Sorry, Noona

Beautiful Stranger

Kyung unconsciously kept shaking his legs from feeling extremely guilty for yelling at his sister few days back. He would’ve apologized the day after the small conflict between them but, as usual, either she’s not at home or he’s not at home. Well, today, she’s at home, and it was his only chance to apologise or he’d delay and delay and delay which would make the guilt inside of him grow and stab him to death sooner or later.
 
He breathed in and out heavily a few times to stable his breathing before he entered his sister’s study. 
 
 
“Ah noona~ I’m sorryyyyyyy,” Kyung rubbed his hands together and put on a pitiful face while pouting. It took him quite a whole lot of effort and courage to enter her study room, what more apologise. He’s been really scared of his sister since their parents left us. Since then, she became really strict as she’s responsible for him. Kyung really respects her since she sacrifices to take care of him, pay his school fees and stuff and shower him with love… although the way she does it is really unobvious.
 
He squatted beside her and whined a couple of times to get her attention. “Noona… Noona…”
 
“Get out, I’m busy,” she demanded Kyung to do so as she typed away on her laptop, creasing her forehead in frustration because of her work, and because of Kyung, annoying her.
 
Can’t she even give me a speck of attention? I just need a minute, dang it. What was it that made her so busy to even talk to me?  Kyung squinted his eyes to look at her laptop screen. A whole lot of words, probably reports and projects and stuff, stuff that he couldn’t understand. 
 
“Pssshhh, what are all those?” he rolled his eyes and mocked her before he chuckled a little as he pointed at the screen. 
 
“This,” she stopped typing and stared at Kyung deep into his soul. “is the reason we have a roof over our head. So shut up and get out unless you wanna live as a beggar.”
 
She took once last glare at Kyung and continued with her project or whatsoever.
 
“Geez… Relax, woman,” Kyung whispered under his breath as he got up and took heavy steps towards the door.
 
“What? Did I hear you right?” his sister turned and grabbed the sleeves of his shirt which made him halt and face her.
 
“Uhhh, nothing nothing,” he sneakily tried to undo her tight grip on his sleeve. 
 
“Oh, noona wait!” Kyung yelled and grabbed her arm before she went back to her seat. “Now that I’ve gotten your attention, would you please forgive me? Please please pleaseeeeeee.”
 
The frown on her face faded away. She let out a soft sigh and said, “Kyung ah, you know it’s rude, you know it’s wrong. So don’t ever yell at me again, got it? It hurts, and I’m sorry too, for not letting you know earlier, okay?”
 
Kyung nodded at her words. She placed her hand on his shoulder and gave it a little squeeze before patting his back to comfort him. Then she reminded him again about taekwondo classes that’s gonna happen the next day. He groaned and then hesitantly just said okay. Thank God she’s gonna send him there or else he would lose his way around the neighbourhood since it’s still pretty new to him. 
 
He left her study and closed the door behind him. Phew, he was so glad that huge fat pile of burden and guilt got off his chest. He palmed his chest and told himself hr shouldn’t ever fight with his only kin ever again. 
 
 
He slammed the door shut after his sister said, “Have fun”. Kyung waved at his sister and watched as her car disappeared from his sight before he step foot into the three-storey building. It looks really fancy, it looks like a place professionals would go to to train and practice and stuff. Since he was forced to be here, might as well try his very best to enjoy his time here. Kyung swung his heavy sling bag over his shoulder and went to the counter to confirm with the lady which studio and teacher he was allocated to. 
 
7:35pm. He had another 25 minutes before the lesson starts. He went to the changing room to change into the white uniform he got from the lady previously. He gotta admit, the taekwondo uniform made him look pretty good. He threw his bag and valuables into the locker provided and found that he still had about another 14 minutes. Kyung decided to go to the small canteen on the first floor to grab a small snack since he hadn’t had dinner yet. He munched on a steamed bun as he watched the huge clock ticking away. 
 
He got up to throw the wrapper into the bin about two tables away from him. He turned and noticed a few people in the canteen sitting about four table away from him. They were staring at Kyung. Kyung wasn’t wearing his spectacles so he couldn’t clearly see who they were. He glanced over at their bags, and something looked really familiar to him. A yellow keychain dangling on one of their bags.
 
“Could that be…” Kyung snickered at the stupid thought. “Nah, he wouldn’t come all the way here to find me, would he?” He tried to convince himself. But the closer he got, the more he realized he was wrong. 
 
It was Junhyung and the other two. 
 
Yes, the trio, the trio were right there.