Dude In Front

Beautiful Stranger

“I- I’m really sorry!” Kyung said repeatedly as his voice quavered while bowing at him.

Kyung was standing in front of him, staring at the floor. He didn’t dare to look up. He felt his forehead starting to moisten due to the droplets of sweat forming on it. Kyung gulped although his mouth felt really dry. His heart beat was increasing rapidly as he fiddled with his fingers. Who is this guy who I’ve offended? Is he a bully? A senior? A well-known student in the school? All Kyung knew was that he was a really good looking person. His thoughts were driving him off the cliff. Who on earth is he!?

Everyone in the cafeteria was exchanging glances at each other, asking what’s going on. It was really quiet.

That guy let out a laughter and clasped his shoulder. . What does he want now? Can’t someone just be a hero and save me already!? That guy bent down so he was on the same eye level as Kyung and said, “Hey, it’s okay. Are you… alright?”

“Eh? W-what?” Kyung asked and looked straight into his dark brown and gentle eyes.

He assumed Kyung was okay. He gave him the most comforting and sweetest smile and strolled out of the cafeteria, leaving him dumbfounded.

“Hanhae, could you get me some tissues, please. Sam* would kill me for this,” Kyung heard him saying to his friend while he was walking away with a bunch of girls tailing him at the back.

“Oppa, are you okay?” one of them said with full of aegyo while looking at that guy’s face with her eyes opened so big probably so that she looks much more attractive to him.

“Aigoo our dear Jiho… Such bad luck!” another added while brushing off the bits of rice on his uniform.

Who is he? Why is everyone worshipping him or something? Everyone went back to their own business when that guy left the cafeteria. Kyung was drowning in his thoughts until Na Young came up to him and started asking, “Kyung, what happened? You okay? Did you get hurt?!”

Hurt? Why would I get hurt? Kyung dazed for a few seconds and said, “Nope, I’m fine! You go ahead and eat with Ha Yi and Jaehyo first. I’ll go to gents.”

Na Young gave him a worried look but Kyung gave her a reassuring smile. 

 


“Is everyone here already? I’m going to start the lesson after taking your attendance so prepare and take out your books.” A pretty female teacher said with a firm voice right when she stepped into the class. No one answered her though. She scanned the class and obviously there were still empty seats.

“Where are these rascals… They are never on time.” she complained as she ticked the little boxes on the attendance sheet.

Looking at the books in her embrace, Kyung was pretty sure she’s their Mathematics teacher.

Couple of moments later when he was looking through his bag for materials needed for this lesson, he heard footsteps which meant a few people had just entered the classroom. He didn’t bother looking up since he was busy finding for his stuff. From his sight he couldn’t tell who they were but what he could tell was that 3 guys entered.

“G’mornin’ Sam*,” two of them snobbishly greeted the teacher and went to their seat without bowing.

He looked up out of curiosity. Who would dare to be so bad-mannered towards a teacher? He raised his eyebrows and stared at them as they took their seats. They deserve a kick on their face… Kyung just sighed disappointingly and went back to hunt for his materials in his bag.

“Good morning, Ms. Yoo. Sorry I’m a little late,” the other one bowed to the teacher after that and swiftly took a seat in front of him.

It’s the guy who couldn’t care less. Who knew he’d be a polite dude? Oh well, like they say, ‘don’t judge a book by its cover’. Kyung was sort of curious as to how he looked like but he was more interested in finding his stuff.

In the middle of the period while we were completing our worksheets, the guy in front of him grabbed his bag and placed it on his lap. He dived his head into the bag and searched for something.

“Where on earth is it!? Damn it!” he whispered under his breath, loud enough for Kyung to hear. He peeped under the table and looked around him, hoping to find it. He groaned and finally gave up.

“Hanhae, lend me a pencil,” he hinted at the guy beside him. He sighed when Hanhae said he didn’t have an extra.

“Lend him a pencil or a pen, whatever, just lend it to me,” he asked Na Young, and again, she didn’t have any since she was using one.

“Yah, you, new kid, you have any?”

“New kid? What the… I have a name for your information,” Kyung told to him without making any eye contact. He didn't bother to do so to a rude guy.

Kyung simply clicked his tongue then rolled his eyes. He picked up his metal pencil case and took out a pencil. Kyung nudged him by kicking his chair and had his left hand up with his elbow supporting them on his table.

He turned, took the pencil from Kyung’s grip and said, “Thank you!” then turned back to the front.


Kyung moved his eyes up and caught a glimpse of the stained pocket on his uniform before he turned to the front. Oh God, it’s him.

 

_____________________

sam = short form for teacher in korean