why did she always tie her hair up when she had such a gorgeous brown hair?

"I'm...just...passing by. What?!" I yelled at myself for telling lie. I was too nervous. Evenmore, I bought apples on my way here for Nami since Sehun told me that she liked apples.

"Go in." I was surpised. I didn't expect this but I was so glad. I followed her into her apartment which was not too big. She walked to the kitchen so I stopped following her. I stood near the television, not knowing what to do. Nami didn't say anything and it made me lost my words.

She came with a cup of tea in her hand. "Are you not going to sit down?" She put the cup on the table and I sat on the black sofa. She sat on that sofa too but she was a little far from my seat.

"So, the reason why you come here is..." She didn't continue and let me complete the sentence.

"Because I'm worried." I clasped my mouth for being too honest. I shook my hands. "No, no, no. I just..."

"What is it you're holding?" She cut my explanation.

I became bright. "Here." I handed her the apple bag. "It's for you."

She grinned and looked at the apples as if the apples were treasure from the first century. "Uwaaa!! How do you know that I like apples?"

"I don't. I guess only."

"Cool! I find one point, you're good at guessing. That's why many girls like you."

"Eh?" What was she talking about? Did she just say that many girls liked me because I was good at guessing? Did she never like anyone so that she couldn't find rational reason to like someone? I wanted to protest her but when I saw her face beaming, I kept it on my mind only. She looked like a five years old kid. She kept on staring at the apple bag.

"Ummm... Can I eat them now?" she asked. Wow. I never thought that she would ask someone if she wanted to do something. The apples really brought miracle to her.

"Sure." She took out an apple from the apple bag. It was a red apple. I didn't know what kind of apple that was. My mother liked to eat these apples so I was sure that these apples were the best.

I could hear her chewing the apple. It sounded fresh because it contained water. I liked watery fruits, but I was not like Nami who was like an apple maniac.

"Why do you like apples?" I asked the apple maniac.

"Because..." She gulped the last chew of apple and put the rest on the table. "I used to think that people who give apples are really caring. People usually bring apples when they visit those who are sick. It sends an indirect support to the sick people. So they can be stronger."

"Really weird," I commented.

"What's so weird?" she yelled and became the rebelious Nami.

"Your brain is weird."

"Ya!!! Get out of my house!" she shouted and pointed at the door. I bowed a little. "By the way, how could you know my house?"

"Actually..." I started. "I followed you that night, when we met yor mother. I was worried because you were a little drunk."

"Seriously?" she whispered.

I nodded, anticipating if she would hit me with pillow.

"So, please take care of me.." I twitched.

"Please be a good boyfriend to me."

 

 

 


 

Hi guys. It's been a long time, right? So my computer was broken by virus because my brother loved to download online games here. And now, it's already fixed. I can give you an update.

I'm on vacation now since the 3rd grader is having their final test. Oh, wish them luck!

As usual, subscribe, comment, and vote!

 

Love,

 

Safira