Chapter 1- When I Met You

All My Love is for You

MINHO POV: 

I knew I was in for it as soon as I saw the results of the examinations posted on the school noticeboard. "CHOI MIN-HO: 160th" Last place again. 

Blood rushing to my face, I stepped out of the crowd and tried to look as bored as possible. I sensed eyes staring at me, mocking me for coming last place yet again. I shrugged as the whispering broke out, and headed home, bracing myself for my mother's reaction. 

                                    ~~~~~

My mother was waiting for me in her study, arms folded across her thin chest, face pale. "Choi Minho," she whispered hoarsely, eyes piercing into me, " This is the fourth time this year. Fourth time! I have no words left." 

I hunch my shoulders, shame-faced. "I-I tried, umma. I really did, but-" 

She cut icily through my words,"Seeing as there won't be any improvement if I don't change things, I have hired a private tutor. She is in your room right now. She is said to be very effective, so I expect to see improvement. If not, I will see to it that you are sent to boarding school in Japan. Understand?" 

I nod numbly. I had been prepared for her to confiscate my phone, ground me or call my father. Anything would have been better than being trapped in my room with a tutor for hours on end, studying. It would probably be some boring old lady anyway, and my days would be spent on this torture. I sigh and stand up, cast my mother an injured stare and stomp out of the room. 

My bedroom door was open and fumed as I imagined an old lady in my room, sprawled across my bed, my things, scrutinising my posters, opening my drawers and nosing around. I burst in angrily, prepared for the worst. 

What I saw indeed shocking. An angel sat at my table, petite hands folded in her lap, eyes downcast and mouth stretched in an angelic smile. She looked young, only a few years older than me, and she was gorgeous. Her hair was long and brown, and cascaded like a chocolate fountain over her elegant shoulders. She had kind brown eyes and a gentle smile, and her teeth practically radiated. An aura hung around her, like a beam of light. 

I caught my breath as she turned around to face me, and raised a hand to wave. It turned out more like flapping my hands energetically, and my face burned crimson. She laughed, a high tinkling giggle, then patted the seat next to her invitingly. I slid eagerly next to her, and a wave of jasmine perfume hit me. I was nauseous. 

She opened and said, "Open your books. We're doing algebra."