Truthful confessions

I can't make you love me

Things seemed very blurry, bright lights and tubes poking the young boy’s masculine but yet still fragile body. Jongin woke up to find himself in an unfamiliar environment but his judgment told him he was in a hospital. He was only glad that he was stuck on a hospital bed instead of being stuck on Kris’ bed.

 

Jongin lifted his head slightly higher on the pillow, so he could make himself more comfortable. Jongin heard a soft snore and was greatly startled, but soon he was greatly pleased. He turned his head towards the direction of the snoring sound and found that the sound was coming from a tired looking D.O. D.O was resting on an arm chair while using his own arms as his personal pillow. He had stayed up all night waiting for Jongin to awaken but then fell asleep by mistake.

 

Jongin giggled softly at the sight of his sleeping buddy. D.O woke up from the sound of giggles, all droopy eyed. D.O yawned, stretched his arms and rubbed his eyes.

 

“What’s so funny?” D.O asked his now wide awake friend.

 

“It’s just that your snoring is so cute.” Jongin chuckled again and D.O felt embarrassed by his friend’ kind comment. In D.O’ mind snoring is anything but cute.

 

“D.O can you please come sit beside me on the bed.”Jongin pointed at the vacant spot on his bed, where he wanted D.O to sit. D.O got up from his seat and set at the very spot his friend directed to him. Jongin shifted his body up and D.O tried to stop him from doing so but Jongin assured him that he was capable of sitting upright. Jongin shifted his body again so that now he was in a seating position. He stared at D.O gigantic eyes and sighed.

 

D.O felt a bit worried now, he didn’t have the slightest clue on what was bothering Jongin. Jongin’ heart was beating faster and his hands shaky.

 

“Are you ok? Do you want me to call a doctor or a nurse for you?” D.O looked worried as Jongin was exhaling slowly.

 

“No, please don’t. I want to…” Jongin extended his shaky hands to meet D.O’. Jongin placed his hands in D.O’ hands and held them tightly. D.O raised an eyebrow and had no clue of what his friend was doing.

 

“I’m really glad to have you in my life, I’m really sorry about the great trauma you had to endure yesterday. You… make me feel.” Jongin was literally sweating now and looked flushed. His grip on D.O’ hand was now even shakier.

 

“Jongin I make you feel like?” D.O searched Jongin’ eyes but Jongin shied away from D.O’ gaze. How was he supposed to tell his friend he had deep feelings for him? Feelings that he felt he couldn’t hide any longer. He was also afraid of being rejected by the one person who truly held his heart. What if D.O doesn’t feel the same about me? What then? All these thoughts made it harder to confess to D.O.

 

“Jongin you know you can tell me anything, right?” D.O squeezed Jongin’ hands and Jongin moved his gaze to meet with D.O’. Jongin smiled slightly and thought maybe he had to be brave and tell his friend how he feels about him.

 

“D.O I have something that I want to tell you. I’ve been waiting for a long time to tell you.” Jongin sighed again and stared at D.O, who was now worried again.

 

“Oh Jongin, I also have something I’ve been meaning to tell you for a long time too, but I didn’t know how you would react…So you can go first.” D.O gave a smile, Jongin was taken aback by D.O’ words. He thought there was a possibility that D.O wanted to talk about personal feelings they have for one another in a verbal context.

 

“Well D.O. I L…” Jongin was interrupted by a loud roar coming from s who didn’t even bother to knock first but came through the door carrying baskets filled with all kinds of treats for Jongin.

 

Jongin’ smile grew larger at the sight of the food his friends were carrying just for him, before his friend could even approach the bedside he could smell the greasy and most familiar smell of fried chicken. He spotted Baekhyun as the one who was bearing the fried delight. The chicken was in a beautiful casserole.

 

“Hey Jongin, I’m glad to see you up.” Tao smiled and gave Jongin a big panda hug. Everyone circled the hospital bed.

 

“Did we interrupt something? And why was Jongin holding your hands?” Suho raised an eyebrow, Jongin quickly turned dark red at Suho’ one thousand and one questions.

 

“Look guys, Kai looks darker than ever now.” Chanyeol pointed at Jongin and everyone laughed.

 

“I was just comforting Jongin, Junmyeon. Nothing is going on.” D.O stared at Suho, who shook his head in agreement to D.O explanation; with no warning at all, D.O’ mom launched herself towards her son and gave him a tight squeeze followed by a dozen kisses on his injured head. D.O tried to break free but his mum squeezed even tighter and kissed him even more.

 

All the members chuckled; Jongin threw his head back before letting out one of his famous laughs that caused his half moon eyes to close up. D.O truly felt embarrassed in front of s.

 

“Mom, stop it! My friends are watching!” D.O tried to explain.

 

“I was so worried when Junmyeon told me you went to the hospital! Oh my baby, come let me buy you something to eat! Are you okay baby? Does your head hurt?” D.O’ mom went on and on. Tao covered his eyes, he really felt embarrassed for D.O.

 

“Mommy now that I think of it, I am very hungry, let’s go eat.” D.O stood up and pushed his mother towards the door before turning to say: “Jongin we’ll finish our little chat later.” D.O smiled and Jongin gave a slight nod of approval.

 

Baekhyun made his way towards Jongin and handed him the casserole filled with fried golden chicken. Jongin dug in and Chanyeol tried to sneak a hand in but got a slap on the wrist from Baekhyun.

 

“Ah Jongin, I wanted to say I’m really sorry. If it wasn’t for me and my tall lies, you wouldn’t be currently lying on this hospital bed. You see I told Kris that you loved him back and that’s why he was acting all strange.” Luhan handed Jongin his goody basket filled with all kinds of chocolates you can imagine along with a get-well card.

 

“I know Luhan. Don’t worry, I forgive you. Just be more careful next time.” Jongin was in too much of a good mood to be angry at Luhan, especially now that his hands are super greased up from all that fried chicken.

 

Jongin his finger slowly, causing everyone in the room to swallow their own spit. Chanyeol his lips and Baekhyun pinched his arm. Sehun brought his favorite teddy dressed in a doctor’ uniform this time and handed it to Jongin.

 

“Whenever you’re feeling sick just know teddy will be there to nurse you back to health.” Sehun told his friend and gave him a hug. Everyone awed at Sehun’ innocent yet cute gesture, except for Xiumin who thought Sehun was putting this cute forth to win Luhan’ heart back.

 

“You cheesy bustard!” Jongin smiled and wiped away the tears of joy coming out of his eyes.

 

“Enough guys with all this love… so did Kris get the help he needed?” Jongin scratched his head.

 

“Oh yes! Hyunkyun admitted him to a private psychological facility owned by SM. He also released a public announcement on the web to all of our fans, saying that Kris has taken a break from EXO and his currently spending time with his mother. He also posted to the fans that you are in hospital because you had another waist injury during dance practice.” Suho dished out the information on the current hot topic and Jongin listened attentively to his hyung.

 

“I’m glad Kris’ getting all the help he needs. I was really worried about him and I was also worried about all of you guys.”  Jongin looked around his friends.

 

“Stop it you guys! You know how emotional I can get.” Tao started sobbing and mama Suho put his arms around his big boy.

 

“There there Tao, it’s ok. We are all just glad that you’re ok Jongin.” Suho moved from Tao towards Jongin and gave him a hug as well and soon enough all the other members huddle together around Jongin and hugged. Jongin was now overwhelmed with the amount of love in the room. He was a hot mess; crying so much and Tao didn’t make matters any better, Tao was also a hot mess.

 

The doctor knocked on the door before letting himself in the room and watching the EXO chick flick unfolding before his eyes and said: “Good morning gentlemen, it’s nice to see boys expressing their feeling towards each other. It’s very refreshing but I’m sorry to cut the reunion short but I have to examine Jongin.” The doctor explained and all the members nodded. They each bowed at the doctor who had to bow like nine times and got a bit dizzy. They all wave at Jongin before they disappeared.

 

After a few hours had passed, D.O returned into Jongin’ room and closed the door behind him slowly so he wouldn’t awake the now sleeping Jongin. Jongin heard D.O’ footsteps and opened his eyes.

 

“Hey. Sorry to wake you.” D.O climbed onto Jongin’ bed and whispered to his friend.

 

“It’s fine. I couldn’t really sleep anyway; I was too busy think about you.” Jongin went back to his sitting position. Holding D.O’ hands again. Luhan who was strolling around the hospital corridors, with an empty glass cup in hand. He was actually making his way towards the taps to fill the glass with water he was suppose to bring for Jongin, so that Jongin could take his meds.

 

When he was passing Jongin’ door making his way towards the taps he heard whisper coming from the room and thought it would be a great idea to listen in. He quickly placed the glass cup on the door and placed his right ear on the end of the glass and tried to listen. He was trying to make out what was Jongin saying to D.O and vice versa. 

 

Suddenly he felt someone’s hand slapping his bum, this caused Luhan to jump up and almost drop his glass.

 

“Xiumin!  What is wrong with you?!” Luhan turned and was surprised to see that it was Sehun behind him.

 

“Sehun, are you crazy!” Luhan was blushing now out of embarrassment.

 

“The really question you should be asking is not direct towards me but towards yourself! What are you doing anyway?” Sehun folded his arms and stared down at Luhan who only was surprised at how clean the hospital floors were.

 

“I was…never mind. How about some bubble tea for old times’ sake?” Luhan rubbed Sehun’ shoulder gently and Sehun gave in.

 

Luhan stood still for a moment and pondered. “Why don’t you get us some bubble tea, I will have to stay behind and get Jongin some water to drink. Don’t want him to miss taking his meds.” Luhan gave Sehun his best eye smile and Sehun gave in again and agreed with Luhan.

~

“D.O I just wanted to tell you something that has been eating away at me inside. Why is it so hard?” Jongin growled and D.O moved one hand to sweep Jongin’ bangs away from his face.

 

“Take your time, I’m listening.” D.O told Jongin in a gentle loving voice.

 

“D.O you have always been the one of my closest friends and we have grown closer ever since debut days. What I’m trying to say is that I like you a lot. Not just like you as only a friend, but I really really like you.” Jongin closed his eyes shut afraid, hoping he won’t get rejected. He was never this open about his feelings before and he felt that with D.O he could let his guard down.

 

D.O moved his other hand back to Jongin’ free hand and now was holding both Jongin’ hands. He took a deep breath, “Jongin, wow I didn’t know that you liked me in that kind of way. Well what I wanted to tell you is that…” Before D.O could finish his sentence. Suho barged in carrying two cups of coffee.

 

Suho grinned from ear to ear as he made his way towards D.O and handed D.O a cup of coffee. Suho wrapped his one arm around D.O’ ant size waist and started whispering into D.O’ ear. Suho’ actions didn’t look innocent in Jongin’ eyes.

 

“Stop it Suho! Control yourself! How many times do I have to tell you not to do this in public?!”  D.O tried to push Suho away from him, Suho kept giggling in D.O’ ear. D.O cheeks quickly turned to a dark rosy red color.

~

Luhan with his cup back on the door and his ear burning up as he tried to listen to the conversation. Luhan felt someone slap his bum again.

 

“Oh Sehun! Stop it!” Luhan was turned and was shocked that it was Xiumin this time, Xiumin looked beyond frustrated as he held up two cups of coffee and gave one to Luhan.

 

“I see that you and Yehet are rekindling things.” Xiumin pouted, Luhan rubbed Xiumin’ chin and then gave him a small peck on the cheek.

 

“Thank you so much for the coffee my sugar plum, my XiuXiu, my honey bunny. No! No! I’m not doing anything with Sehun. Seriously you’re the only one for me. You are really y when you mad, do you know that? Huh?’” Luhan poked Xiumin’ stomach and Xiumin’ pout quickly turned into a smile.

 

Sehun was about to make a corner turn towards Luhan, when he saw XiuHan being all lovey dovey. He looked at the two cups of hot bubble tea, took a quick sip and the tea scorched his tongue and he made a loud hissing sound.

 

“Are you okay? Does your tongue burn?!” Tao laughed out loud at the sight of Sehun in pain.  

 

“I see Luhan is enjoying his coffee with Xiumin, maybe he doesn’t like bubble tea anymore … but I would love a cup of bubble tea if you don’t mind.” Tao gave a sincere smile and Sehun handed him a cup and they both made their way to the hospitals cafeteria.

~

Meanwhile inside Jongin’ hospital room…

 

“Stop it Junmyeon! I was in the middle of a conversation with Jongin.” D.O exclaimed and broke free from Suho’ grip.

 

“Come on D.O don’t you want to play with daddy Suho?” Suho whispered into D.O’ ear and D.O punched Suho’ arm.

 

“Stop being such a pig!” D.O whispered back.

 

Jongin only watched this slide show in front of him. He was a bit confused now, and then something clicked in his mind. Suddenly the pieces were coming together. Jongin felt his body going hot then cold.

 

“D.O, please don’t tell me you and Suho are…?” Jongin shook his head in disbelief. Suho could only grin.

“It’s time D.O; we can’t hide it from them any longer!” Suho placed his hand on D.O’ shoulder.

 

“I can explain Jongin, I really wanted to break the news to you in private…I’m really sorry. I want you to know. Please come down.” D.O tried to reach out a hand to Jongin and Jongin flicked it away.

 

“I feel like a real fool right now! How could I trust you with my feelings, I shouldn’t have confessed my love for you. I knew you would break my heart.” Jongin hid his face under the pillow; so that they didn’t have to see him cry he never thought it would hurt this badly.

 

Hello guys, Thank you all for: subscribing, commenting and just reading my fic. I know things got a bit too fluffy in this chapter (o^___^o).  Love you all XOXO