Second chances

I can't make you love me

Before Kris could be ushered out of the front door by the officer, a faint voice, voiced out by saying:”No…Please…Let Kris go.”

 

Everyone turned sharply to stare at Jongin, who had now detached his oxygen mask to speak.

 

Tao beamed from ear to ear when he heard Jongin’ brief but soothing words. Officer Han scratched his head out of confusion, he thought he was called to the dorm to get someone arrested not to deal with little issues. “I’m afraid I can’t let Kris go.” Officer Han directed his words to the boys, who were now looking more confused.

 

“What! Why? I think we all heard Jongin, he doesn’t want to press charges against Kris!” Tao was fuming now.

 

“We can’t let Kris go because it wasn’t only Jongin who suffered under Kris' rage.” Officer Han narrowed his gaze towards a small boy who was sitting silently on one of the couches behind Siwon. Everyone turned their focus to the boy with the head injury, whose gaze was glued to the stained bloody carpet. D.O was silent but on the inside he felt like he could just run up to Kris and strangle him. Then again he thought it would be best to constrain his feelings of hate and disgust towards Kris in front of the officers.

 

“D.O! Please tell them to let Kris go! You’re our only hope!” Tao broke free from Luhan’ firm grip and was making his way towards D.O. D.O didn’t respond to Tao’ request, he just chose to start fiddling with his hands now.

 

“TAO! GET BACK HERE!” Luhan shouted, but Tao persisted and continued to make his way towards D.O. Siwon shielded D.O from Tao with his arms spread out to warn Tao not to step beyond this point.

 

“Sir please don’t move any closer, his still suffering from the head injury. So if you don’t want to also end up in jail, I suggest that you calm down and think this through.” Siwon looked into the younger’ teary eyes, Tao then gave a small nod and made his way back to stand next to Luhan.

 

D.O sighed and slowly moved his gaze from the stained carpet and directed his gaze towards the 10 boys he shared a home with; each and every one of them. He truly loved them all, like his brothers. D.O then stared at Jongin who was lying on the stretcher. D.O rose to his feet and went to Jongin’ side.

 

D.O placed his hand on top of Jongin’, he smiled at his dazed friend and Jongin returned a faint smile.

 

“Ok. Let Kris go.” D.O said sternly.

 

“D.O…You don’t …”

 

“Shut up Kris! I’m not doing this for you! I’m doing this for Jongin. He endured a lot of pain then me. His got such a big heart and sometimes I think it’s his biggest downfall, but I love him for that. All I’m trying to say is that I will not be pressing any charges against you Kris.”D.O looked into Jongin’ teary eyes and tangled his fingers into Jongin’ fingers.

 

“I’m sorry to do this but I really need to get Jongin to the hospital.” Yoona exclaimed and started pushing the stretcher towards the doorway.

 

“I’m coming along. Suho please tell my mom that I’m going to the hospital along with Jongin.” D.O turned briefly to look at Suho before rushing out.

 

“I will tell her.” Suho replied shortly.

 

Both paramedics made their way back to the ambulance along with the two injured boys. D.O set in the back along with Jongin, squeezing Jongin’ hand the whole time and smiling.

 

Siwon started the vehicle and Yoona climbed into the back to monitor Jongin. Sirens went off once more, red and blinding lights filled the dorm once more as the ambulance disappeared into the horizon.

 

“Ok, so Kris you’re free to go.” Officer Han placed his hand on Kris right shoulder. Tao ran as quickly as he could towards Kris and gave him a huge bear hug. Kris only smiled at the younger as he couldn’t return the favor as he was still bound by hand cuffs. Everyone smiled bewilderedly when they heard Kris was now a free man. Even though they were still feeling disappointed and frustrated towards Kris.

 

“Junmyeon do you want me to stay for a while?” Officer Han questioned EXO’ leader.

 

“No it’s fine officer. Thank you for your service. I think I know what has to be done now. You can leave Kris with us.” Suho stated as he bowed politely to the two officers standing before him.

 

“Are you sure? If you insist but I will feel much better knowing that he is still constrained by the hand cuffs. Here is the key Junmyeon and take care of these boys.” Officer Han bowed at Suho and then the rest of EXO and handed the key to Suho.

 

The officers made their way back to their vehicle of justice and drove off.

~

Worried eyes quickly turned to judging and cautious eyes.

 

“Guys, hmmm…well I was thinking what D.O and Jongin did was very brave, unselfish and well calculated. If it were to happen that Kris went to jail, SM could have been ruined and who knows about what would have happen to us all. So I think Jongin was unselfish enough to think of us first.” Suho kept talking while pacing around the lounge. Everyone took their respective seat around the lounge to listen to their leader while Kris stood near a corner with his gaze glued to the ground.

 

Xiumin pushed his small body between Luhan and Sehun. Stretched one arm over the couch before placing his arm over Luhan’ shoulder. “I think Kris needs serious help and as the eldest here, I think we should contact someone from SM we all trust…How about Hyunkyun?” Xiumin stood up and snapped his fingers together, realizing that his plan was somehow genius.

 

“I think that’s a really great idea, nice quick think there Baozi.” Luhan tossed his arms around Xiumin from behind.

 

“Thank you so much Xiumin. You just made my job a lot easier. Always nice to have someone else state their opinion on pressing matters.” Suho felt relieved

 

“I will contact Hyunkyun right away.” Suho went to make the call in the kitchen away from his chatty members.

 

Luhan kept staring at Kris from the corner of his eyes he couldn’t help but feel a little guilty for Kris’ rash actions. Luhan unraveled his arms around Xiumin and proceeded towards the giant standing by the corner.

 

“Hey” Luhan said in a soft tone. Kris remained mute.

 

“Ahh…I know why you did what you did. I can’t help but feel that I’m also to blame. I lied to you about Kai loving you back. I didn’t know things would…” Luhan rubbed his arm with his hand, and then Kris moved his gaze straight from the ground to Luhan.

 

“You’re sorry! You telling me you’re sorry! I trusted you! I trusted you as if you were my own brother.” Kris snapped at Luhan and shoved Luhan to the ground with his body weight. Sehun ran over to Luhan, who was lying on his back. Sehun stood between Kris and Luhan. Chanyeol quickly jumped off his seat and wrapped his arms around Kris’ broad shoulders, holding him back from releasing his frustration toward Luhan.

“I just called Hyunkyun and I told him the whole story. His on his way as we speak.” Suho made his way back to the lounge to find one boy lying flat on the ground and now two boys holding Kris back from Luhan.

 

“What the hell! Kris don’t tell me you’re fighting with Luhan now!” Suho was flabbergasted by Kris violent nature.

 

“I deserved it.” Luhan dusted himself off and stood up.

 

“You damn right! You ruined my one chance at true happiness.” Kris shouted into Luhan’ ear while trying to push Chanyeol and Chen away from him.

 

“If it weren’t for these hand cuffs, I would seriously show you how I really feel Lulu.” Kris growled.

 

“Enough!” A stern and familiar voice caused the whole feud to dissolve.

 

Everyone including the raging Kris turned to bow at their respectable and humble manager Hyunkyun. Hyunkyun was no smiles today, he meant business.

 

“Everyone take a seat. Firstly I would like to say thank you for trusting me with such a sensitive matter. I have contacted the top officials of SM and we had a little chat and have decided it would be best if Kris gets some psychological help. So we have arranged a private facility that will help Kris deal with is anger issues and obsessive behavior.” Hyunkyun folded his arms and leaned on one of the couches.

 

“So I already have a van waiting outside, the sooner we get Kris the help he so desperately needs the better, before fans and netizen start to notice.” Hyun stated.

 

“Will Kris be banished from EXO?” Tao asked.

 

“Depending on how well he cooperates with the treatment maybe the is a slight chance of him returning to EXO again. We also think it’s a good idea for you all to have a group counseling, especially Jongin and D.O. Kris are you willing to take the help SM’ offering?” Hyun turned to face Kris.

 

Luhan stared at Kris all wide eyed, feeling as if he should be also admitted to some loony house. Sehun wrapped one arm around Luhan’ shoulder and smiled. Xiumin watched Sehun’ actions from a distance and tried to avoid the jealousy that was overwhelming him.

 

“I accept…I accept the help.” Kris smiled at his manager and received a hug from Tao once more.

“Ok then it’s settled. Let’s go.” Hyunkyun lead Kris to the white van and opened the back door to allow Kris to climb in. Kris watched s from the small squared window and smiled at them.

 

“I promise to make you proud of me guys.” Kris shouted out to s and they all waved goodbye to him. “Especially you Jongin…

 

Hello everyone. Thank you for all your support. Been super busy >< Love you  all XOXO.