Chapter 7

Always and Forever

Young Saeng’s Mother’s POV

“Yeobo, please don’t leave. Kajima! Jebal!” I cried as I saw my husband holding his suitcase one night, all ready to leave us.

“Let us just end this here, Min Young-ah. I am already being a burden. My music isn’t selling already.” He told me, his back facing me.

“We can do other things. We can put up a business. Just don’t go even for Young Saeng’s sake only. Please.” I pleaded, I cried. I prayed that he won’t leave us. He never looked back at me and started walking away.

“Yeobo! Yeobo! YEOBO!!” I screamed and screamed, cried and cried until I can no longer see his figure.

 

“Ajumma. Ajumma?” I snapped out of my thinking when a student snapped her finger in front of me.

“Ah. Waeyo? Cheoseonghamnida.” I said as I bow to her.

“Anieyo. It’s fine, ajumma. How much should I pay?” She asked as she looks around. I smiled for I know that she is looking for my son.

“2,500 won, yeppeun agassi.” I answered. She got some money on her wallet and handed it to me. I gently got it from her hand and chuckled as she is still looking everywhere.

“Miss, you are looking for my son, right?” I saw her blush and she looked down but she nodded.

“Aigoo. Don’t be shy. He’s not here. He’s busy these days so you won’t see him around here. He doesn’t work here anymore.” She looked at me with wide eyes.

“Aish. Why do I keep coming here?” I heard her mumble. I just chuckled. She then clicked her tongue, bowed to me and left the stall.

I checked the time and saw that it is already 9 in the evening. It is time to close the stall. As I am closing the box where the money is at, I saw my son’s picture, smiling widely. “Young Saeng-ah, how are you? Sorry if I am not talking to you for the pass week for my heart still hurts from the departure of your father. Singing is still all about music, right? Your father left us because he cannot support us with his music. I wish that I can support you with all of my heart in your dream. Years had already passed, you know. I wish that I can move on from that pain. I am opposing you because I do not want you to become like your father. I pray for your safety always and for your success. Please forgive me for what I have done.” I talked to the picture as if it’ll talk and answer me. I felt tears escape my eyes. I cannot help it. It hurts to see my son take the steps of his father, whom until today is still not forgiven by me.

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

Today is the 20th of June, 10 in the morning. I, together with my parents are here at the airport to fetch my little sister. She is supposedly coming last June 6 but for some reasons, her coming back home needs to be delayed. We are sitting at the airport’s benches, waiting for my sister to come out. I am excited to see her. She is so precious even though she is a spoiled brat.

Suddenly, my parents stood up. Ah! Finally! My sister came out. I waved to her and she immediately saw me. She hurriedly ran to me and as soon as she’s near me, she hugged me.

“KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! Oppa! I really have missed youuuu!!!” She squealed so loud that I think, she filled the whole airport with her high-pitched voice.

I just smiled and ruffled her hair. “YA Young Mi-ah! You’re so loud!” I playfully scolded her. She pouted. “Ya oppa! I just came back, you know. No need to scold me this soon. Aish!” She whined. I chuckled at her. Aigoo. She’s too spoiled.

“Omma, appa!” She went near them and kissed them both on their cheeks. “I missed you both! Aigoo. I thought I’ll die living there alone.”

My parents both laughed at her. “So, is living on your own did any better?”

“Nothing better. I think I’ll be more spoiled now. Especially to oppa.” She sheepishly said and faced me, winking at me.

I just ruffled her hair and smiled at her. I really missed her.

“Ya oppa! My hair! My gosh! I spent almost an hour fixing my hair. Don’t you mess it up! You did it twice already!” She jokingly told me, glaring sharply at me. Again, I ruffled her hair that made us both laugh.

Our parents laughed at us. “Aigoo. Enough of that, you two. Let us eat now, you want it?” Omma asked.

“Now that you’ve mentioned about it. Omma, I am hungry. Kaja?”

“Ne.” She answered.

As usual, she clung unto my arm and rested her head on my shoulder while we head back to where our family car is.

“Ne, oppa. Do you have a girlfriend now?” She suddenly asked me. I looked at her for a second and shook my head afterwards.

“Aigoo. That’s great, then. Oppa, just don’t marry, okay? If you will marry, then who will take care of me?” She childishly said, pouting.

“If oppa won’t marry, then he’ll be lonely. You want that?”

“Aniyo. But how about me? I’ll be left alone.”

“Aniya. You won’t be. You’ll meet someone soon and he’ll be the one to protect you forever. And for the meantime, oppa will be the one to take care of you.”

“Aigoo. I wish that he could be someone like you.” I just smiled and looked at her.

We reached our family car and we hopped inside, going to the direction of our family friend’s family owned restaurant.

 

Jung Min’s POV

Jun and I are here at his apartment, sitting on his sofa. He is still sulking from what had happened earlier. In the middle of us is this uncomfortable and irritating silence that is overwhelming the atmosphere.

“Jun, you will talk to me or I’ll leave?” I asked him, already irritated at what is happening. I broke the silence.

“Ya mal! You like him more, don’t you?”

“What do you mean?” I raised an eyebrow.

“That newbie. You never dare insult me in front of anyone but you just did it and in front of a newbie! NEWBIE! A newbie with no name! Do you know how insulting that is, huh?”

“YA! The newbie that you’re talking about will be as big as you. Maybe even bigger than you so don’t be insulted.”

“YA! He must be thankful to me. That is my project and I am letting him have it. He’s a stealer!”

“He is not. I never gave you that project. He doesn’t have anything to do with you.”

“YA! YOU! Why are you defending him? I am your BOYFRIEND for goodness sake!”

“I don’t have time to talk with you. You called me here and that is all you’ll say? Stop being childish and grow up!” With that, I stood up and grabbed my coat. I walked away from him, leaving him there alone.

Truly, I don’t have to defend that man but I have done it. Sigh. His image is in my mind again. Why do I feel so strange whenever I think about him? This feeling, I like it.

Young Saeng-ssi, am I falling for you?

 

***

I am back! Kekeke. Oh back? I don't know. Thesis is really killing me. Ugh. College is really not a joke. *sigh*

 

Okay pretties. See you all on the next chapter! ^^