Embarrassed

Beautiful Stranger

“T-th-that g-guy...” Kyung stuttered softly. Out of confusion and shock, he dropped the metal pencil case that was in his right hand. The painful ringing sound of his pencil case hitting the floor made everyone jerk since it was really quiet. It startled him too. His pencils, pens and other stationeries went to dive onto the floor. Some palmed their chests to calm themselves while the others took a sharp intake of breath and hissed. Everyone slowly turned their heads to him and gave him a terrified-offended stare with their eyebrows knitted. Great, he has the whole class’ attention for no reason at all. Ms. Yoo simply shook her head.

“Sorry!” Kyung quickly responded to their reactions while bowing his head at them and frantically stood up to pick up his stuff, causing his chair to make another piercing sound. Everyone gave him the same reaction as before. They hissed loudly. Why am I so clumsy today?

“I’m sorry!!” he quickly apologized again as his face started heating up in embarrassment. 

“YAH PARK KYUNG!!” Jaehyo shouted at him then rolled his eyes at him.

Kyung mouthed a “sorry” at him across the classroom. Ms. Yoo shook her head again and gave him a disappointed look then reminded the class to hand in their worksheet on time. Everyone went back to what they were doing before. Instantly, he bent down to pick up his stationeries. The guy in front of him, whose name is Jiho, and Na Young, lent him a hand. He shyly thanked the both of them.

Kyung got back to his seat and exhaled exhaustingly. He lightly massaged his nape. Obviously he was too flustered to continue his worksheet. He was rude to the guy who he bumped into just now, the guy who he dirtied his clothes, the guy who he embarrassed in front of everyone in the cafeteria. What have I done… How humiliating.

“Okay, don’t forget to do page 14. Due date is tomorrow,” Mr. Kim reminded the class. It was also a signal that they can leave already. Everyone quickly made their way out. Kyung finished packing his bag then swung his bag on his right shoulder with the other strap hanging loosely.

“Na Young, wanna walk home with me?” Kyung nervously asked Na Young.

“Yeah, sure! I’ll ask Jaehyo and Ha Yi along, if that’s okay with you,” Na Young suggested.

Kyung nodded his head right away.

“YAH AHN JAEHYO, SON HA YI! HURRY UP!” she shrieked across the room and added, “And would you guys stop flirting in class for Heaven’s sake…”

Kyung glanced around the classroom and the first thing, or should he say person, which caught his eye was Jiho, since there were a number of his female classmates tailing behind him and Hanhae when they left the classroom.

“He really is popular, isn’t he… Must be nice to have a bunch of girls at your fingertips,” Kyung murmured to himself.

Kyung looked at the doorstep and apparently there were more girls outside the classroom, waiting for him. He raised his eyebrows and chuckled as he packed his stuff. What is he? The son of the President or something? He was really curious as to why this guy is really popular. 

The couple suddenly started mumbling stuffs about Na Young behind her back. Lucky for them, Na Young was busy complaining to Kyung about how much homework they had to even hear what those two were saying about her. All Kyung did was to simply chuckle at the way she complains. It’s sort of cute and a little funny at the same time.


The four of them walked out of the classroom. Kyung had his left hand in his pocket and the other holding tightly onto his right bag strap. Jaehyo had his arm around Ha Yi’s neck and Ha Yi had her arm around his waist while Na Young was walking beside Kyung, casually hooking her arm onto his. Kyung just gulped and let her do that since he didn’t really mind at all now. He was used to her sudden skinship.

“Oh right! How could we forget,” Ha Yi suddenly stopped walking and looked at Kyung. The three of us were puzzled. Then she continued, “We should show you around the school.”

“Ah good idea. You have some time now, right?” Jaehyo asked him, strongly hoping Kyung would say ‘yes’.

And then when Na Young and Ha Yi were chatting, Jaehyo whispered into his ear, “Check out the ulzzangs and pretty teachers while we’re at it.” He elbow-nudged him and gave him the cheesiest smirk ever. Kyung rubbed his neck, feeling awkward and just agreed.