Chapter 8

Always and Forever

Author’s POV

As days go by, Hyun Joong and Young Saeng got closer and closer. Everyday, they accidentally meet at the rooftop. Well, accidentally? Maybe no because Young Saeng knows that Hyun Joong is always going there and he goes there whenever he is free, hoping that he would see the man that he always wants to be with.

One day, Young Saeng has his day off from the training. He lies down on his bed, bored and thinking about Hyun Joong. He found it strange but lately, that man’s picture was always on his mind. He always finds himself smiling whenever he thinks of him. He thought of something suddenly that made him stand up from his bed and made his way directly to their kitchen. He’s thinking of him so much that he never realized that he is already making snacks for him.

After packing the *kimchijeon he made for him, he thought to himself why he made the snacks. “Whatever, I already made it. I’ll bring it to him.” He said, smiling while thinking that Hyun Joong will be the one to eat what he made. After that, he ran to his room to change. Soon, he left their house and head to the TV station. KTS is just a hundred meters away from his home and so he decided to just walk.

As he is walking, he remembered that day when he saw Hyun Joong alone in the rooftop for the first time. It was a fine, sunny day that day..

 

**flashback

Young Saeng’s POV

I saw him leaning to the edge of the rooftop. He is just looking at the beautiful scenery right in front of him. I walked near him.

“Annyeong Haseyo, director.” I greeted him formally while bowing to him. I saw him got shocked a little and smiled realizing that it was just me.

“Ne, annyeong haseyo.” He greeted back while also bowing.

“Why are you here, director?” I asked him, curious as he is supposedly on his office working.

“Nothing. Just enjoying the fresh air here. This place keeps my mind fresh.” He said looking at me, smiling.

“Aren’t you working?”

“I am. I just come here whenever there is no work to do.”

“Ah ne.” I answered, nodding.

“So why are you here? Don’t you have training?” He suddenly asked me, his gaze still on me.

“I have. It is my free time until 2.”

Like that, we have started talking about things. About his life, about my life. We have started being friends like that until his hand phone rang.

“Excuse me for a while.” He excused himself, placing the hand phone on his ear.

“Ne.” I answered, nodding.

After a while, he came back.

“Young Saeng-ssi, my secretary has called. Mianhaeyo but I need to go now.”

I chuckled. “That is nothing, director.” He smiled, I died. He has a perfect smile. Aigoo. Why am I sweating?

“Young Saeng-ssi, kwenchana?” It seems like he noticed my sweat. Shoot.

“D-de. I am fine.” I answered, faking my smile. He just smiled at me.. again. My sweat tripled and so I fanned myself. “Why is it so hot today? Aigoo.” I said out loud, making the weather an excuse to hide what I am feeling. He laughed at me. I took it as a sign that he believed in my excuse.

“Okay, I am going now. Goodbye now.”

“Ne. goodbye, Hyun Joong-ssi. See you again.” I told him, waving at him.

That was the day that I felt something weird inside me. I felt so happy when I am with him. Well, I always felt so weird whenever he is around. I felt this way on that audition day when he pulled me up here in this rooftop. Sigh. Whatever it is, this is also the day that I recognize that I really am feeling something weird. Ah molla! As for me, I enjoy his company and I am going to go here during my breaks from training.

**

Author’s POV

The man smiled to himself as he noticed that he is already in the front of KTS. Young Saeng made his way directly to the rooftop as he is shy to go to Hyun Joong’s office. As he reaches rooftop, he saw a back figure of a man, leaning to the edge of the rooftop. He smiled as he recognized right away that the man was indeed, Hyun Joong. Young Saeng tiptoed his way to Hyun Joong as careful as he can so he’ll not make any noise. The moment he reached the man, he grabbed one of his arms and shouted a loud “AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH” near his friend’s ear which made the latter also shout and hold his chest in shock, face looks so horrified as if he just saw a ghost. Young Saeng laughed loudly at Hyun Joong’s reaction.

“Aigoo. Aish! YA! Young Saeng! You scared me!” Hyun Joong hit Young Saeng’s arm lightly and also laughed with him.

“Hahahaha. H-Hyun Joong, if you j-just saw y-your expression! Hahahaha. Daebak!!” Young Saeng continued to laugh endlessly. They both laughed and laughed until Hyun Joong realized that it is Young Saeng’s day off today.

“Young Saeng-ah, isn’t today your day off? You are supposedly resting at home.”

“Aniya. It’s so boring at home. My mom still won’t talk to me. There’s no one to talk to.”

Hyun Joong looked to him suspiciously and said, “You just want to see me, right?” He teased Young Saeng which made blood rush up to Young Saeng’s cheek.

While still blushing, Young Saeng shook his head hardly and said a firm no. Hyun Joong just smiled at his friend’s reaction and looked at his friend’s hand. He noticed that his friend is holding something.

“Young Saeng-ah, what is that?” asked Hyun Joong while pointing to his friend’s hand.

“Ah this? This… is nothing.” Young Saeng answered, blushing more while looking down on the floor.

“Nothing? Omona, is that a lunch box?”

“An—“ before he could answer, Hyun Joong already grabbed the lunch box that is wrapped in a white cloth, excitedly opening it.

“KIMCHIJEON!! Ya Young Saeng, does someone owns this??” Young Saeng just shook his head no.

“Can I have it? Can I? Can I?” Young Saeng then looked up to him. He never knew that Hyun Joong would be like this just seeing the snacks he brought for him. Young Saeng  just stood there, surprised at his friend’s action.

“Ne, you can. Actually, that is for you.” Young Saeng said while scratching his head a bit. Hyun Joong looked to him and hugged him, without realizing what he’s doing.

After a minute, Hyun Joong is still not letting go of his hug to Young Saeng and so Young Saeng cleared his throat which made Hyun Joong realize that he is indeed hugging Young Saeng. Once he had realized it, he let go of Young Saeng and uttered a sorry and they both blushed, while both hearts racing. Hyun Joong faced the other side to prevent his friend from seeing the blush that has formed on his cheeks.

“Kwen-ch-chana.” Young Saeng stuttered as he can still feel his heart beating fast.

“C-can we g-go to the o-office to have s-some coffee with this?” Hyun Joong invited his friend, stuttering. Young Saeng accepted the invitation with delight. They started walking while Hyun Joong is still not looking at him. The blush on their faces is not yet fading away.

As they reached the office, Hyun Joong immediately went to the coffee maker to make some coffee and to break the awkwardness that was overwhelming the two of them. However, while Hyun Joong is making the coffee, Young Saeng remembered something.

“Ah, matta. He is still not teaching me how to do the coffee.” Young Saeng mumbled and so he went to the coffee maker beside Hyun Joong. Whenever Young Saeng wants to learn anything, he will forget everything, even the awkwardness between them just a few minutes ago. He stood up and walked towards his friend.

“Hyun Joong-ah, you still hasn’t taught me how to make the perfect coffee.”

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

I startled when I heard him talking and saw him walking towards me. Damn this!  He really looks so beautiful! Wait, what have I just said?

“Kim Hyun Joong!” I came back to my senses when I heard him shout my name while waving his hand in front of my face. I shook my head to clear the thought that passed by my mind a minute ago.

“D-de?”

“Aish! Why are you even looking at me with that face?” He asked me, poking my cheek with his pointing finger. I chuckled.

“What are you saying earlier?” I asked.

“I am telling you that you still aren’t teaching me how to do the coffee.” He repeated himself.

“Aah. Ne. Keure, just put boiling water here up until here and insert the filter basket. After that, fill it with ground coffee.” The whole time that I am showing him how to make the coffee, he is just nodding and nodding.

“Done. That’s how you do it.” I said while smiling so widely.

“Arasseo arasseo. Next time, I’ll be the one in charge of coffee, okay?”

“Your choice.” I told him while pouring the newly brewed coffee in 2 cups. After that, I lead him to the couch once again to eat.

“Young Saeng, did you cook this?” I asked, curious of who made the snacks.

“Of course! My mom is still mad at me and no one will do that except me.”

“Oh. Where did you learn to cook these?” I asked him stuffing my mouth with it.

“My mom taught me to do that. You know, we own a ddeokbokki stall and my mom is an expert cook. She—“

“YOUNG SAENG!!” I shouted, both eyes widely opened.

“W-wae?? Is it bad? Hyun Joong ah, kwenchana?” He asked me worriedly, patting my back continuously. I saw him quickly running to get some water and hurriedly handed it to me. He is too worried that my heart is melting. I don’t know what this feeling is but it is really warming my heart. I never experienced this feeling in my entire life. Just now, this foreign feeling inside me is overwhelming me. I sipped some water before continuing to talk.

“Young Saeng ah. It is not like that.” I chuckled as I told him seriously.

“It is just that this food reminds me of my grandmother so much. Do you know that kimchijeon is my grandmother’s specialty? She loves to make this. And you just made it the way she used to make it.” I continued, amazed with my friend’s cooking.

“Oh really? So you must be fond of eating that, right?” He asked.

“Not exactly, Young Saeng ah. She died when I am 10 so no one’s cooking this for me. My mother never learned how to cook and so was my sister. Aigoo. You really made me happy this day, Young Saeng.” With an uncontrollable happiness, I closed as much gap as possible between me and him.

“Young Saeng-ah, can you make me this food whenever you can?” I asked him still hugging him.

“Of course, my friend. My pleasure.” He told me. My heart never stops beating so wild.

“Komawo, nae chingu ya.” I said as I let go of my hug to him. I am now looking at his oh so beautiful face, tracing his eyes down to his nose and to his lips. Darn! It is amazingly perfect! My heart beats wild as I look to his lips. As I noticed my face getting closer and closer to his face, we both startled as we heard a knock on my door. I came back to my senses and told a sorry to my friend.

“It’s alright, Hyun Joong-ah.” He told me, smiling. I blushed and so I cleared my throat to erase the once again awkwardness that I made.

“Come in.” My secretary came the moment I told that.

“Director, your sister is here.” With that, I stood up and told my secretary to let her in.

“Oppa, let’s go out. Pali! Oh there’s someone here. Annyeong Haseyo.” She said and bowed as she noticed Young Saeng.

“Ah ne. Annyeong Haseyo.”

“I am his sister. His baaabyy sister. Kim Young Mi imnida.” She said with her baby voice while clinging to my arm.

“Ne. I am Heo Young Saeng. Bangabseubnida.”

“Mworagoyo???” She said, shocked of hearing his name.

 

 

***

*kimchijeon - kimchi pancake

 

Heh. So the sister is there. ^^

 

Thank you for the comments on the previous chapter. You pretties made my day. *smiling from ear to ear* I am so satisfied with the reactions. Hahaha.

Alright pretties, forgive me for not updating last Thursday. I am oh so busy. :((( Aish. These days are pretty much killing your dear author-nim.

Anyways, I still am not sure if I can update regularly but I promise that I will be updating whenever I have a free time.

And. Is there anyone here who can make a banner of the story? Haha. Okay I admit. I do not know Adobe Photoshop. Sigh. If anyone here knows how and can give me a banner, I promise I'll let you have an appearance on this story. Haha. *blushes and hides* Thank you in advance, pretties!

Okay, as always, see you all on the next chapter! ^^