Chapter 2- My Secret Love

All My Love is for You

SOOYOUNG POV:

He stared back at me, his face unreadable. I shift my position nervously, still holding my smile. I hope it looked inviting and controlled, because all I felt was the nervousness eating away at me. Here I was, sitting shoulder to shoulder, in the deskchair of the best-looking guy in Namsan High. 

When Mrs Choi had offered me the job, I had leaped at the opportunity, as business had been slow lately. But when I realised who I was going to be tutoring, I felt a whole less excited and a whole lot more anxious. The reality: I would be teaching the guy who I had had a massive crush on for the past 2 years, the guy who didn't know I existed yet everyone in school knew about about. Choi Minho. 

An here he was, sitting so close to me that my skin prickled and my heart poor heart was jackhammering away in my chest. I had dressed up, perfumed myself and practised my lines in preparation for this moment, yet I was suddenly blank. 

"So, today I'll be teaching you some maths." Teaching you some maths?? He's not in kindergarten you idiot!! Say something intellectual. I cleared my throat and pushed on: "I heard that this is the area that you've had most difficulty in, and so we'll be starting off with the basics." 

I leaned forward, stab at the open page of the textbook and start explaining. After a few minutes of gabbled speech, I realise he's not taking in a word that I've said. Way to go, Choi. 

I glance apologetically at him, and find that he's not even looking at me; he's fidgeting with something in his lap. I bite my lip. "Minho? Choi Minho?" His name rolls out so familiarly off my tounge, probably because I've whispered it so many times while staring at his picture. 

His head snaps up and he looks at me, then quickly out the window. His face is red, and I curse myself for making him uncomfortable. Yet at the same time, I blush. He's so hot when he's fidgeting.