Weak

Beautiful Stranger

Kyung’s point of view
 
Kyung ended up in the toilet. Panting. He slammed the door, quickly glancing through the small toilet checking if there was anyone. He went back to the door and locked it. He went into a cubicle, threw his bag far away from him and slide himself down behind the door once he closed it. He was breathing as if oxygen was scarce at that moment, in that little cubicle that was enclosed by dull grey walls filled with vandalism to the brim.
 
Frightened. That’s the word. He was frightened. It was really unexpected for him to be frightened, for the fact that this feeling is familiar. Kyung wiped his sweaty forehead on the sleeves of his crumpled uniform. He gathered his legs towards his chest and hugged them. He hung his head low and asked himself why this has to happen again. Was he an easy target? 
 
He stayed that way for 14 minutes or so. When he have finally calmed down, he got up, looked around him as if he didn’t know where he was. Kyung stood up and cracked his spine, feeling pain on his lower back. His back was aching all over. He stumbled a little and unlocked the cubicle door, dragging his bag and himself out of the cubicle. He leaned onto the sink, letting his body depend on it for him to stand. He looked into the mirror and examined himself. His face wasn’t bruised but it was pale. His lips were pale. His eyes were swollen. His face was glistening with perspiration. His hair was in a complete mess. He looked horrible.
 
He the tap and stared into the sink, watching the water flow endlessly which whirled around the sink, not knowing where its gonna end up. Kyung sighed, cupped his hands under the tap to collect water and splashed his face with it. His head... it was empty. He didn’t think about what happened to Jiho after he left, whether he’s gonna get beaten up, or was it the other way round. He doesn’t know. He doesn’t care. All he wanted to do was just fall on the spot and never move again. But he can’t. Feeling only slightly refreshed, he stared into his own reflection again.
 
“I guess transferring isn’t the answer, huh?” Kyung chuckled. “What a fool I am to think it is the answer.”
 
He the tap again to wet his fingers a little and tried styling his hair again, at least making it look neater than before. So then he started thinking. Why is Jiho helping him? The most popular dude is helping him. Whatever for? He had never even had a proper conversation with Jiho before. He doesn’t know Jiho, Jiho doesn’t know him, why is he doing this? Weird he thought. Kyung brushed off the thoughts in his mind by telling himself maybe it’s just luck that someone saved him just now. 
 
Home. Finally. He kicked his shoes off his feet, not bothering to even remove his socks and just enter the house and then go straight to his room. He haven’t seen his sister for the past 3 days. When she’s home sleeping, he’d be in school studying. When he’s at home and already in bed, she would just return home from work. He missed her. A lot. Anyway Kyung was used to this. 
 
He was too tired to eat dinner. No, he was too tired to do anything. He managed to force himself to wash up and change out of his uniform. It was only 8pm yet Kyung was feeling so exhausted, mentally exhausted. So exhausted it made him feel weak. He had nothing to do tonight. All he had left to do for the day is to rest. So he decided to head to bed early that night. 
 
He lied in bed, staring at the ceiling. For some reasons, his mind refused to think about the three bullies. He had nothing to worry about. Nothing to care about. Just because he was too mentally exhausted. He tossed and his bed. 2 hours have passed. Well that was quick. Now his head was hurting because he couldn’t fall asleep. 
 
He started thinking of Na Young because she texted him ‘Good night Kyung! Sleep well <3’. Then he started thinking of Ha Yi and Jaehyo. He smiled to himself, they’re a really adorable couple. Must be nice to date, but too bad he didn’t want to date at all during high school since he wants really good grades. But Kyung can’t deny, there’s a lot of pretty girls in his school. Anyway he really missed Na Young and Hahyo couple so much. These past few days he didn’t get to hang out with them except during our break and a brief moment after school. 
 
After much thinking, Kyung finally fell asleep. It was more like a nap.
 
But he got up again at 4am.