Chapter 3

Always and Forever

Young Saeng’s POV

Today is another beautiful day for me. Today feels so good and so I am humming to myself while making 4 servings of ddeokbokki. I am alone today for my mom said that she’ll rest as she is not feeling well.

“Jogiyo, how much should we pay?” A female student suddenly asked me, smiling.

“Oh. You had 5 servings, right? That cost 12,500 won.” I answered, giving back the smile, showing my dimples. I heard the 4 girls with her squeal, giggle and comment saying “Awwww. He’s really cute. No wonder that a certain someone really likes him”.

“Ya! Be quiet.” The female student yelled at her friends and I saw them frown a little but smiled afterwards. “Here is the payment, Young Saeng-ssi.” She said with a blush on her face. I was shocked for I don’t know where she got my name from but I didn’t mind it.

I chuckled a little and get the money on her hand. “Ne, kamsahamnida. Please come again.” I told her. With that, she bowed and they left.

As I am serving the newly arrived customers, I heard Kyu Jong shouting my name.

“YAA! You’re too loud. There are customers here.” I scolded him jokingly and we both laughed.

“So why are you here?” I asked him.

“Aigoo. My bestfriend is not happy to see me.” He said as he pouted.

I ruffled his hair and say, “You are too sensitive.” while chuckling. He also chuckled.

“The reason I came here is because of this.” He said as he pulled out a paper on his pocket with an advertisement printed.

My eyes grew wider as I saw that there is an audition in a television channel. I grabbed the paper he’s holding and read the contents.

“Are you an aspiring singer? Do you want to earn big? Do you have all what it takes? Then, join now. We are in search of a singer who would be singing for our new project, Sky is the Limit. The audition will be held at KTS broadcasting network located at Gangnam Seoul, South Korea on June 14 at 9 AM. Please look for Mr. Park Jung Min.”

“OMONA!” I exclaimed and hugged my bestfriend which made the customers look at us. We both blushed and bowed to them. I pulled him to one of the chairs and I made him sit down.

“Kyu, where did you get this?” I asked him.

“It just flew. Maybe it’s destiny.” He said winking to me.

“Aigoo.” I said as I know that this person would do everything to help me. I know that he again took the effort of searching auditions for me. He always believes in me, in my voice.

“So? Will you grant the wish of your number 1 fan and do him a favor of joining there?” Kyu asked me. I smiled as I nodded happily.

“So this is tomorrow, right?”

“Ne.”

We both laughed. “I’ll treat you a serving of ddeokbokki today.”

“Can you make it three?” He pleaded.

“Oh sure, my dear bestfriend.” I answered as I walked happily from him to make his ddeokbokki.

--

It’s already evening. Time to close the stall. Once again, the audition got to my head. I thought about it again as I am humming a song that was sang by my favorite singer. Jamkan, KTS is where the audition will be held right? Then I’ll get a chance to see him! My favorite singer, Kim Hyung Jun.

I am thinking of how happy tomorrow will be. I hope to see my idol and to be accepted in that audition. Aigoo. I am so excited!

As I am humming the song ‘Never Again’, I heard my mom called my name. I rushed to where she is and asked why.

“Nothing, Saengie ah. Just called you to rest already. I bet you are really tired today.”

“Aniyo, omma. Kwenchana. This is for us so why should I be tired? I wouldn’t get tired if I am doing a thing for you and for us.” As said as I caressed her cheek. I felt her hot temperature. “Omma, go on inside now. It’s cold. You have a fever. I’ll come back after closing the stall.” I said as I escorted her inside the house then, I rushed to our stall to finish closing it.

After I closed the stall, I went back to the house to check on my mother. She’s lying on the sofa, probably because she’s waiting for me. I went near her and told her to go to her room and rest there as I make some porridge for her. She did as she was told and I went to the kitchen to make her food.

After I made the porridge, I went to her room to feed her. She thanked me and smiled at me before eating her porridge.

“Why are you not eating, Saengie?” I shook my head, smiled at her and gestured her to eat more.

“Omma, I have something to tell you.” I said while she’s eating.

“Just go on.” She said as she put another spoonful of porridge in .

“I won’t be working in our stall tomorrow.” She looked at me with confused eyes.

“Omma, I’ll audition in KTS tomorrow. There is an audition where in I have the chance to sing for their new project. The pay is big and maybe if I will be chosen, we can have the comfortable life that we are always dreaming of.” I told her, smiling. She isn’t reacting but I saw her put down her spoon and stopped eating.

“Omma, wae? Is my cooking not good?” I asked worriedly as I tasted the food. “Kwenchana. It’s not bad. Do you feel pain anywhere, omma?”

“Aniyo. I am full already.” She said.

“Keure. Don’t force it, omma.” She nodded.

“Anyway, I’ll go there tomorrow and have the audition. If I have been chosen I’ll—“

“Shut up, Heo Young Saeng! You are not going anywhere tomorrow. You’ll work here tomorrow and you will not go in that audition.” I am not able to finish my sentence as she cut me off. I am shocked. Shocked with her reaction. This is the first time that she’ll not support me.

“Omma, wae? Maybe this is the chance that we are waiting for.” I asked her almost tearing up.

“You will not go there and you’ll stay here, arasseo??” She raised her voice. I can’t understand. Why is she doing this?

“But omma—“I tried to protest.

“ARASSEO??” I wasn’t able to hold back my tears and it bursted. For the first time, I shed tears in front of her and also for the first time, she is not on my side. Why? Is all that is in my mind. She loves me right? And this is for us. So why is she doing this?

“N-ne.” I answered and walked away. I went to my room and there, I spent the whole night crying.

“Kyu Jong-ah, mianhae. I will not be able to fulfill my promise.” I whispered to the air as I can feel my eyes getting heavier. And there, I have fallen asleep, hugging my pillow that is soaked with tears.

 

 

 

***

I have made some changes on the foreword. Please check it out. Keke. Also, I have made aquakittie a co-author of this story as she is helping me greatly in this story. Keke.

Oh. Updated already. What do you think of this chapter? keke. Please let me know. Thankyu. ^^