Chapter 6- Snowy Love

All My Love is for You

MINHO POV:

All I can see out of the window is whiteness; snow rushes past as our car speeds along the highway, heading for school. Trees topped with fluffy snow, pathways covered in whiteness, two lone figures stumbling along in the snow...

"Stop the car." I ordered the chauffeur, lowering the window. A wave of cold air blasted into my face and I instinctively closed the window. But as one of the figures turned to stare at me, I hurriedly lowered the widow again. Sooyoung.

I motioned for her to get in the car, but she stays where she is, ankle deep in snow with the wind threatening to blow her over. A younger girl is huddled next to her, stooped down in an attempt to shield herself from the coldness. She is staring wide eyed at me, as if I had just threatened to kill her instead of offering her a lift. "Get in!" I shout, but my words are lost in the roaring of the wind. Finally, Sooyoung seems to reach a decision, and she nods to the other girl to get into the car. The other girl, whom I assumed to be her sister judging from her similar looks, hesitated for a moment, and seemed to be gesturing at Sooyoung to keep walking. 

Sooyoung firmly shook her head and approached the car. Shaking, she pulled open the door and slipped inside. She seemed tense, and throughout the whole car ride she sat as far away from me as she could. 

As she climbed out of the car to enter school, I reached for her arm and pulled her towards me. She quickly withdrew her arm and folded them into her pockets. Her sister, who was waiting for her outside of the car, drew a quick breath and stepped forward. 

"Could you... sit with me at lunch?" I stared deeply into her eyes as I directed the question to her, and she looked slightly uncomfortable. She cast a long, almost contemptuous look at her sister before nodding at me. I grinned and watched as she walked through the school gates. Her sister trailer behind her, shoulders drawn up to her ears, dawdling. She quickly looked back at me, then hurried through the gates. It was only for half a second, but I could swear she looked injured, almost betrayed. 

SOOYOUNG POV:

I was grinning stupidly to myself throughout the entire English lesson. It felt so surreal, like I had been dreaming; had Choi Minho really just asked me to eat lunch with him? I pinched myself once again, and smiled at the sharp pain that stung my arm. No, it was definitely not a dream. 

I walked out of class in a daze, feeling as if I had stepped off a roller coaster. I was going to lunch with Minho in a few moments! I ducked into the toilets to fix my hair and wash my face. 

Standing in front of the mirror, I studied my face. I was pretty, I guess. My sharp cheekbones, large eyes and smal mouth had always been my best assets, but I wasn't really that attractive to make Choi Minho interested, surely? 

Behind me, two girls were having a heated conversation in their toilet stalls. One of the girls was just saying," -not like I care, but he's just too GOOD for her. She's a nobody! I get that's she's pretty and smart-" 

Her friend cut in "No she's not! She's average. Anyway, I've had my eye on Choi Minho for a while now. How could he just break my HEART by making that ANNOUNCEMENT in front of the whole CLASS!! And did you SEE that Evangeline girl? She was CRYING!! I mean, it's her SISTER!!" 

I realised who they were talking about in an instant, and stepped out of the toilets before they could see me. So he had made a public announcement? Poor Evangeline! I speed walked to the cafeteria, head low. I could feel people staring and whispering about me as I walked past, and my face burned. 

As I turned the corner, I glimpsed two people having an argument. My heart raced as I recognised Evangeline sobbing as she clung onto Minho. My concern soon transformed to anger as I saw her tearily wrap her arms around his waist. What was she trying to do? 

Minho looked furious, and pushed Evangeline off him, into the wall. She hit it with such impact that her head slammed into the brick, and I gasped. She fell to the ground and lay there, looking up at him pleadingly. "Please. I love you." She choked, raising a hand towards him. 

He looked disgusted, and backed off. "You're pitiful!! I'll never look at you!" He spat fiercely, and walked away. 

I cast a last glance at my sister slumped on the floor, and ran away.