Chapter 6

Always and Forever

Author’s POV

“I… don’t know what you’re talking about.” That sentence echoed in Hyun Joong’s mind even if it is already a week passed. Everytime he hears this echo in his mind, he can feel something squeezing his heart. Why does this Young Saeng resembles him so much? Is he really not the Young Saeng he once knew? Then he remembered what happened a week ago.

**flashback

“I… don’t know what you’re talking about.” Hyun Joong’s eyes widened in shock. As he  released his hug from Young Saeng, he saw the ever angelic face of the man full of confusion.

“Young Saeng-ah, have you forgotten me? It’s me, Hyun Joong. Kim Hyun Joong.” He asked.

“I have never forgotten you because I have never met you.” Young Saeng answered. Although he wants to get angry at Hyun Joong for hugging, dragging and holding him, he is so scared to do so. He cannot understand but he finds his name so familiar to him.

Hyun Joong walked passed Young Saeng as he just lost his hope of meeting his dead friend. He knew it is impossible but he wanted to see him so badly, even just for a second.

He left Young Saeng there, confused of what just had happened.

**

As he was thinking of that for the uncountable time, he heard a slight knock on his office door.

“Come in.” He said and was shocked to see who the person who just knocked is. It is him, the source of his sadness right now. It is the first time they are meeting for the pass week.

“Do you need something?” He asked.

“Ah, ne. Mr. Park told me to bring these to you.” He answered as he handed some papers to him. Young Saeng cannot understand his heart that is beating so wild whenever he sees him.

“Okay. Just put those on my table.” Young Saeng just nodded and placed the papers in his table.

Hyun Joong wants to avoid him but he cannot bring himself to do so. Once, he was so determined to get him out of his mind but he just can’t. He himself doesn’t know why.

As Young Saeng was about to exit the office, Hyun Joong stopped him. “Y-young Saeng-ssi, do you want to have some coffee before you leave?”

Of course, Young Saeng wants to say no. He also wants to avoid the man that is in front of him but it seems like something in him wants to nod and just agree to have coffee with him.

As awkward as it seems, Young Saeng finally nod after the battle between his heart and his mind.

“Okay, just sit down and I’ll prepare some for you.” Hyun Joong cannot take the awkwardness anymore so he presented to make something for him. Usually, he will just tell his secretary to get foods for him and for his guest but for him, the awkward time will just increase if he just make his secretary do it.

Young Saeng watched with amusement as he saw the man place some coffee beans in the coffee maker. “Damn! He is just making coffee! Why am I this amazed? I can also do that!” He exclaimed in his mind as he shook his head but right after, his eyes was once again focused on him.

Hyun Joong knew that Young Saeng is staring at him even if he is not facing him. He cannot help but blush. “Will you please take those eyes away?” He wants to say that to him but he cannot. It is strange that he loves how the man is staring at him.

After making the coffee, Hyun Joong placed the cups on the coffee table and he sat down right after. The atmosphere is so awkward and no one wants to talk. Young Saeng gets the cup and started to sip on his coffee. His eyes widened as he tasted the coffee. He never thought to himself that a rich guy like him can make a coffee as delicious as this. “This coffee is wonderful! How’d you make  this??” He finally broke the awkward silence without him noticing. Hyun Joong just smiled at his reaction.

“You want me to teach you how to make it?” He asked, hoping that the latter would say yes so that he’ll have more time with him.

“Yes, please!” Young Saeng answered while giving him the most beautiful smile on Earth. Hyun Joong’s heart beats wild as he saw that smile. He can feel the blush that is once again forming in his cheeks so he cleared his throat to avoid the upcoming shame on him.

“Okay, let’s star—“ Hyun Joong was cut as they heard Young Saeng’s phone ring. Young Saeng looked at the name of the caller and gasped after seeing that it is Jung Min who is calling. Hyun Joong noticed Young Saeng’s hand phone that is old and is broken.

“Jung Min-ssi, waeyo?”

“YA! What is taking you so long?? You are still not finished at your training!” Jung Min scolded him.

“Ne, ne. Cheoseonghaeyo, I’ll be there now.” He then faced Hyun Joong.

“Arasseo, just go now. We’ll have the coffee lesson next time.” Hyun Joong told Young Saeng and he nodded, bowed and smiled to Hyun Joong before finally going out of his office.

Yes, Hyun Joong is pretty upset that the Young Saeng he once knew is already gone but at least, a new Young Saeng came into his life and is making his world bright. Maybe it’s just a coincidence, maybe it’s not. Maybe he is Young Saeng, maybe he’s not. We never know for destiny plays with our fate to make the fruit of our labor much sweeter and more worth it.

 

Young Saeng’s POV

It has been a week since my mother doesn’t want to talk with me. A week since I stopped working at our stall to pursue my dream of becoming a singer. “Omma, just wait arasseo? I promise you that one day, you’ll stop selling ddeokbokki. One day, loan sharks won’t be in our worry list anymore. Even if you oppose to this, I’ll continue doing this for you. For us.” I talked to myself as I remember that my mom is supposedly closing the stall right now.

It is 9 in the evening right now. We have just finished training. My manager, Park Jung Min, is the one who is training me. As I am packing up my things,  we heard a knock on the practice room. Jung min-ssi opened the door and someone entered. I am so stunned to see who just entered the practice room. It is him, my idol, Kim Hyung Jun.

He hugged my manager and kissed him on his cheek. I blushed at what I have just seen so I looked down on my things and pretended not to see anything.

“YA! We are not alone here!” Jung Min-ssi scolded Hyung Jun-ssi.

“Waaee?” He whined. “It is not like he can broadcast this to the world! Aish!”

My manager just rolled his eyes to my idol. “By the way Jun, he’s Young Saeng. The one who will be singing in Sky is the Limit.”

“Oh. You mean the one who stole my project?” He harshly said while looking directly at me.

“Ya! What you mean stole? That project has never been yours!” My manager defended me.

“Ya mal! The only solo singer in this whole broadcasting station is only me! It is only me who can sing in that project perfectly not some newbie who doesn’t have any experience in this business!”

“Better watch your words, Jun. You’ll eat them later, I swear. He’s far greater than you.” After my manager said that, I can see Hyung Jun’s face full of anger, eyes with tears, and fist clenched. He walked out of the practice room, slamming the door right in front of our faces.

“It’s okay, Young Saeng-ssi. He’s always been like that. Aigoo. It seems like I have spoiled him too much. But don’t worry, I’ll talk to him and make him understand that you never stole anything.” I just nodded in understanding as I can feel my knees weaken. I sat in one of the chairs.

“Kwenchana?” He asked me.

“Ne, manager. It is just that I never imagined that he’s like that. I am one of his fans, you know.” I told him. He just chuckled and pat my head.

“Just don’t mind him. One day, you’ll shine much more brighter than him. You will outshine him, I promise you.”

With that, I am reassured. I never want to outshine my idol. I never want to step on anybody just to be successful. All I want is to live a life with my mother without any worries. She probably hates me now for doing this but I know that one day, she’ll hug me again with those warm arms that she has and whisper ‘I Love You’ to my ears once again.

 

 

***

Hello pretties. I am sorry but I won't be able to update next week. Midterm examinations are coming so I really have to study until next week ends. Then, I am currently working with my thesis. I am not sure though if I can update after next week because I have to go visit the doctor. So I am sorry. Please understand. But once I am back, I will update, I promise.

And I will be updating every Thursday. Keke. I really idolize my co author unnie. HAHAHA.

And lastly, do you have some difficulties understanding the story? Because you know, I put too much Korean words and expressions and I didn't realize it until now. Please do tell me if there is any and I will be willing to tell you what that means. Thank you.

Okay, like last time, see you all on the next chapter! ^^