02

Best Enemies

"You like Shin Dong-mmph!"

Dongwoo looked up, his eyes wide when he heard what sounded like his name. He looked over his shoulder just in time to see a familiar figure tackling the young man beside him.

"So, the kid does like you." Jinyoung remarked.

"Sure," Dongwoo replied, looking at his best friend. "That's why he starts an argument with me every time we're together."

"I'm telling you, the kid wants you." Jinyoung grinned. "You should take him to your room, tie him to your bed, and-"

Chansik, his boyfriend, reached over and shoved a piece of bread into his mouth. "What he needs is to eat without you babbling about ."

Dongwoo shot him a grateful smile. "I knew there was a reason I liked you."

Jinyoung pulled the bread out of his mouth. "Don't agree with him! You're supposed to agree with me!"

"Excuse us, hyung. I need to talk to my boyfriend." Chansik said, standing up. "Come on, Jinyoung."

Jinyoung pouted and stood up with the younger man, following him out of the lunchroom. "Yah, Gong Chansik! I didn't do anything wrong!"

Dongwoo shook his head. "It's obvious who tops in that relationship." He muttered to himself. He gathered up his dishes and stood up to return them to the kitchen.

Immediately, he ran into Niel, who looked up at him with a startled expression. Quickly the younger boy's expression changed to careful indifference. "You're in my way."

Dongwoo felt his patience run out with the younger man. "I don't know what I did to you, Daniel. But it doesn't mean you can keep talking to me like I'm the dirt beneath your shoe."

The younger's full lips opened as he prepared to reply.

The older boy immediately spun around and walked to the kitchen.

****

"You do treat him pretty badly." Byunghyun said as they watched Dongwoo walk away.

"Shut up." Niel muttered.

"Why are you so mean to him?"

Something snapped inside him. "Because he's one of those spoiled rich kids who has things easy. Haven't you seen the clothes he wears? He wears the most expensive name brands I've ever seen!"

Byunghyun looked at him in disbelief, one dark brow arched up. "You don't like him because he's rich?"

"Ye- No!"

"That's what it sounds like."

"That's not the only reason!"

"Oh? Please tell me the other reasons."

Niel eyed the other man, not sure if he was being sarcastic or not. "It's not just that he's rich. He's probably never had to work for anything in his life!"

"So, you're jealous of him."

"Why would I be jealous of some obnoxious, spoiled rich kid?"

Byunghyun shook his head. "I'm actually disappointed in you, Niel. I never thought you would be so prejudiced against someone just because they have money."

Shame burned through him at the words. "I'm not prejudiced."

"You never gave him a chance." Byunghyun replied. "I preferred it when I thought you had a crush on him."

Niel trailed behind him. "I gave him a chance.."

"When? Every time I see you talk to him, you say something rude."

"Arasso, I'll stop being rude to him! Happy?" Niel stomped to his room before Byunghyun could answer.