The place we first met

Winter Wonderland

 

Arriving at a now abandoned two story house, Nara smiled. She walked up to the front door of the building and pushed it open. The door immediately fell to the floor.

“What happened to my home?” Nara sighed as she looked around. Walking further in, she entered the kitchen. As she walked up to the old refrigerator, Nara found a few old drawings attached with magnets. “How did these make it for so long?”

Grinning, Nara kept walking and finally made it to the old living room. As she looked into the cold and empty room, she started to reminisce about the old times. When she first met one of her best friends.

 

‘This is Nara. She’s new to our little home so please, guys, take good care of her,”  a woman announces as she pushes the little girl towards a group of boys ranging from the age of 5 to 11. The eldest looking boy steps out of the crowd and smiles warmly toward the small girl.

‘Annyeong. I hope you’ll like it here. I promise we’ll make you feel right at home. We can play games and have fun if you want.’

The small girl backs up a few steps and shakes her head furiously, letting a few small tears slip. “This isn’t home. It’s a place for kids that are left behind by their parents. It’s a foster home. I’m not an orphan. I have parents and they’ll be back. They promised. I know they will be!” she yells at the boy through her tears. The other five boys look at her and hang their heads low.

“Is that why we’re all here?” the youngest asks, mumbling his words.

“I thought this was our home,” another muttered.

The eldest could tell by their shaking voices that the boys were only seconds from crying. He walks over to the crying girl and hugs her close. “Home is wherever you have family and friends,” he says before letting her go. Next, he walks toward the group of boys and hugs them tight.

“As long as you’re surrounded by people that love you, it doesn’t matter where you are. Whether you’re blood or not,” the eldest states as he looks at the small girl in front of him. Sniffing, she looks at him and finds a smile on his face.

 

“How right you were back then, Gukkie,” Nara said to herself as she continued to walk through the house. She carefully made her way up the stairs and found their old playroom. Nara grinned as she kneeled down to play with a few old toys. She tilted her head in confusion when she found a bunny that she had never seen before. It was black, blue, fluffy and really cute. Picking it up, Nara found a small note attached to the bunny. Opening it, she grinned as she recognized the handwriting.

‘Where we had our first fight’

“This should be fun. There had better be a huge reward for me at the end of all this,” Nara mumbled, cuddling the bunny close to her chest. “Clue number two: Zelo’s and my first fight.”