First Day

Beautiful Stranger

Kyung stopped walking and stood there like a dumb kid. He tightened the grip on the wrapper and then swallowed the last bite of the steamed bun that he had been chewing on since forever. 
 
He had long forgotten about the trio as they hadn’t bothered him ever since the day Jiho saved his . It did seem a little weird that they didn’t bother Kyung anymore since then. But now, he was thoroughly afraid that all this while, this had been the calm before a storm. 
 
“Dooms day,” Kyung whispered. He told himself everything would be okay. Yes, today’s the day they should get revenge. It was about time. Okay, tit-for-tat, let’s end this today. He took such deep breaths a couple of times before he walked over to the bin, but as he got closer and closer to them, the trio hurriedly packed up their stuffs.
 
“Yah! Leave, leave, leave! It’s really him!” one of them said before he choked on his banana milk. He threw the banana milk carton onto the floor and packed up and then left together with the other two.
 
Kyung was taken aback by their actions. He gapped his mouth open and scratched his head. What the hell did I do? He shrugged and then hurriedly threw the wrapper away and ran up to the second floor since it was a little bit to 8 p.m. 
 
There were already a few students in the studio when Kyung stepped in. He awkwardly greeted and bowed to everyone in the room. He walked towards an empty spot and sat there while waiting for some others to arrive and for the instructor to kick start the lesson. 
 
The studio was really cool and modern. It had really huge mirrors occupying the whole wall on one side of the room, like those in ballet. There were certificates framed up on the wall. It was kind of impressive. 
 
Like everyone else, he started to do some simple stretching while waiting. Kyung would’ve been shuffling between the channels on T.V right now at home, with his feet propped on the coffee table while waiting for the ‘ding’ to go off from the microwave with fresh lightly salted popcorn ready to fill the house with the wonderful smell of fresh popcorn. He let out a soft sigh while he squirmed a little on the spot as he changed his stretching pattern. 
 
“Okay, we’ll start the lesson really soon. Just one more student is on his way here,” our instructor, Kim, that was what he told them to call him, said. Kim was really chill, he gave them a vibe that made them feel relaxed and comfortable. Probably one of the coolest instructor they have met or will ever meet. He had cornrows and Kyung thinks that was what made us think he’s cool. 
 
Glancing around, it was a small group of just them, guys, with just a total of 9 students, including Kyung, while waiting for the other student.
 
Right at that second, someone stepped in. He took huge steps towards Kyung’s direction. He sniffed and the cologne the guy was wearing smelled so familiar. As he was recalling where this smell was from that was buried in his memories, he felt a swift pat on my back. Everything he had recalled was washed away in a millisecond.
 
“Yah! Park Kyung! You go here too?!” Jiho exclaimed with a really bright expression on his face. 
 
“Oh? Jiho?” Kyung watched as he crossed his legs and sat down. “Yeah, I go here too,” Kyung replied, not feeling as hyped as he was, that someone he knew was in the same lesson slot as he was.
 Ugh, what is this guy doing here, in this beginner's class? Why is he even in the same class as me? What the- just- WHY?!
 
“Great, I have a friend!” he elbow nudged Kyung.
 
Kyung could feel how awkward he was when he half-heartedly said all that to break the silence between the both of them.
 
“Alright, now that everyone’s here, let’s start with a simple warm up, shall we?” Kim said before he tightened the belt around his waist.
 
Kyung groaned, wishing that time would past so quickly that he wouldn’t even realize it.
 
“Why? Don’t you like taekwondo?” Jiho voiced out as they were warming up since he noticed the dull and spiritless expression Kyung had on his face. 
 
“I never had any interest,” he coldly replied. 
 
“I see. Then why did you sign up fo-” he nodded, then replied but got cut off by Kim.
 
“Okay, shall we move on to the basic techniques?” Kim signaled. 
 
Kyung silently thanked Kim for interrupting Jiho’s question.
 
__________________
I am really sorry I didn’t update last week like I promised. There’s nothing I can do except apologise, really. Thank you, and sorry, for waiting. I really appreciate it.