The great plan

Winter Wonderland

 

“So, hyung, what are you giving her for Christmas?” an overexcited maknae questioned the leader as he hopped over the back of the couch. Yong Guk looked at Zelo and shrugged with a grin on his face.  

“Not sure,” Yong Guk mumbled as he fiddled in his pocket, staring at the Christmas tree.

Zelo knew Yong Guk was lying. He smirked as he searched the older boy’s pocket and ran off with the small box he found. Yong Guk’s eyes widened at the maknae and he took off after the boy. Zelo stood on one side of the table while the older boy stood on the other side. Every time Yong Guk moved in one direction, Zelo moved to the other.

“You’re finally going to ask her aren’t you?” Zelo asked, grinning at their leader.

“It’s about time,” Himchan chimed in, joining the pair in the kitchen.

Yong Guk stopped and relaxed as he realized there was no point in lying to his friends. They would find out sooner or later, anyway.

“You’re going to ask Nara? Really?” Daehyun asked. Yong Guk nodded. By now everyone had made it into the living room.

“How are you going to do it? You know it’ll have to be special,” Youngjae sang as he peeked up from the couch.

“I don’t know…” Yong Guk mumbled.

Suddenly, Zelo’s face lit up signalling that he had come up with a fool proof plan. “I got it. Leave the planning to us and you just prepare yourself,” he announced as he handed the box back to Yong Guk.

Yong Guk eyed Zelo for a moment, but knew he could trust the maknae. Nodding, Yong Guk grabbed the box and placed it back into his pocket. Zelo grabbed the guys in the kitchen and led them to join the others in the living room. Gathering everyone around in a circle, he started to whisper. “This is how it’ll go…”

 

~*~

 

*Ring Ring*

A girl got up from her spot in bed and walked over to the windowsill to grab her phone. Staring out of the window, she looked at the beautiful falling snow and white scenery that surrounded her house. She grinned when she read who the text was from.

‘Annyeong, Nara. How are you?’

‘Annyeong, Gukkie. I’m fine and you?’

Yong Guk smiled as he read the nickname Gukkie.

‘Fine. Let’s play a game just like we used to. A scavenger hunt.’

Nara thought about it as she took a sip of her cocoa.

‘Okay! Give me my first clue!’

‘The place we first met. Have fun and don’t cheat. I promise there will be a big surprise at the end.’

Nara smiled as she thought about the clue. “The place we first met? That’s a bit too easy, Gukkie,” she mumbled to herself. Nara threw her red coat and black boots on, and made sure to wear the matching gloves. “Time to have some fun then.”