Where I promised

Winter Wonderland

Bright lights surrounded Nara as she made her way down a long path in the park. Amazed, she looked left and right at the beautiful lights.

“These...were never here,” she whispered as she hugged the red bunny closer to her chest.

Walking further down, Nara could see the snow slowly falling again. The path was decorated with candy canes that lit up as a pathmaker and beautiful icicles that decorated the few trees following it. She smiled as she walked down further and finally made it to the covered patio. Nara’s eyes widened as she looked around and found it lit up in blue Christmas lights.

“Remember what I promised so many years ago?” a voice asked.

Snapping out of the trance, Nara looked straight ahead and found a boy with a huge, warm smile on his face. Grinning she nodded at him.

“Of course. How could I forget, Gukkie?”

 

“Hey, little girl. Are you waiting for someone?” a strange man asks the small girl as he takes a seat next to her on the bench. The girl nods and scoots over, trying to distance herself from the creepy stranger. He smiles as he scoots back next to her.

“So you’re here all alone? Where are your parents?”

The girl eyes the man, afraid of what he was planning. “I don’t have any parents, but I have six brothers.”  

The man smiles at the girl, “And none of them are here right now?”

The girl slowly shakes her head at him. “You’re wrong. Gukkie is here.”

The man's eyes widen as he starts to look around for anyone else, only to find no one. “Oh really? Where is he? I don’t see anyone else besides you,” he says.

Nara nervously looks around the park. “He’ll be back. He went to the store across the street to get me some gloves,” she mumbles.

The guy turns around and looks across the park and towards the small shop. It was a good distance from where they were.

“Say, if you’re so cold why not come with me? It’s nice and warm in the car, plus I have some candy there,” he whispers to the small girl, and she quickly shakes her head at him.

“Gukkie told me to wait here and not to trust any strangers.”

“But technically strangers are only friends you haven’t met yet.”

She shakes her head at him once more. “I have to wait here for him.”

The man sighs before standing up in front of the girl. “I really didn’t want to do it this way,” he mumbles before shooting Nara a look she would never forget.

The man grins and grabs her arm pulling her close enough to cover with his other hand. The girl starts to cry and scream from the top of her lungs, but without success. The man’s hand muffles her every cry for help. In a desperate attempt to free herself, she takes a deep breath and bites his hand as hard as she can.

The man lets out a scream loud enough to hear blocks away and lets go of the girl. Nara takes the opportunity and runs as far as she can; but closely following behind her was the stranger. There was no way he would give up that easy.

“GUKKIE! GUKKIE HELP!!”

The blood curdling screams could be heard throughout the entire park as the girl ran for her life, crying and hoping Yong Guk would come to save her.

“Shut up you little brat!” the man yells at the small girl as he finally catches up to her. He snatches her up under his arm and the girl fights as hard as possible.

“Will you stop you little-”

“YOU SHUT UP AND LET HER GO!” he heard a small voice yell behind him. The man turns around just in time to see everything turn black. He drops the girl and falls to the ground, unconscious.

“Nara! Nara are you okay? Are you hurt?” the boy asks as he drops the lead bat and runs toward where she had fallen onto the ground. He searches the girl up and down for cuts and bruises and finds nothing but tears streaming down her face.

“Gukkie! He was …. He was….”

“Shh. It’s alright now,” the boy assures her as he pulls her in close and hugs her tight to him.

“Come on. Let’s go home,” he whispers as he put her on his back, carrying her away.

She sets her head down on his back sniffing a few last tears. “Gukkie…” she starts.

The boy sighs deeply and continues to walk home.


“I promise I’ll never let anything or anyone hurt you for as long as I live, Nara. It’ll be the biggest mistake they make,” Yong Guk said with a serious expression.

Nara nodded, smiling as she walked up to him and hugged him tightly. “I know Gukkie.”

When he let her go, Yong Guk looked into her eyes and smiled. “I’ve got something I want to ask you, Nara.”

He stepped back and grinned from one ear to the other. “You know I love you right?”

Nara nodded at the older boy.

“I mean I love you, Nara. Not like a brother loves his sister, but like a man would love a woman.”

Nara’s eyes widened and she blushed, suddenly hugging the bunny even closer. Yong Guk smiled when he saw her hugging his bunny close.

“Nara, I love you. More than I love anything else in this world.”

“Hey!” a small voice interrupted, making the two of them look at a bush behind the patio.

“Shut up! You got us caught and ruined the whole moment!” another voice whispered.

Nara grinned as she recognized the arguing voices. “Zelo and Himchan! I bet the rest of you are back there too,” she said. She could hear a few nervous chuckles as five boys stood up from behind the bush.

“Mianhae,” they all chorused.

Yong Guk smiled and shook his head. Himchan was right. They did ruin the moment, but he couldn’t bring himself to be mad at them.

“Finish, hyung!” Jongup interrupted the older boys daze.

“Right. Nara,” Yong Guk started again, making Nara look at him. “I really do love you, Nara, and I want to make sure that nothing and no one will ever hurt you. You are my world, and if something bad were to ever happen to you, I wouldn’t know what to do. Saranghae, Nara.”

Yong Guk finished his speech and walked up to Nara, getting down on one knee. Nara gasped and put her hand in front of . Smiling, Yong Guk dug the small box out of his pocket and opened it, holding it up toward her.

“Will you marry me?”

Nara stood there speechless as a few tears ran down her cheek.

“This is the part where you say yes,” Jongup whispered to her, earning himself a few glares from the others.

Nara snapped out of the trance and quickly nodded at the kneeling boy in front of her. “Yes! Yes!” she yelled as she got down with him and hugged his neck.

Yong Guk threw his arms around her waist. He stood up and swung her around in a circle. Yay’s and awws could be heard in the background.

“I love you, Nara.”

“And I love you, Gukkie,” she replied before pulling him in closer to her and pressing her lips against his. It didn’t take long for Yong Guk to give in and deepen the kiss wrapping his arms tightly around her waist, never wanting to let her go again.

“Whoohoo! It’s about time!” Daehyun yelled in the background making the others nod in agreement. The five of them looked at the clock and their eyes widened.

“What better way to start Christmas day?” Youngjae grinned from ear to ear as he looked at Nara and Yong Guk. Looking between themselves, the five boys grinned and chorused one last thing toward the happy new couple.

“Merry Christmas!”

 

 


So...apparently I can't count. ._. .. I said it was 9 chapters but it's only 8 lol. Any who, I really hope you guys enjoyed reading this story as much as I have writing it.  I really appreciate all the love you've shown it. You guys have no clue how giddy and happy I got every time I saw 'new story comments' or 'new subscribers' XD. And now, there's only 1 full day left until Christmas so I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a happy New Year and be safe! :D