The place we had our first fight

Winter Wonderland

 

 

Nara grinned as she made her way to the bakery. She walked through the snow and admired the beautiful Christmas lights sparkling on every building. Smiling, Nara started to think. “Our first fight. How childish it was.”

 

‘I want these!’ the young boy yells as he points to a pile of gingerbread cookies sitting behind the glass.

The girl takes a look at them and immediately shakes her head. ‘I won’t have any money to get me any cookies if I buy those for you. And I want those cookies!” she argues pointing the moon shaped cookies covered in powder sugar.

The little boy shakes his head at her in disagreement. ‘Buy me those, please! I want those!’

The girl shakes her head again. “Find some cheaper ones or you won’t get any at all,” she now threatens him.

Looking at the older girl, the little boy starts to sniff. “I’m telling Yong Guk!” he yells as he wipes his tears away with his sleeve. Before the girl has any chance to say anything to the crying boy, he runs out of the store and back into the direction of home.

Sighing she turns back toward the cookies behind the glass. “A few of those please.” As she leaves the bakery, she stuffs the cookies into her pocket and walks back home.

“See? She wouldn’t buy me any cookies, hyung! She’s mean and I don’t like her! She can go back to where she came from!” the youngest boy yells as he hides behind Yong Guk.

The girl’s eyes widen as she steps up toward the pair. The youngest boy cowers behind the older boy, afraid she would hurt him for what he just said.

“Trust me. If I could I would,” the girl huffs as she throws the bag of cookies at the small boy.

He catches it just in time before they hit the ground. It was the cookies he wanted so bad. Looking back up at the girl, he saw tears run down her cheek. “Now stop bothering me. I’m going to my room.”

Zelo looks from the bag to the girl and back at the bag. “Hyung, I did something terrible.” Yong Guk nods at the small child. “I have to go fix it!” the little boy exclaims as he puts the cookies into his pocket and takes off after the girl.

“Nara! Nara, wait! Please!” he yells as he runs down the hall. He turns the corner just in time to see her disappear into the room. Nara closes the door behind her and locks it tight. Zelo stops in front of the door and starts banging on it as hard as he can.

“Nara! Nara! Mianhae!” he yells through the tears that have now formed in his small brown eyes.

After yelling for a few minutes, he tires himself out and falls asleep in front of the girl’s door. Nara slowly opens it when the noise stops and finds a sweet little boy asleep at her door. Just as she was about to wake him and yell at him, she looks over to his side and sees a small bag. Kneeling down beside him, she reads the tag attached to it. She grins and picks up the younger boy, placing him in her bed and covering him up with the blankets. She places his cookies next to him and takes the smaller bag, opening it and eating the cookies.

“Mianhae! Saranghae, noona!”

 

“Yeah, can I have a few of those gingerbread cookies please?” Nara asked the cashier.

The man nodded with a smile on his face. “How long have you been coming here now, Nara?”

Nara smiled as she thought back, “Oh, I think it’s been about 12 years now?”

The man nodded and handed the girl two bags of cookies, “One’s for Zelo. Tell him I said hi.”

“Will do,” Nara assured him. She started for the door.

“Oh, Nara! Here, someone left this here for you.”

Confused, Nara turned around and saw the elderly man holding another bunny. Grinning, she grabbed the small black and yellow bunny.

“Thank you!” Nara waved at the man before heading out the door and back into the cold. She stuffed the cookies into her pocket, and held the blue bunny under her arm as she searched the yellow one for a clue. A tag was wrapped around it’s neck and she opened it. “Youngjae,” she mumbled before reading the note.

“Our secret hiding spot”

Grinning, Nara hugged both bunnies close on her way to the next destination. “They are making it way too easy.”