Match Maker

I can't make you love me

“Great breakfast guys, who would like to help me clean up?” Suho looked around; everyone avoided eye contact, except for D.O, who accepted to help.

Everyone made their way to their morning duties, with an exception for others who went straight back to bed. Luhan waited for everyone to disappear, before he dragged Xiumin upstairs to their bedroom.

“Luhan, what’ wrong with you? You almost bruised me.” Xiumin broke free from Luhan’ tight grip.

“I’m sorry my dumpling. It’s just did you see Kris’ reaction when Kai said he preferred Kaisoo?! “Luhan closed the bedroom door, so no one could listen in.

 

“Not really.” Xiumin stared blankly at Luhan.

 

“I was too busy staring at you the whole time.” Xiumin smile grew wider at the thought of Luhan’ almost red face at that moment. Luhan batted his lashes, he thought Kris had nothing on Xiumin, Xiumin was the king of flirting now.

 

“Stop it Xiumin! I’m being serious here!” Luhan threw himself onto his bed and starred at the ceiling. Xiumin decided to follow Luhan’ motion and threw himself next to Luhan.

 

“I think Kris likes Kai.” Luhan shifted his body to face Xiumin.

 

“That’s nice.” Xiumin kept looking at the ceiling almost as if he didn’t hear a word Luhan was saying. Luhan took the pillow he was resting his head on and started pounding Xiumin on the face with it.

 

“You’re really slow today.” Luhan kept pounding xiumin with the pillow; Xiumin took the pillow a way from Luhan and gave a little payback. Luhan got of his bed, blocking his face from every blow Xiumin was dishing out, rolled onto Xiumin’ bed and took one of Xiumin’ pillows. Luhan rolled off Xiumin’ bed like some kind of soldier protecting his country and went head on to the enemy camp. This game played on for 20 minutes, until both their old bones gave in.

“Ok Xiumin, I’m really tired. Being half of 50 is no joke. Oh before I forget, I wanted to tell you that I think Kris is in love with Kai.” Luhan was breathing heavily and took his place on the floor.

 

“What, are you serious? Why didn’t you tell me this before?” Xiumin’ eyes widened. Luhan pinched Xiumin arm because he was being dumb, this is what he was trying to tell him the whole time.

 

“I have a plan to get those two together.” Luhan’ eyes started to sparkle, Xiumin knew this dangerous sparkle, and it usually meant trouble.

 

“I don’t think you should get involved, anyway how do you know Kai feels the same way about Kris? This is a bad idea.” Xiumin shook his head.

 

“Be optimistic for once. If you don’t want to know the plan fine.” Luhan rested his hands on his hips.   

 

“I don’t want to know. I love you and all that my sugar plum but usually when a 3rd person gets involved in issues between two people, someone always gets burnt.” Xiumin kissed Luhan on the cheek and made his way out, leaving Luhan to pout on his own.

 

“That face won’t work on me.” Xiumin closed the door and left Luhan on his own, Luhan jumped up and down like a little spoiled brat who didn’t get his way.

 

“I will see this plan threw, with or without Xiumin.” Luhan exclaimed

 

Kris came back from his trip, from the printing place carrying a large envelop. He went up quietly to his room. He opened the envelop and took out two pictures from the so called date he was on with Kai. Kris took some sticky tape from the dresser and stuck the pictures on the walls. He then looked at the dresser again and saw a chicken bone that fell off of Jongin’ plate the other day, he took the bone and stuck it onto the wall too.

 

“I really need more pictures of Jongin, where am I…” Kris had a brain wave, he quickly moved into Jongin’ room to look for more pictures, he let himself in and started going through Jongin’ stuff. He found a photo album and decided to have a look. The photo album had pictures of Jongin dating way back to when he was just a little boy. Kris couldn’t help but smile at the sight of Jongin in nappies. He quickly snapped out of his dream world and took the pictures he needed and neatly placed everything back into its place.

 

He went back into his room all excited and locked his door and went back to working on his master piece. He used the sticky tape to stick up the picture he had acquired. Some had D.O on them so he took a pair of scissors and removed D.O’ head from the pictures and placed his instead.

 

He glared at the blank canvas he had purchased at the art store. He knew what he wanted to paint. He took a paint brush, some paint and started painting, each gliding through the canvas, a true master was at work.  His name was Kris Picasso.

 

An hour had passed when he heard a loud knock.

 

“Who is it? I’m busy!” Kris got so frustrated he almost messed up his art. He didn’t take kindly to people disturbing his Picasso time.

 

“It’s Luhan. I have something very important to tell you.” Luhan was waiting patiently.  Kris got up from his seat. Looked around at the messy floor and then on his walls filled with dozens of pics of Kai. Kris thought Luhan would think he was a freak if he ever saw any of this. Kris quickly opened the door and then closed it behind him.

 

“Oh, why did you close the door? I wanted to speak to you in private.” Luhan tried to look over Kris shoulder.

 

“No my room is in a bit of a mess. I think it would be better if we spoke in your room.” Kris scratched his head. Luhan saw no harm in doing so, so he agreed and they went to his room.

Luhan offered Kris to seat on his bed; Kris set down and crossed his legs. Luhan sighed deeply then said: “Kris I don’t know how to say this.” Luhan looked all jittery; he was pacing around the room like a mad man.

“Well I spoke to Kai earlier, when you left. We spoke and he told me how he felt about you.” Luhan didn’t dare to look at Kris eyes because he knew that he was telling a fib.

 

“What did he say?!” Kris grabbed Luhan by his shirt, lifting him off the ground instantly and shook him violently back and forth.  

 

“Kris you’re hurting me!” Kris stopped shaking Luhan and placed him back on the ground. Luhan felt as if his heart was going to jump out of his chest.

 

“I’m so sorry. I just want to know what he said.” Kris adjusted Luhan’ shirt.

 

“Well I kind of promised not to tell anyone. If I tell you, you have to promise not to tell a living soul, not even Jongin himself.” Luhan stared at the over grown boy who looked desperate.

 

“I won’t, I promise.” Kris got on his knees, Luhan felt really bad now, he wished that what he was about to tell Kris had some truth in it.

 

“He told me that he really likes you and that he was too embarrassed to tell you.  He thinks that you are too cool and that you would never fall in love with a guy like him.” Luhan’ eye started to twitch, he tried to control the twitching but then his arm started twitching. Kris paid no attention to this; he was just over the moon now.

“Really!Really! I knew he loved me too.” Kris Squeezed Luhan’ twitching body in his arms and started kissing Luhan’ cheeks.

 

“Thank you Lulu! Your an angel, you have made my week, my year.” Kris started skipping around the room, Luhan had never seen a skipping guy before, he only knew that manly men could only jump around.

 

Luhan gave a nervous smile to Kris; he felt his whole body going cold.  He thought maybe this was a bad idea after all but then again he had never seen Kris in such bliss and so child like. He looked pour and innocent, a refreshing change from his cold guy image.

 

He told himself it was just a little white lie and no one would get hurt. Right?

 

Thank you for reading.