Chapter 4

Always and Forever

Happy Holidays, everyone. Merry Christmas! Keke.

By the way, I recommend you all to see this video first before proceeding to reading. Keke. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdsOTwiud-U

 

***

Kyu Jong’s POV

The morning is already here. It is the day when my idol is going to audition. Actually, that is the reason why we became best of friends.

I heard him singing as me and my parents eat some ddeokbokki in their stall. I am only 7 back then and he was 8. He was helping his mom to serve the customers. Luckily, he is the one who served me and my parents. I remember him singing while serving me and he accidentally poured some ddeokbokki sauce to my uniform. I stood up to get the handkerchief on my pocket but right before I wipe it, he wiped it first with tissue paper.

“Mianhamnida, mianhamnida.” His cute face that was once filled with smile turned into a worried one. He kept saying sorry over and over again to me as he bow continuously.

“Aniya, kwenchana.” I said, as I pat his shoulder, assuring him that it is really alright.

Then his mom came and did the same but my parents told her that if it is fine with me, then it is fine with them, too. They both smiled as they thanked us saying that the ddeokbokki is free for us. We said no as we sat again to eat.

From that day on, I always come to their stall everyday and eventually, we became bestfriends. I have already adored his voice the moment I heard it. It was so angelic that no one can ever hate it.

I smiled at the thought of how we became bestfriends as I walked out of our house, heading to the stall I came to everyday.

I am humming to myself as I walk. Smile is from my right ear to my left ear. I walked and walked as I can see already the small ddeokbokki stall.

I have arrived in the stall and as I stepped in, I saw no Young Saeng hyung there.

“Eomeonim.” I called Young Saeng’s mom and bowed to her the moment she turned around.

“Oh Kyu Jong-ah, wassseo?”

“Ah ne. Where is Young Saeng hyung?” I asked her.

“Oh, he’s resting inside the house. Just go and talk to him there.”

“Ne, Kamsahamnida.” I thanked her as I rushed to their house.

 

As I entered the house, I walked straight to Young Saeng hyung’s room as I am thinking that he is already preparing for the audition. I went in his room and saw him sitting on his bed not moving an inch. His back facing me. He is still wearing the same clothes he is wearing yesterday! Aish. Has he forgotten?

“Hyung!” I exclaimed. “Why are you still not prepared???” I scolded him.

“Hyung! Pali!! Go shower now!” I shouted at him as I pulled him out.

“Oh, Kyu Jong-ah, wasseo?” He asked me and I saw his eyes, full of sadness. He looks like he cried a river of tears. His voice is sad, too.

“Ne. What happened, hyung? Are you not feeling well?” I asked him, worried about him. I am wondering what it could possibly be.

“Mianhae, Kyu Jong-ah.” He said as his tears start to form in his eyes.

“Hyung wae?”

“Mianhae. I will not go. Mianhae.” He said as tears flow nonstop.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked him, hugging him, comforting him.

He didn’t answer. He kept on crying and crying until I can hear soft sobs.

“Kyu Jong-ah, is my voice not that good?”

“Aniyo. Hyung who told you that??”

“Aniyo. No one told me that. It is just that my mom won’t let me go in that audition. And I don’t know why.” His voice is still shaking. My heart sunk with his. I know what he feels. And at the same time, what I just heard shocked me. It’s not like her mom not to support him. She has always been so supportive.

“Why? She won’t do that, hyung.”

“But she did, Kyu Jong-ah.” I know this person. He’ll never lie to me. As in never.

“Keure. I’ll talk to her, arasseo?”

“Will you really do that?” With that, I smiled and chuckled a bit as I ruffled his hair.

“Of course!” I stood up. “I’ll be back.” I told him.

 

Then I walked out of their house and saw her mom busy cooking ddeokbokki.

“Eomeonim.” I called.

“Oh Kyu Jong-ah, finished talking with him?”

“Ne, but eomeonim, his eyes are all swollen.”

“That is because I didn’t give him the permission to go and have that audition.”

“But eomeonim, he really likes to do it.” She glared at me.

“Kyu Jong, I know that you are his bestfriend and you are a regular here but I won’t mind kicking you out of here if you will also insist that stupid thing.”

“Eomeonim, jebal.” I said as I kneeled in front of her.

“Music will not be able to feed you, arasseo?? Now if you don’t mind, go!” She told me with fury in her eyes.

“But, eomeonim he likes it.”

“JUST GO!” She shouted at me leaving me with no choice but to go.

 

I walked away from that small stall. But that doesn’t mean that I am already giving up. My bestfriend needs me and help is all I will give to him.

Hyung, go to KTS. I’ll wait there until 5. Just escape if eomeonim won’t permit you. Fighting!! I sent him an SMS.

With a determined heart, I went to KTS with all my courage. There I saw a very long queue. Without any second thoughts, I went to the back of the last person and was given a number of 1877. Meaning, I will go in after the 1876th person.

After 3 hours, the audition is still just on the 405th person. Some people gave up but some are still hoping.

--

Time flew and it is already 4:30 in the afternoon. The audition is already on the 1500th person but the audition will be stopped at 5. I silently prayed that the time will be enough for hyung.

1870. 1871. 1872…. 1877. The announcer finally called hyung’s number, but he isn’t here.

“Calling for auditionee number 1877.” Everyone is looking at me. I looked at the entrance, still waiting for him to come.

“Last call for auditionee number 1877.” The announcer said.

“Okay next. Auditionee number 1878, come in.” He never came. My expectations of him are just ruined right now but I can’t blame him. It’s not his choice anyway. He cannot possibly disobey his mother.

--

The audition finally ended and I am still waiting for him.

I startled as I heard this familiar voice calling my name. “Kyu Jong-ah!!”

I smiled as I saw him running to me. “It has ended, hyung.” I said the moment he came near me.

I saw him frown and saw these tears forming in the corner of his eyes. I smiled at him patting his back.

“Kwenchana, hyung.”

“If only I came a little bit earlier.” He said regretting that he came late.

“Still want to go?” I asked him. He looked at me, shocked with what I have just said. Nevertheless, he still nodded.

I led him to the audition room where I saw auditionees from earlier coming in and out. There is still this mic standing in the middle of the stage. I led him to the middle of the stage and left him there.

I hurriedly went to the operating room where in all speakers, mics, lightings and everything is operated.

I saw a man there, sitting.

“Jogiyo, ajussi.” I talked to him.

“Who are you? Only people who are working here are authorized to enter here.”

“Ne, I know. But can you give me a favor? I am dying and there is this one song that I wanted to listen to.” Then I handed him a disc. “Can you please play this for me?” I know, I am lying and I am making up stories. But this is all for hyung and I’ll help him no matter what.

The man seems like he’s believing my lies. He grabbed the disc on my hand and immediately played it. It was actually an instrumental for the song ‘For You’ which hyung often sang in noraebang. “Please let it be heard all over the building. Please.” I pleaded in which the man nodded in response.

 

Author’s POV

The music started playing and as requested by Kyu Jong, it is heard all over KTS building. Everybody, including the employees, secretaries, CEOs, managers of every department, even Hyun Joong, Jung Min and Hyung Jun was reached by the music that is being played.

Young Saeng started singing as he heard the intro. His voice echoing all over KTS building. Jung Min who is tired from the day’s audition and is resting on his office’s chair get up immediately after hearing the first and second line and went to the operating room.

“Ya! Who is singing??” He asked the operator.

“M-mollayo, manager. I thought that it is just the CD.” The man confusingly looked at Kyu Jong. “This man requested that song to be played and be heard all over KTS.” He said pointing at Kyu.

“Ya!! It is clearly live!!” He then faced Kyu. “Mind telling me where the voice is coming from?” Smiling, Kyu Jong just pointed to the audition room and Jung Min rushed there. He saw the singing Young Saeng. He was almost in tears as he saw the man who is having “the voice of his perfect creation”.

After a while, the song ended and Jung min rushed to Young Saeng to hug him. Shocked, Young Saeng didn’t get what is happening and his eyes are opened wide in shock.

Jung Min released the hug and said, “You are the one that I am waiting for! You will be singing in my Sky is the Limit project!” and Young Saeng released a smile that is genuine. Jung Min hugged him once more and Young Saeng saw his bestfriend standing at the door of the audition room smiling at him. He doesn’t know what happened. He has no idea what his bestfriend had done for him.

Young Saeng flashed a smile at Kyu Jong who is now going near him, with tears now flowing on his dimpled cheek.

“May I ask your name please?” Jung Min asked as he released the second hug.

“Ah ne. Heo Young Saeng imnida. Bangabseubnida.”

Without them knowing, someone is watching them. He, too was lured there by the angelic voice of Young Saeng. Never in his wildest dream that he would hear that name again. The name he believed died 18 years ago.

Hyun Joong appeared out of nowhere and exclaimed, “MWO?? YOUR NAME IS HEO YOUNG SAENG ??”

 

***

Omona. He disobeyed his mom. Keke. ^^

Alright. See you all on the next chapter. :))))