Chapter 3- I Like You

All My Love is for You

MINHO POV:

By the time the lesson ends, I had barely taken in anything that I'd been taught. My mother had mentioned that she was a good teacher, and I would learn a lot. Maybe, but it was unlikely I'd be learning much with her as a teacher. 

When she finally closes the textbook, she doesn't look at me. Instead, she shoves her books into her bag and silently stands up to leave. I panick. "Wait! What's your name?" 

She smiles faintly at me again. "Sooyoung. Choi Sooyoung. See you later." And she dissapers, leaving behind only a faint aroma of jasmine and a page of homework on the table. 

I sit there for a few minutes, thinking. Choi Sooyoung? The name sounded familiar. And then it hit me. Of course. She was a senior, and she was always getting called up in assembly to receive awards. She was unbelievably smart, and the whole school knew it. 

I decide then and there that I would start dating her. She was perfect; smart, gorgeous, kind and well-known, although she had no friends. Yes, I would ask her next time she comes. 

SOOYOUNG POV:

It was dark out when I arrived home. It had only been a ten minute walk, yet I was breathless from the cold. My younger sister, Evangeline, was waiting for me as I stepped through the door of our tiny apartment where I live with my sister and mother. We were poor, but I was still able to attend the high-class Namsan High with my scholarship. 

Evangeline was crouched on the floor of our one-room, stirring kimchi in a rusted pan. Mother was probably out late selling noodles. She owned a small ramen streetside stall, and that was how she made a living. 

I drop to the floor next to the crouching Evangeline. Evangeline was only younger than me by two years, and attended Namsan High as well. She was in charge of the housework until mother and I arrived home from work. 

I reach forward and tucked a stray lock of her brown hair behind her ears. "Thanks, unnie." She beams. We have the same hair and eyes; our features are similar, and strangers would mistake us for twins. "What's for dinner?" I ask.

She rolls her eyes and stands up, dusting off her work apron. "The usual. Kimchi and porridge. So where have you been?" 

I hesitate, halfway through filling my bowl. "Do you know Choi Minho? He goes to our school. I was just tutoring him at his house." 

Evangeline stops dusting off her apron and stares at me, wide eyed. "Really, unnie?" She gasps, hands raised to . "I-I have a crush on Choi Minho!! He's in my class!"