Chapter 2

Always and Forever

Hyun Joong’s POV

I woke up with the sun’s rays on my face. It is already 7 in the morning. I am about to stand up when someone knocked on my door. “Come in.” I said then a lady in black uniform and a white apron walked in my room and bowed.

“Young Master, breakfast is ready.” She informed me.

“Ne, thank you.” She once again bowed and left my room.

I stood up and went to my washroom to take a bath and prepare myself for a long day ahead in the company. After 30 minutes, I am done. I walked downstairs and there I saw my parents having breakfast.

“Good morning, Omma, Appa.” I said then I kissed my mom on her cheek. She smiled at me. “Good morning, Hyun Joong-ah.” My mom greeted back.

“Hyun Joong, you did a great job again.” My father told me while his eyes are focused on the newspaper he is holding. “I heard that you have instructed our news team where to go when the Vice President’s car got into that accident. We had the best coverage on that story. Chukhahae.” He is pointing in a news article and his eyes now focused on me while smiling widely at me.

“Kamsahamnida, appa.” I thanked him and returned the smile as I sit on my usual seat.

“Aigoo. My son really is something, don’t you agree yeobo?” My mom commented.

“De. What can we all do without him? Continue that, okay? You’ll be a great CEO someday.”

“De.” I answered shortly and sipped the coffee that is served.

“Oh anyway, Young Mi will be home on Saturday morning so better get all your schedules cleared that day arasseo? We’ll come and get her to the airport.”

My father and I both nodded in agreement. Aigoo. I miss my spoiled little sister. She always clings to me like a monkey on a tree. I chuckled as I remember her silliness and her sometimes stupidness.

Then, 3 layers of pancake is served to me with bacon. I poured a little amount of maple syrup for I don’t like sweets that much.

Afterwards, breakfast is over and it is time to go to work. I normally go to work at 8:30 in the morning and I don’t like being late. It is already 8 in the morning so I hopped on my black Hennessey Venom GT and drove off. I really don’t like having a driver around so I drive myself. It is relaxing for me anyway and I don’t want anybody touching my dear car. Not even my sister or my parents.

As I am driving, I passed a park and looked at it. That very park that I came often to. Whenever I feel sad or lonely, I go there. There, I met a friend who died when we were still young. I remember him sliding on that slide with that happy smile on his face. I smiled and chuckled at the memory. As I remembered that I am still driving, I fixed my eyes again on the road.

I finally reached the company and parked my car in the parking lot that is exclusive for me and my family. Actually, I can just stop my car in front of the entrance and let the valet parker park my car but since I do not want anybody touching my car, I won’t do that.

After parking, I went out of my car, grabbed my suitcase and took the parking’s elevator. On the top floor of this 27-floor building is where my office is. The elevator here is only up to the main entrance and so I still have to walk to the elevator on the ground floor to reach my office.

As the elevator door opened, people were bowing to me saying good morning. I smiled to them while bowing a little. The scene is like this every morning and so I am used to it.

I reached the elevator but as I touched the up button, something caught my attention. Ah, matta. Today is Kim Hyung Jun’s comeback and so he is being interviewed. Fans are gathering all around him and they are holding small boards with his name written on it. I simply smiled as the elevator door finally opened up.

As it opened, I went in and go straight to my office. A woman bowed and came near me.

“Ms. Park, what’re our agendas for today?” I asked my secretary.

“At 10 AM, you have to go to a conference for the new TV show. At 2 PM, Mr. Choi wants to meet with you and at 4 PM, Mr. Park of Music Department wants to meet with you for the project ‘Sky is the Limit’.”

“Is that all?”

“Ne, director.” With that, my secretary bowed again and left me.

 

--

Time flies so fast. It is already 4 in the afternoon now. I heard a knock on my door. “Come in.” I said. My secretary came in and told me that Mr. Park is already there.

“Ah ne. Invite him in.”

“Ne.” She answered and bowed.

A tall man then came inside with his shades on.

“Annyeong haseyo, director.” He greeted me and bowed politely, removing his shades.

“Ne annyeong haseyo.” I answered extending my hand for a handshake. He willingly took it and shook it.

“I heard that you came here for ‘Sky is the Limit’ am I right?” I asked him while inviting him to sit down.

“Ne, director.” He answered nodding.

“So who will be the singer that you would like to work with? My suggestion is that it will be Kim Hyung Jun-ssi. He’s a big name in the industry right now and I think that with him, the project will be a success.”

“Aniyo. I mean, I would like to open an audition, director. Frankly, Hyung Jun-ssi’s voice does not suit the voice that is required for this project. We need someone with an angelic voice in this project.”

“Oh so, how do we do it?” I asked, shocked by his sudden suggestion because normally, he would love to work with him.

“Can I request for a website to be opened and for this audition be broadcasted through commercials and the entertainment news?”

“Are you sure about this? I mean you aren’t sure if this will be a success if a newbie will sing for this project. Remember Mr. Park, this project is a very important project in KTS as it will ignite a rivalry between us and the other TV station.”

“I know that very well, director. I am doing this because I want this project to be the best of bests. I want every bits of this project to fit in.”

“Keure. Just do it. I’ll make my secretary do it.” With that, he smiled and stood up. He shook my hand once again and bowed sincerely.

“Kamsahamnida, director.” He thanked me.

“Cheoseonghaeyo, director but I still have to finish composing the lead single of the project.”

“Aniyo, it’s not a problem. Just go on.”

“Ne, annyeonghi kyeseyo.” He bowed while leaving.

“Annyeonghi gaseyo.”

 

Sky is the Limit. Heh. I wonder who’ll sing in that project. I am really looking forward to it. I thought about it for a minute and I closed my eyes.

--

“Can you be my friend?” Asked somebody.

“Of course.” I answered. I can see loneliness in his eyes. It is as if he doesn’t have any friends.

“I am Kim Hyun Joong.” I said as I extended my hand. He gladly shook it and said, “I am..”

 

The dream again ended there. Aish. I slept sitting again. My back hurts so I stretched my body and looked at the clock. I gasped when I saw that it is already 8 in the evening. I hurriedly worn my coat as I remembered that I still have to visit that park and give my prayers to my friend as it is his 18th death anniversary. I still have to offer my friend flowers for I believe that he is now in heaven, guiding and protecting me in everything I do. My dear friend… Heo Young Saeng.

 

 

***

Updated already! Keke. Thankyu for the comments and upvote and subscribers. Those really mean a lot for me. ^^ See you all on the next chapter. :))))))))