Day 2: Morning

Jungle Book

 Bright and warm, that is what you woke up to.

You opened your eyes and start straightening your joints. Sore. That's the first feeling you get. Then, as your brain recalled what happened, it all hits you. The plane crashed. Only two survived. You and a K-Pop idol. Everyone else didn’t make it alive. Chanyeol is injured pretty badly. You're in the jungle. You're starving. You need to find food. You need to get more water. Thank goodness nothing ate you last night. Or should you even be thankful you're alive.

You're not tired anymore, but your body is just sore and rigid for not having a soft bed through the night. You stretch your whole body and yawn. You felt like you still need some sleep despite being amazed by how you managed to sleep through the night without being awakened even once, considering you're not a heavy sleeper. "I must've been very tired," you think to yourself.

As your body regain all of its senses, you unconsciously start starching your arms and legs.

Itchy…. 

Only when you feel pain that you realize you've almost wound yourself from scratching too hard. You finally took a good look at your arms and legs. 5 mosquito bites on your right leg, 6 on your left leg, 3 on your right hand, and another 4 on your left hand. 

“Tch, i need to wash all this...”

It amazes you even more that you still sleep through each and every bite of it... 

 

You turn your back to the other side and saw Chanyeol still sleeping. He's sleeping on his left side, on the banana leaf that both of you cut out yesterday. He didn't open his sleeping bag, instead, he's using it as a pillow. His left arm relaxed in front of him, his right hand still holding your pen. You saw your notebook beside his head, the page is now full of chords, lyrics, and a lot of scribbles.

"He must've been writing himself to sleep," you think. His face is peaceful and his lips are slightly parted.

You're staring blankly at him when his eyebrow suddenly moved.  He frowned and his grip on your pencil loosens, he started scratching his left lower arm. You're surprised, afraid that he might wake up to see you looking at him. Thank goodness he relaxed just a second later, adjusting himself and went back to his peaceful sleep.  You notice that he, too, got quite a lot of mosquito bites.

You chuckle to yourself and crawl out of your shelter. As you duck out of your shelter, you stand up on the cool sand and straighten your whole body. You move your joints, earning cracks here and there. Once you're satisfied, you take a look around you. Your little fire is out, only leaving a pile of black and silver dust. The sea is calm with little waves. The sun is up somewhere behind the forest, the sky is blue with a little bit of white fluffy clouds.

You resist the urge to scratch your arms as you reach for your backpack and took your water bottle. You finish down the last few gulps that were left. You need to get back to the river and took more water. Despite being super-duper hungry, water is what you needed more to live.

You decided that you would walk alongside the river a little bit into the forest where the water is not salty at all, and you would also clean yourself in the river. You smiled at the thought of the refreshing water, and quickly reach for your clean set of clothes and your bathing equipment, along with the cut of your scarf. You planned on changing Chanyeol’s bandage today.

You took along both yours and Chanyeol's bottle. Before you left, you drew stick figures on the sand in front of your shelter with a small trunk that you found earlier: someone taking a bath, a drop of water, and wrote, ‘WATER, BATH.’ not wanting him to get anywhere near you then you took a bath, you leave a mark on the sand with your feet and walk a few steps, then, making a cross through each feet. Hopefully he understands that it's a sign for him not to follow you. At the end of your foot mark, you wrote, ‘STAY’.

You look back to your scribbles. There's no way he wouldn't see that, but the problem is whether he could understand.

Having the urge to hurry and do your private morning routine, you step on your dirty sneakers and leave your little camping site to walk to the headwaters.

It’s been more than 24 hours since the plane crashed… I wondered if anyone noticed such a small plane had crashed. Had anyone try to find the plane? Had anyone realized that Chanyeol and I survived? Should I go back to the crash site? What about those that didn’t make it? I can’t just leave their bodies like that… But what can I do anyway?

After walking for quite a while, you decided that it's far enough from the sea to get clean water, and far enough from Chanyeol if he ever tried to peek from near your shelter. You put your bathing equipment down and first fill up both yours and Chanyeol's bottle. Then, feeling the fresh cool water on your hands, you start washing your purple/blue bruise on the back of your hand, your face and drank from the river too.

Soon enough you're now inside the river, the current was not too strong, the water is half your thigh tall. You're left with your bra and underwear, not feeling comfortable enough to strip fully .

Finished cleaning yourself and your scarf, you took your towel and change to a set of new clean clothes, swiftly and very quickly changing your undies too. You put your towel around your hair and start rubbing it, hoping it will help your hair to dry quicker. You sat on the river bank, your clothes and bottles beside you, you stare at the river's current and your mind went blank. Nothing is in your mind at all, just enjoying the beautiful, peaceful and refreshing surroundings. 

When you suddenly woke up from your daydream, you quickly gather your stuff and made your way back to your shelter.

 

 ---

 

To your surprise, Chanyeol is up and is sitting beside what's left of your fire. "He must've been up for a while,” you think. His back is facing you and he seemed to be busy doing something in front of him. You suddenly got the urge to startle him. You creep slowly behind him, step by step. As you're exactly behind him, you smiled to yourself, "this is going to be really funny!"

Just as you start to move your hands to tap his back, he speaks.

"야, 토끼! 몸은 섹시하게! 으? y!" he chuckle.

You stop yourself just a few centimeters from his back, processing what he just said. It took you a few seconds to understand what he's talking about.

y?"

With your hands still freezing midair, he turns his back to check if you're really there behind him.

“왜(wae)(why)? 깜짝이야 (kkamjjak-iya)(are you surprised)? 또한 남자이야 (ttohan namjaiya)(i'm also a guy)!” he gave you a questioning look, as in surprised that you really did expect him not to peek on you.

You took a step back and cover your body with your hands. “FOR GOODNESS SAKE!! PARKCHANYEOL YOU ERTED GIANT!!!” you throw his water bottle at him.

He couldn’t hold back his laughter anymore and laughed really hard when he saw your bright red face. Manages to dodge your throw, he laughed even harder at your throw, almost literally rolling himself on the sand.

 "YA!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!? WHAT KIND OF ERTED IDOL ARE YOU!!" you screamed at him again.

He was biting his lips and was crawling on the sand, holding onto his stomach, laughing so hard that there's no more sound coming from him.

You turn your back and quickly walk to your backpack. How could he do this to you? Just when you thought you can respect him for giving you some personal space, HE PEEKED AT YOU TAKING A BATH?!

Tch. All guys are the same! erted and dirty minded! Why did I even think an idol like him is different?!

"야 (ya)! 토끼 (tokki) ! 잠깐 (jamkkan)(wait)!" he said as he finally catches his breath.

"mwo!? What do you want?" you didn’t even turn your head to look at him.

"장난이야 (jangnaniya)(i'm kidding)…"

You didn't reply him, not believing his words saying that he's joking. You reach your backpack and kneel down, pushing your dirty clothes carelessly into it and spreading your wet scarf above the little hut. You're pissed at hell thinking that he invaded your privacy.

"(Y/N)-아.. 진짲 장난이에요 (jinjja jangnanieyo)… 농담, 농담 (nongdam, nongdam)...” his tone softens.

“나는 변태 아니에요 (naneun byeontae anieyo) (i'm not a ert)," he tried to explain himself. You know he's walking to you because his voice is getting nearer. Still between embarrassed and deeply pissed, you quickly move to another spot, sitting down, facing the sea.

"it's not funny, Chanyeol!"

"야, 미안해 (mihanhaeyo).. 그냥 농담이야 (geunyang nongdam-iya) (it's just a joke).." he started to plead, finally feeling guilty for playing on you. At first you didn’t believe him because his reaction is just over the top when he manages to make you blush deep red. But he kept on saying that he’s sorry and he’s joking, that he’s not a ert, that he’s not a bad guy. He squatted in front of you. You throw your face to the side, not wanting to face him because a tint of pink is still on your face.

 “야.. 토끼..” he tilted his head to face you. You finally gave up and look at him, trying your best to keep your face stern.

“진짲, 그냥 농담이야 (geunyang nongdam-iya)...” his lips made a form of a guilty, embarrassed smile. Your heart goes the way you didn’t want to. Seeing his face, his smile, you just can’t keep on being angry anymore. His smile is so damn contagious; it’s good enough that you can still force back the smile from your own lips.

You let out an exaggerated sigh and extend a finger to warn him, “this is the last time, Chanyeol! The last time I tolerate your jokes!”

Seeing that you finally want to look at him, he guessed that you’re not that mad anymore and exhibit his toothy smile. He nodded at your warning and hand out his palm. He’s asking for a handshake, a sign of peace between the two of you. You roll your eyes and shook his hand.

How can I stay mad at a guy like him?

“목욕을 내 차례,” he got up. Not understanding what he said, your eyes just follow where he went. He went to his backpack and took out a towel. You instantly understand that he also wants to take a bath. You turn back to face the see, pretending not to care of where he’s going. To tell the truth, thinking about him taking a bath makes you pretty curious, especially considering that he said he saw you took a bath. How would his body look like? Does he have a six-pack? You have the slightest urge to follow him behind, but you quickly shake it off your mind.

Im just curious. I mean, whos not? An idol mustve taken care of their body, right? you reason with yourself.

 

---

 

After he’s gone, you decided to take his pocket knife and go in to the forest for a little bit, searching for fruits or any kind of food that can calm your grumbling stomach. Making sure to still be able to find your way back, you start exploring the forest.

To your relief, you found quite a variety of fruitful trees. What captures your attention the most were the bananas and the coconuts. Some of the trees are more than 3m tall, making it impossible for you to reach. There are a few trees that are not too tall, but you’re still not tall enough to reach most.

After searching around for quite a while, you found a banana tree short enough for you to pick. The bunch consisted of two tiers, each tiers having more than 10 fruits. They were not yet ripe, most were still green. Doesn’t care about how it would taste, as long as you can eat this, right now, anything would really do. Happy cause you finally can get something to eat, you stretch out your hand and tiptoed to pluck out the whole bunch with your pocket knife.

As soon as the bunch drops to the forest’s floor, you took one and cut it open. You’re too hungry to walk back to your shelter, moreover to wait for Chanyeol to eat together. You regret it, however, as soon as you start chewing it. It was tasteless and coarse. You force yourself to keep chewing and gulp down the bolus. At least, something entered your stomach. You think hard, trying to find a way to eat the bananas without having to wait for it to ripe.

“ahaa!!” you exclaimed to yourself. You remembered that your uncle who’s a cook once told you about him grilling unripe mangoes, resulting in a crunchy and tangy mango. You wondered if this would also works in unripe bananas.

Wanting to test out your theory, you start making your way back to your little camp. Half dragging, half lifting your bunch of banana, you made it to your shelter. Chanyeol is nowhere to be found, so you assume he’s still doing whatever he usually does in the morning. You gather around a few twigs and dried leaves, then light it on with the lighter like what you did last night. Waiting for the twigs to catch fire feels like the longest minutes of your life because you can’t wait to eat something, eat anything, really. While waiting, you cut the bundle and took the uppermost circle of bananas and divide it in half cirles.

 “뭐하는거야 (mwohaneungeoya)(what are you doing)?” you heard a curious voice behind you.

“오! 바나나! Banana! 맞죠 (maj-jyo)?,” he rushed to squat beside you even before you can answer his first question. You turn to him, seeing his dazzling smile plastered in his face. He changed his clothes to a black t-shirt with zebra stripes at the bottom half, the short sleeve of his left arm rolled to above his wound, and a pair of black loose shorts. His grey towel still draped around his neck as his fingers flipped around his wet brown hair.

You snapped out of your daze, smiled at him and nodded, “yes, Giant, banana! It’s still raw, though. I’m grilling it so we can eat it now.” You put the 2 half-circle bananas above the little fire. However, the fire was still too small to grill the bananas, so you start blowing to the fire. At first, Chanyeol was confused as of what you’re trying to do with all this banana and fire, but he catches on pretty quickly.

“저하자,” he pats your shoulder and points at himself then to the fire. He’s asking to help you spread the fire faster. Considering him being a guy, with bigger body, and also a singer, his lung capacity must’ve been so much bigger than you, so you gladly let him do the job.

He took one deep breath and crouched near the sand, leaning on his right hand. You stood up and went to his left; you saw that he still have you dirty scarf-bandage on. “Did he wash his wound? It mustve hurt so much, right? If he did wash his wound, then its very brave of him to do so. The other half of the scarf needs to dry quickly so I can change the bandage,” you think to yourself.

Chanyeol starts blowing and surprisingly, the fire spread like it’s been lighted by an oil, gushing and flickering, grilling your bananas the way you want it. The sudden spread surprised both of you, and Chanyeol is really proud and satisfied with his work.

“오오오,” he clapped to himself. You smiled and thank him for helping, and then he flashed his adorable smile at you as he shakes his clasped hands beside his head, left and right.

“타지는 않아요(won’t it burn)?” he asked. “banana, fire, uh.. 타지는.. fire… umm…” he struggled with his English. Not understanding his Korean, you can only shake your head to tell him you didn’t understand. He then shrugs his own question off and come up with another question. “어디서 찾았 어 (eodiseo chaj- eo)? Where...?” he asked as he sat down beside you.

“Somewhere over there,” you pointed at where you found the banana tree and remembered that there were still so many fruits that you can’t reach but maybe Chayeol can.

“There’s still more fruits there!” you tried to explain yourself to Chanyeol, thinking of a way to tell him that you need his help to pick fruits. “Banana, coconut, there! Many more!” you made a few gestures at him, spreading your arms wide.

“Kokoneot?! 저기 (jeogi)(here)?” his eyes sparkled as he extend his neck to look at where you pointed.

“Yes!” you replied to him. He seemed so excited about something.

Is it about coconuts? Dont they have coconuts in Korea? Or is he excited just about food?

“coconuts, joahyo?” you asked

“응? 네 (ne), 좋아요 (johayo),” he nodded excitedly. “많은 코코넛 한국에서이 아니다 (manheun kokoneot hangugeseo i anida),” he continued, shaking his head a bit. You understand something about coconuts, Korea, and ‘not’, so you can only guess what he meant. Seeing that you didn’t reply him, he went to the shelter, drops his stuff and took your notebook and pen.

He drew something as he walked to your side again. You looked up to him in expectation, wondering what he’s doing this time. He then squat back down beside you and showed you your notebook, there were a picture of 5 ovals, and you guessed that he meant to draw coconuts.

“여기에(yeogie), 많은,” he said, circling the 5 ‘coconuts’. “Korea,” he crossed out 4 of them, “많은하지…” He looked back at you, hoping that you understand what he meant.

“aahh, not that many coconuts in Korea…” you said to yourself and nodded to signal him that you understands. Proud of his work, he smirked.

“나는 코코넛을 찾아 갈거야,” he said as he puts down your book and stands back up. At first you didn’t understand, but as he took a few steps into the forest, you understand that he wants to go and pick up some coconuts himself.

“Ya!! Giant! Park Chanyeol!” you called out for him. “where are you going?!” you shouted to make sure he could hear you.

He turns his back and answered, “코코넛! Kokoneot!” he shouted back to you.

“Waittt! I’m coming with you!” you replied and quickly make your way to join him. You took your phone and set an alarm 25 minutes from now, 09.12, so that the two of you can make it back in time before the bananas were burnt out. “kaja!” you say as you join him.

“가자!” he repeated your words, smiling at how you’re using Korean words when you’re not even Korean.

Using his height as an advantage, he wraps his arm around you, resting it on your shoulder, intentionally putting his weight on you.

"ya! You're heavy, giant!!" you complaint and move his arm from your shoulders.

"aaahh, 왜(wae)? 피곤 해요(pigon haeyo)(I’m tired)!" he teased, acting tired and rest his arm on you again.

This time around, you didn’t protest.

 Something in your heart likes it like this: him leaning on you, trusting you. You smiled and shake your head as you keep walking.

Seeing that you didn’t reject him this time, Chanyeol shifted his arm to a more comfortable position which causes the two of you to walk closer, your arm pressed against his body. He laughed a bit, and you can only chuckle even though your heart is beating fast inside. "Why am i like this? I have a boyfriend! And besides he's an idol, he must've meet prettier girls than me," you think to yourself as you try to ignore the butterflies on your stomach.

He still leans on you for a minute before he finally stands back straight, but his arm never leaving your neck. You blushed a bit. "aish, why is he like this?"

He then pulls you in front of him, both his arms extend, each resting on either side of your shoulder. He started singing something, but the lyrics that came from his lips were: "coconuts, coconuts, coconuts~"

You catch along with his silly melody, shifting your shoulder left and right along with the pressure he gave to your shoulders.

As soon as you sang too, he stopped singing and starts beat-boxing. You continued your ‘coconut’-full lyrics, matching the beat from his mouth. This doesn’t continue for long, however, as both of you can't contain your laughter anymore. You laugh like nothing else matters, till you have to stop walking and finish off your laughter before catching your breath and continued walking.

Pfffttt! What kind of absurd coconut song was that!?

You two walk along until you reach your destination. Chanyeol got super excited seeing coconut trees, but the excitement doesn't stay for long because he soon realized it's still too far even for him to pick the coconuts by hands. The coconuts were big and some of them are brown, some of them are still green. He search for some kind of stick but couldn't find any. The shortest trees were still about a meter above his head.  Chanyeol and you were brain storming for another way to reach the coconuts when your eyes ended up resting on him. He’s extending his head, looking at the unreachable coconuts, his eyes curious and concentrating, both of his long arms on his waist.

Then you've got an idea.

You want to test something.....

"Hey Giant?" you call out for Chanyeol who’s beneath the shortest coconut tree.

"네?"

"Come here and squat down," you signals him to squat down in front of you, facing the scaly bark. He followed your instruction, somehow easily understanding what you want to do. At these times, your petite body becomes an advantage. You took off your shoes and put your legs on either side of his shoulders (facing the same side, of course) and then balance yourself.

"Okay, let's do this!" you said, sitting on his shoulders, brushing off any thought that doesn’t relate to survival, trying to control your restless heartbeat. You’re not sure why you’re palpitating so much. Is it because you know you’re going to be high above and you might just fell down? Or is it because of how his hands grip on the cap of your knees to balance both of you?

Slowly but surely Chanyeol started standing up. With you holding on to the banana bark for balance, he fully extends his legs. Once he’s standing straight, your right hand lets go of the tree bark and start reaching of the nearest coconut.

“Got it!” you said as your hand cupped the bottom of the coconut. You start spinning the coconut which cause the coconut to pluck off its twig and let the coconut drops down to the forest’s floor. Excited, Chanyeol suddenly shifted his body to look at the coconut and cause you to struggle for balance.

“Chanyeol! Don’t move!” you hit his head because you’re so scared of falling down from this tall giant.

“aa! 네(ne)! 미안 해요, 토끼 (minahaeyo, tokki)...” he chuckled a bit as he face the tree back, this time moving slowly to the next lowest coconut. The second coconut was a few centimeters beyond the reach of your fingers. You were a bit frustrated at first because the coconut was so close yet was unreachable. You thought of a trick, however, and reach for the pocket knife on your shorts. You stab the knife on the coconut and spin the coconut by the knife’s handle till it falls down.

As you two move to the third lowest coconuts, it was far over your hands to grip. Trusting him to keep his balance, you move your legs, leaning on the tree back for balance, almost hugging it, and soon enough your left foot reach his shoulder. You straighten yourself up, and your right sole too reach his shoulders. You’re now almost 2m above the ground, your feet balanced on Chanyeol’s shoulders. You can feel Chanyeol starts struggling to support your weight so you reach out and work on the last few coconuts as fast as you can. You didn’t realize how far you are from the ground until you finally looked down to sit back on his shoulders. 

“조심해 (josimhae),” Chanyeol asked you to be careful when he realized from your movements that you’re trying to get down. He extends his right hand, offering you something to grip to keep you from falling down. You took his hands and carefully sat back on his shoulders. He then squat back down until your feet touches the ground and you got yourself off his shoulders. You then help him stand back up.

Only then you realized that your fingers are still intertwined with his. You quickly pull your hands back and looked away, denying to yourself that you like that contact with him. He scratches the back of his neck, his face growing a slight tint of pink along with a flustered grin on his lips.

You didn’t know at that time how he really wanted to keep his fingers between yours, how he start to think that he wants to know you more, how he thinks you’re different from all the other girls he had ever met, different from all the other girls that only knows about fashion and make-ups, different from those spoiled unthankful girls.

Just then, as if it recognizes the awkward situation, your phone's alarm set off. You two needs to go back before your grilled bananas become burnt bananas. You quickly start gathering the coconuts that were scattered around the tree, Chanyeol took 3 on his hands and you took 2.  Hopefully 5 coconuts were enough for you two. Too lazy to put your shoes back on, you just carry them on your hand and walked barefooted.

As you walk back from the forest, it's clear how excited Chanyeol is for both the banana and the coconut. His gummy smile never leaves his lips. You however, were trying hard to sort your mind out. Trying to figure out how you feel right now. Seemed like the things that happened since yesterday is still too hard for you to process: the plane crash, the people who died, your little survival, and your own feeling toward the idol who obviously won’t ever like you.

Too deep in your thoughts, you stumble upon a protruding root that was huge yet somehow your eyes didn’t see it. You quickly regain your balance but it’s too late, Chanyeol saw your little stumble.

“야 (ya)! 바보 (pabo)! 조심해 (josimhae), bunny-ahh!” Chanyeol laughed at your silly action. You looked back and flash him an apologetic smile before continued walking, trying your best to keep your mind on surviving.

As soon as you reached your little fireplace, Chanyeol let out an excited “woohooo!” and knelt down before the bananas, now silver and black above the flickering wood. You took the half bundle and pluck out each bananas. Soon, you and Chanyeol were faced with 8 grilled bananas. You took your knife and wipe it lazily against your clothes, not caring about cleaning it any further as the sight of yellow brown bananas beneath the burnt skin is making you too hungry to care more about hygiene. You peel the skin of the first banana, not caring about the burning feeling your palm telling you that the bananas were still so hot.

You peeled enough skin off the first banana to let Chanyeol have a big first bite from your hand before peeling it more and ate the half left yourself.

“hmmmm~,” Chanyeol hummed as soon as he felt food on his mouth. “와(woah), 맛있어요(massisseoyo)(delicious)!”

You smiled and nod in agreement. The grilled banana is not bad at all, it tastes sweet and soft. You handed the bigger knife to Chanyeol to let him peel off his own bananas while you took your smaller multipurpose knife to peel your own bananas.

You two finished off a total of 8 bananas at once, you ate three of them while Chanyeol ate 5.  Glad that you finally fulfill your stomach needs, you stretched out your arms and legs, and lie flat on the sand. Never have you feel this happy to eat before, even if you didn't eat until full, the grilled banana felt like heaven. Hunger been satisfied, Chanyeol's attention turned to the coconuts, it seemed like they're inviting you to quickly open them up and drink everything till the last drop.

“이 코코넛을 여는 방법?” Chanyeol took one of the coconuts and tapped it. He successfully earned a light thud, indicating the coconut husk were rather thin and the water is full. You asked him to hand you the coconut and his knife, and start chopping the shell with it. You've seen people open a coconut before, so you're trying to do the same thing. Chanyeol however, was looking at you with full attention, confused and amazed together at what you're doing. You soon reach the white meat of the coconut and start chopping it off carefully, until you made a hole about 5cm wide, enough for the both of you to drink from it. As soon as the coconut water was exposed, Chanyeol clapped in excitexment. Seeing his reaction, you took the initiative to hand him the 1st sip. He refused at first, but you insisted. It's not that rare for you to drink coconut from its fruit before anyway.

Chanyeol took a few big gulp, of course with a lot of water spilled out, and let out a super satisfied sigh as he took down the  coconut from his lips.

"Whooooaaaahh," he exclaimed as he hand you back the coconut.

"이게 처음이에요(ige cheoeum-ieyo) (this is my first time),"

"cheom? First? First time drinking coconut?" you asked after you too took a few gulp of the coconut. It was a bit warm, not too sweet, but it's not tasteless either. It has just the right feeling to perfectly quench your thirst.

"아니요, 과일에서 신선한," he shakes his head and gestures how he drank earlier.

"Aahh, from its fruit, huh?" You asked confirming what he said as you hand him back the coconut. "Finish it, i'm opening another one."

"음? 진짜(jinjja)? 와! 감사합니다(kamsahabnida)!!" He thanked you and finished the coconut until the last drop. He even shakes the coconut a few times above his mouth to make sure there is no more inside.

You took another coconut and quickly cut it open. This time, you drank first before handling it to him, making sure you left plenty of them. Seeing how happy and excited he is, you really didn't want to ruin it. Something about his happiness just made you happy too. You unintentionally stare at him as he gulps down the second coconut. He then realized that you're staring and asked, "토끼야(tokki ya), 왜(wae)? 잘 생기셨어요 (jal saenggiyeoseoyo) (am I handsome)?" he flashed you his toothy smile.

"Eh? What?" You snapped back to reality and processed what he said. "Uh.. no you're not," you shook your head and hiding your blush by busying yourself.

You take the empty coconuts and start splitting it to two. This way the fruit is easier to be scooped up. Changing to your smaller multipurpose knife, you cut the thin coconut meat and pressed it between your knife and index finger. You hen put it to your mouth and took a bite. The coconut flesh was a bit thin but is very sweet.

You cut another coconut flesh and this time shoves it in front of Chanyeol's lips. Chanyeol's head move back in reflex because of the knife, but he quickly leans back in and took the coconut from your finger. Your heart raced as his lips came in contact with your finger so you took your hand back as soon as you're sure the coconut won't fall off. Chanyeol let out an excited "whoa" over the coconut and start splitting the 2nd empty coconut. He really doesn't want to allow you do everything, so, being a gentleman, he paid attention to what you did earlier and did a faster job on splitting it.

The two of you finished up both coconuts in an instant and sigh out of satisfaction as you finally put down the coconuts.

"우아아아아," Chanyeol sighed as he lean back to the sand, using only his right hand to support his head. Before you know it, Chanyeol fell asleep, his lips parted and he let out quiet snores. You smile at his sleeping face. Peaceful and unguarded, relax and confortable. It’s rare seeing an idol in such condition. There are always people that monitor each and every action of an idol. They have to be extra aware and extra careful with everything around them, or it can be a boomerang and turns them down. Chanyeol, however, here only with you, seemed like he’s starting to let his guards down.

Good for you, Giant. Have a little vacation before someone found us and youll have to be back on your harsh idol world,” you think to yourself.

You then remembered that the bandage on his wounded left arm needed to be replaced, so you walked to your shelter to check on the bandage. It's only been about over an hour since you left it there, but the burning sun has already dried out your scarf. So you took it along with your water bottle and walk back, squatting behind the giant's sleeping face, your face above his.

"Oi, Chanyeol!” you tapped his forehead twice with your index finger to wake him up.

"네, ㅎ...!" He snapped open his eyes and jolt up... to meet your forehead.

"Ooouuucchh!" You stumble back, your palm covering your forehead. Chanyeol did the same, holding his pained head.

"aisshhh, 왜 내게 그런 놀라게 했어요?!” Chanyeol complained, most probably asking about why you’re waking him up like that.

“why are YOU sitting back up so fast?! What were you dreaming of, huh? Aisshh,” you whined back. He probably doesn’t understand but you don’t care anyway, you just want to say it.

“aaish, 몰라! 왜 나를 깨어 있습니까?” he asked something again, this time with a softer tone.

“umm, your hand, give it to me,” you point at his wounded hand and open your palm, showing the clean scarf with your left hand. He tilts his head a bit, trying to process what you asked for.

“ahh, 이것? Okay!” he moves his body to let you get a free access to his left arm. You then carefully open up the bandage, revealing his wound. It’s not bleeding anymore, but from the jerks of his arm you know it still hurts so much. It’s amazing that he’s still be able to move his arm even just a bit despite the pain.

You examine his wound, the flesh is still visible from the outside, and blood stains were still there. There were a bit of pus seeping from the edges of the open scar, but it’s not much and based from the color and smell, it’s not something to be extremely worried about. Yes, there might be an infection going, but seeing that his general condition is healthy, you medical knowledge concluded that overall, the wound is not getting worse than yesterday.

You let his arm rest on your left arm and thigh, using your right hand to reach for your water bottle and open it. You took a clean part of the used scarf and wet it with water, hoping that the water is clean enough to not make the infection any more worse.

“Ready?” you asked him before you start wiping the wound.

Chanyeol took a deep breath. He gave you a nod and bit his lips, preparing himself for the numbing pain that’s coming. You grip his forearm tighter, and carefully start wiping off the blood stains and pus off. You looked at him every once in a while, making sure you’re not hurting him more that he already is. He can’t help but groan whenever your scarf touches his open flesh.

“I’m sorry, I have to do this, Chanyeol… Please bear a little more,” you yourself can’t take this any longer; seeing how much he is pained, knowing that you can do much more, so much more, if only the equipment were here. But you have to this; it’s for his own good. Carefully and gently, you wipe the wound as much as you can before covering it back up with the new dry scarf.

Making sure the knot is not too tight on him, you let out a sigh as soon as you let go of his arms. He too let out a sigh after you’re done treating him. You patted his arm and smiled, “hang in there, Giant!”

Chanyeol gave you his smile, the smile that somehow brightens up your heart, the smile that you want to see every single day, a smile that you want to keep. You can’t help but smile back at him.

Have you fallen in love with him? Within just over 24 hours? Is that even possible? Is this just a star-struck that you’re feeling?

No, you can’t fall for him. You shouldn’t fall for him. You have a boyfriend. He’s an idol, you’re just an average girl. You live in different countries. You speak different languages.

But love doesn’t differentiate language and country, did it?

Maybe, just maybe, you have fallen for him.

And maybe, just maybe, he had the same feeling to you.