Chapter 15- The Story of Us

All My Love is for You

MINHO POV:

I stand in my office, staring out the window at the  slowly darkening skyline of Seoul. The fluffy clouds are tinged with pink, melting into the twilight sky like fairy floss. Skyscrapers reaching upwards, slowly emptying out as people returned home from a long day at work. What a beautiful view. Pity I couldn't share it with that one special person... 

It has now been ten years from that day. That horrifying day where I'd helplessly watched Sooyoung dissapear without a word. It was history now, but I still shuddered from the memory of it, and it haunted me from time to time. My relationship with my mother had changed from that day onwards. Not that we had ever been close. But still, it hurt that she didn't want to see my face ever again from then on. We haven't spoken face to face in years. I couldn't blame her, but still. And as for Sooyoung...

I turned from the window, shaking off the painful memories. I was now a successful CEO of a well-known electronics company. Just like my mother had wanted, except now she didn't care what I pursued in life. She didn't care about anything to do with me anymore. I walked over to my desk and resumed packing my things. Everything on my desk was neat and ordered, reflecting nothing of my life. I was glad to be going home, to be away from the dullness of my office. 

Tucking my briefcase under my arm, I headed out, flicking off the lights. It was routine now, something I had been doing for years. As I walked past more offices, I called goodbye to my colleagues. Waiting for their reply. Another routine. I made my way down to the subway station, where I joined hundreds of other commuters as they made their way home. But today, I hesitated outside a flower shop and bought a bouquet of pale buttercups, wrapped in pretty pink paper. Today was a special day, after all. I smiled to myself as I stepped onto the subway, carefully holding the flowers in front of me, protecting them from being crushed by shoving bodies. 

20 minutes later, I was walking up the steps to my house. It was a relief to be home. The familiar comforts of home would be exactly what I needed after a tiring day. I heaved myself up the last step with a sigh. Reach out my hand and rap on the door with my knuckles. Waiting... Moments later, the door swings inwards, and there she is, my beautiful wife. "Happy anniversary, Sooyoung." I grin broadly and meet her with a hug, lifting her off the ground and twirling her in the air. She laughs, but quickly pulls away. "Darling, the baby." We both look down at her bloated stomach, its roundness hiding our awaited baby. 

I chuckle and kneel down, face level with her stomach. "Hey little person," I say softly, Sooyoung's stomach lightly. "Daddy's home. I can't wait until I can meet you. Any day, huh?" I direct the last sentence at Sooyoung and she nods proudly in answer. She's holding the bouquet in both hands, and now she looks at them, a smile on her lips. "Ah, you remember. Buttercups. My favourite." She whispers, and shakes her hair out of her face. It's dyed caramel now, almost blonde, and matches the buttercups perfectly. 

I stand back and admire my wife. She is wearing a loose shirt and track pants, her hair is pulled into a loose ponytail, she has rings under her eyes from sleep and yet she's still the most beautiful woman I've ever seen. She's as perfect as the day I first saw her, sitting innocently in my desk chair as my tutor. Back then, I had been clueless of the fate that awaited us, didn't know that ten years into the future we would be happily married and expecting a baby. Although it definitely hadn't been a smooth ride- we'd had to overcome several obstacles; arguments, money issues, blaming, even a tragic misscarriage which had left Sooyoung a nervous wreck. She didn't get over it for months. And she never talked about it again. 

 Of course, my mother hadn't approved. She'd been all too willing to share her objection. And she hadn't attended the wedding either. To this day, she and Sooyoung haven't properly "talked". But after everything we'd faced, we're now the perfect couple, living the perfect life. 

Sooyoung takes my arm and leads me inside. She places the buttercups in an empty jug and drags me into the living room. I'm amazed to see it decorated, with multicoloured streamers flowing across the room, and a giant banner that read, "HAPPY TENTH ANNIVERSARY MINHO!!" 

I laughed and hugged her again, ruffling her hair until it falls out of its ponytail. She giggles, a teenager again, and leans her head against my chest contentedly. My hands rest on her baby bump and we stand there, soaking in the moment. Suddenly, there's a knock on the door. Sooyoung breaks away and pads over to the door. "It's her!" She squeals, throwing open the door. 

Evangeline stands on the doorstep, grinning from ear to ear. She hugs Sooyoung, and waves at me. "Hey Minho!" She calls good naturedly.  As always, my heart skips a beat when I see Evangeline. Because seeing her brings back the bad memories. Me shoving her into a wall, a sickening crack, her pleading and me walking away from her. But Evangeline must forgive and forget easily, because she still smiles when she sees me, and treats me like a brother-in-law. I'm grateful for her kindness. 

Next to Evangeline stands a good looking male about our age, hands shoved in his pockets. He smiles at me, and something in his cheeky smile just makes me think of Evangeline. "Hi, I'm Evangeline's boyfriend, Myunsook." He announces. And for some reason, I feel really happy for them both. They're made for each other, I think. Just like Sooyoung and I are made for each other. 

We enter the living room and suddenly slow music is playing. I glance at Sooyoung, surprised. She's grinning at us, a music player in her hands. The music is slow and romantic. "Let's dance!" She cries, and grabs my hands. Already Evangeline and Myunsook are swaying slowly to the music, hand in hand. I falter. "But the baby. Carefu-" 

Sooyoung cuts me off, laughing. "Oh, live a little. Come on!!" She takes my hand and places it on her shoulder, then curls hers around my waist. Swishing her hip in time to the music, she leads me around the room. And then Evangeline and Myunsook dissapear as I get dragged into Sooyoung's world once again. We stare into each other's eyes, and I notice candlelight flickering in her eyes. I glance around and see Evangeline has turned off the lights and is lighting old fashioned candle sticks. 

Sooyoung studies me, smiling in thought. She reaches out a hand to my neck and undoes my bow tie, then throws it onto the couch. Leaning forward, she kisses the tip of my nose and closes her eyes happily. She looks like she's making a silent wish, and I think I know exactly what it is. 

The music fills my ears, and I feel warm inside. I'm hit by a sudden wave of love, for Sooyoung, our baby, Evangeline, even my mother. Because without her, I wouldn't have become who I am. 

My life had been planned out for me before I met Sooyoung. I had expectations to meet, people to please and, well, I was bored. But the moment I met Sooyoung, all that changed, and I started to push my boundaries. Suddenly my goal in life wasn't to become a soccer player; it was to please Sooyoung. Getting her to like me was my life ambition. And suddenly life had a meaning and in the end I became successful. And I even discovered that we're not related!! It's complicated, but somehow we weren't siblings. Funny. 

Meeting Sooyoung, my wife, wasn't an accident. It was fate. I believe Sooyoung and I were destined to be together, no matter what anyone thought, and... I wouldn't change that for the world. All my love is for you, Choi Sooyoung. 

 

-END OF STORY ~

 

 

{AUTHOR'S NOTE}:

Sorry guys, I might have changed the ending to a cliche. Oh well, it's a happy ending <3 I'm going to be writing another fanfic straight away but I'm not sure what. Can you guys give me suggestions?? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! :3 Again, thanks for reading ~ please subscribe and ... read my next fanfic?? Pwease? -does aegyo- GOMAWO AND THANKS FOR READING THIS LONG MESSAGE ~ BAII <333