Chapter 5

Always and Forever

(Note: This happened before the audition. The night when Hyun Joong went to visit the park.)

Hyun Joong’s POV

The night is getting colder as I am still here at the park. My friend isn’t buried here. As a matter of fact, I never know where he is buried so I just go here every 1st of June to offer him flowers. He was a dear friend to me. He was my bestfriend and my brother. I sat in one of the benches where he and I used to sit in to eat our snacks. I looked down the ground with my hands intertwined and I closed my eyes.

As I close my eyes, I remember the time when he sang a song for me to make me feel better. I was having a fever that time.

“Hyun Joong hyung, pali and get better. I am so lonely. I want to play.” He told me after singing a song for me.

I smiled at him. “I’ll get well soon, arasseo? Just wait for me. We’ll play when I got better.” And with that, he smiled at me, showing those symmetrical dimples on his cheeks.

I smiled to myself remembering that time. I lifted my head and I leaned on the back rest of the bench.

“Young Saeng-ah, odiya??” I asked, facing the night sky that is full of stars. “I told you to wait for me, right? You’re such a liar. You told me that you will wait for me to get well, right? Then why did you leave me? Can’t you come back? I am already healed from fever.” I talked as if a soul can answer me. Then there, my tears started to flow. At a young age of 5, I still don’t know anything. All I knew back then is to protect Young Saeng from bullies and the feeling of not wanting to lose him. He was so precious to me that I cried so much when I heard the news that he died from an accident.

“Young Saeng-ah, wherever you are please listen to this. I know that we are very young when we met. You have died at such a young age. But for the past 18 years, I still couldn’t bring myself to forget you.” Tears continued to flow to my cheeks. “As days passed by in front of me, I am still thinking of you. I wonder if you can see me right now. Can you hear me?” I talked and talked while crying.

I don’t seem to notice the time that is passing by. It is now 5 past midnight.

“Young Saeng-ah, it is already midnight. I am heading back home now.” I said as I stood up and faced the bench. I bowed to the bench and finally decided to go back home.

(Note: The next scenes happened after the chapter 4 scene.)

Hyun Joong’s POV

I was resting on my office table chair when a music played. I heard the intro and heard somebody singing afterwards. His voice… is amazing. It is so angelic just like his voice. I quickly stood up as I realized that I wanted to meet that person who is singing.

As I went out of my office’s door, I saw Mr. Park running. He didn’t even notice me. I followed him and he went to the operating room. I stood outside the door as I heard him ask where the music is coming from. He went out of the door and I saw him going in to the audition room. He went in and I peeked inside. I saw a man standing and singing in the middle of the stage. I stood there, frozen as I watched the man sing; his face is so gentle although a bit sad from the emotions he puts in the song. My heart skipped a beat as the song continues. I can feel my heart, it is beating wild. It is as if something in me is going to explode if he ever looked at me and smile.

The song ended and I saw a man coming in my direction. I avoided him and I stood at the side of the door. Moments later, I heard Mr. Park say, “You are the one that I am waiting for! You will be singing in my Sky is the Limit project!” With that, I smiled for I know that I will be meeting that man soon. I saw the man go inside the audition room and so I peeked once again. I saw him flash a smile to the man, showing his symmetrical dimples. Aigoo. He is so much like him. Having an angelic voice and those dimples plus that gentle face. Is he the reincarnation of Young Saeng?

I was about to go when I heard Mr. Park ask for his name. Keure, I’ll stay here a little longer. At least his name, I want to know it now.

“Ah ne. Heo Young Saeng imnida. Bangabseubnida.”

His name is Heo Young Saeng??? Is he the Young Saeng I knew from before? But no, he’s dead already. His voice, those dimples and that face, is it really a coincidence? They are so much alike. I am really shocked to hear that name coming from someone again. I never imagined that I will hear that name again someday.

Without thinking, I jumped in the scene and asked him, “MWO?? YOUR NAME IS HEO YOUNG SAENG ??” directly looking at him.

 

Author’s POV

The three men are shocked in the sudden appearance of Hyun Joong especially Young Saeng.

“You’re here exactly, director. He is Heo Young Saeng and he will be the one singing in the Sky is the Limit.” Jung Min excitedly informed Hyun Joong.

“Ah, ne. I am Young Saeng. Nice to meet you, director.” He said as he bowed to him.

Hyun Joong never uttered a word nor he had done the same to Young Saeng. Instead, he was frozen there, shocked by hearing that name. It is still not sinking unto his mind and his heart. The three blinked owlishly to Hyun Joong as they are thinking that he doesn’t like the idea.

“Director?” Jung Min called Hyun Joong and there, he has snapped back to reality.

After Hyun Joong gathered himself again, he held Young Saeng on the wrist and pulled him out of the audition room. He is walking in a fast pace, still holding Young Saeng on the wrist.

“Director?” Young Saeng called but it seems like the man was deaf at the moment. He doesn’t hear anything. Young Saeng just let him drag him. He was not usually like that, allowing someone to hold him or to drag him but strangely, it seems like he cannot make himself to take back his hand from this man who is oddly, he is comfortable with. He can feel his heart racing but ignored it because he thinks that it is just because they are walking very fast, almost running.

They hopped on an elevator. Young Saeng doesn’t know where they are going but he just follows. After all, he is his director that he will be working with in the future.

They heard the elevator door’s ding and they went out. They are in the rooftop of the building they were in. Hyun Joong finally let go of his grip in him and as soon as he let go, he faced him, face just inches apart. This made Young Saeng’s heart beat even wilder and cheeks redder.

“You’re Young Saeng, right?” Hyun Joong asked.

“N-ne.” He answered nervously.

“Am I hearing things? Please say that you are really Young Saeng.” Young Saeng doesn’t really get why the director is doing this. Nevertheless, he still answered yes.

Hyun Joong hugged him, tears now flowing from his eyes.

“You pabo. You told me that you will wait for me. I got well already but you left me. They told me that you were dead. How? J-just how did you come back?” Hyun Joong cried and cried while asking Young Saeng.

Young Saeng is confused. He doesn’t know who this man hugging him is. He doesn’t know what is happening. All of a sudden, a man will come and ask if that is really his name and will hug him. He doesn’t know. He really doesn’t know.

Young Saeng sighed as he gathered up his courage to tell the man this one statement that is on his mind. “I… don’t know what you’re talking about.”

 

 

Ouch for Hyun Joong. The man doesn't remember him. :(((

Okay as always. See you all on the next chapter.

 

 

HAPPY NEW YEAR! May 2014 be fiiled with abundance, joy and blessings. Stay healthy everyone! ^^