Smoke and mirrors

Love Again

It's early. Super early since the living room is brightly lit and the birds decided to chirp annoyingly loud. Jiyong turns towards a couch pillow and covers it over his eyes with a groan. 

The man didn't have a good nights sleep at all. All he can think about are horrific scenes from the accident that he still sees as blurs. The unknown of how he ended up in a hospital with a IV in his arm haunts him at night. The even worse nightmare is the true reality that his husband doesn't even know him. Not even the existence of them knowing each other. 

It is as if the devil is trying to make the man go crazy because Jiyong has done nothing but try to be the best person that he can be. He just goes through the motions of feeding his husband and massaging his legs with a smile. The rejection is harsh but Jiyong just takes it like it's a ping pong grazing against his skin. 

Seunghyun may say terrible things but it doesn't bring Jiyong down. Jiyong the first couple of weeks was determined to bring back the memory of their relationship. Maybe the younger has watched too many movies with a similar scenario because Seunghyun's memory is not opening up. No matter how many pictures that are shown...mostly with force, nothing rings a bell. 

Jiyong rolls off the sofa and goes to the kitchen. He should at least fold his blanket and pick up the pillows that are tossed around but Jiyong doesn't feel like it. It is as if Jiyong has tunnel vision; he only sees Seunghyun coming back to him. The man can't help but think of the moment that Seunghyun will regain his consciences so that he can apologize for how terrible he has been in the past. 

Yea, Jiyong is guilty. Yea yea he is doing the right thing as a husband taking care of his other half but still this is all guilt. It's just hard watching the man struggle and be bed ridden for weeks. Jiyong has to help the man do everything. Still to this day Seunghyun refuses to have Jiyong touch him ...Seunghyun only let him help him get out of bed..but that's it...instead Jiyong has to listen to the sounds of pain...to the sounds of things being knocked over. Stubborn Choi Seunghyun...

Jiyong places the last of his husband's breakfast on a tray. He then walks over to the bedroom and opens the door slowly. The room is dark due to the black out curtains and Seunghyun is still sleeping soundly in the same position that Jiyong left him. 

The younger places the tray on the nightstand and goes over to press the remote to open the blinds. The sounds of blinds opening makes the older stir out of his sleep and once again approach the night mare of what's to come. The same thing over and over again...but he is going to have to deal. 

"Good Morning." It's almost like a recording the way Jiyong says his greetings. 

Seunghyun then groans and opens his eyes. The older sighs because he knows what is coming next. Jiyong has to help the man sit up and it just hurts the older's pride that after 3 weeks he can't do things for himself. 

Jiyong then approaches the bed. "I'm going to help you sit up. Okay?" 

"Like I have a choice..." says the older. Jiyong ignores the comment and leans over to help Seunghyun sit up against the head board. The older of course feels like he just ran a marathon due to all the effort that he has to put into his body just for one simple movement. 

"Here is your breakfast." Jiyong places the tray on the man's lap. "You want me to help you peel the banana?" 

"No." says the older simply. "Aish just let me eat...that fake smile..." 

Jiyong drops his smile and bows. "I will be back soon to grab your tray. I will start your shower in a bit too." 

Seunghyun continues to eat and ignores the man. Jiyong leaves the room and goes down the hallway to the bathroom...he can't even use his own bathroom because it basically became his husband's now. 

Jiyong closes the door and looks in the mirror. "I'm fine...I'm fine..." The younger smiles at himself in the mirror...but the smile drops. He can't even convince himself to smile because it does look fake and it does look forced. Jiyong is torn because he feels like his marriage is falling apart. "I'm fine..." says the man saying those words to himself again. 

The younger looks at himself again and sighs. The man is not fine...especially his body. Jiyong has been lazy with his drugs, diet, and over all health. It has been exhausting taking care of Seunghyun. Thankfully he has the help of friends, but Jiyong still is the one putting the full 100. He doesn't expect his friend to take care of his husband....even though they offered...Jiyong feels that this is his responsibility. 

"I'm fine..." says Jiyong again gripping the luxury counter. 

///////////////////////////10am//////////////////////

Jiyong comes into the room where Seunghyun finished feeding himself. The younger goes over to the man quietly and picks up the tray. Jiyong who is still weak feels pain as he picks up the tray. The pain is sharp and Jiyong drops the tray to the ground making left over food fall every where and dishes with a big clang. 

Dami who was in the living room comes storming into the room. Where a wide eyed Seunghyun looks at Jiyong who is trying to pick up the food. "What happen Jiyong?" says Dami coming to his aid. Jiyong shakes his head with a laugh. "I'm fine...it just fell." 

Dami then sighs. "I'm fine I'm fine...is that all you can say" Dami knows that Seunghyun doesn't remember Jiyong but in a way she is resentful of the man because the state that her brother is in. Dami then takes the tray picking up the rest of the fallen items alot faster. Jiyong sighs. "Noona...I told you I can do it..." 

Dami then mutters. "Whatever " standing up to take the tray out of the room. Jiyong then looks at his husband. "You okay?" 

The older looks at Jiyong and really looks at him. He normally doesn't even pay the man attention because he is an annoyance to him. Jiyong's body is not the same...it's pale...but not the healthy kind. His hair is not styled and his clothes are a repeat of the day before. "Why are you so thin..." 

Jiyong then smiles. "Let's get you to the bathroom...." Jiyong ignores the question. He knows his state...he knows it very well...but Jiyong just can't get himself to eat. Those pills that he is suppose to take 3 times a day turns into maybe once. His body is not well...

Jiyong then comes over to the bed making the older man make a face. "When was the last time that you bathed...?" 

Jiyong doesn't even know. "Don't you wish to bathe?" says Jiyong with his fake smile. He can't even stop doing these bad habits. Maybe it helps with the whole charade of acting like he okay when really he is not. 

"I don't feel like it right now...."

Jiyong then sits on the bed. "Then I will massage your legs" The younger pulls the covers back but stops when the older points at Jiyong's sleep pants. "Why are you bleeding?"

Jiyong "Oh I think it's jam..." which is pure bull. Jiyong goes out of the room and into the bathroom. What the younger didn't know was that Dami was in his tracks. She comes into the room and slams it shut locking the door. "ing tell me what is going on Jiyong! TELL ME!" 

Jiyong doesn't know where this is coming from. He thought that he was doing every thing right. "I'm fine." 

"...will you stop saying that...you sound like a broken record....why are you bleeding huh?" 

Jiyong laughs. "It's probably just a bruise or cut that got reopened when I sat down." 

"Bull...I call bull...you can't lie to me..." The older then comes closer with a face of concern. "Are you cutting again..." The younger drops his smile and his eyes get lost. He has been found out again. 

When Jiyong was younger he dealt with a lot of depression. The stress of not knowing that he was gay and then feeling like he was not normal lead him to cutting. It thankfully was stopped thanks to his family finding out months later. Jiyong thought that he was over this habit...but obviously not since there are blood stains on his pajamas near his upper right thigh. 

Dami tears up. "How come you are not talking to me Jiyong ah?" 

Jiyong just stays silent. He doesn't know what to say.  It has been over 10 years since he has even thought of cutting. "....." 

The older comes over to her brother and just looks him in the eyes. "You don't take your pills...and you are letting yourself die..." 

"I'm not letting my self die..." 

"Then what else is it that I see in front of me. When was the last time that you showered...brushed your teeth. just eat a meal?" 

Jiyong can't answer those questions. "I eat when I can." 

"You are caught Jiyong...just stop it..." Dami then tries to calm down. "I'm just worried about you. You are all I got you know that...just watching you just...just...just ing let yourself go to that bastard in that room..." 

"He can't help it...I love him" says the younger in a low voice and you can't help but feel sorry for him. 

"I know that." says Dami quickly "Since you are so focused on him why don't you live so that you can take care of him. Take care of yourself...stop cutting." 

Jiyong didn't know that he was this bad. For his sister to cry means that it's something that she just couldn't hold back. "I will try...." 

"Bae is taking care of Seunghyun for now on...you just focus on getting healthy." says the older whipping tears. 

"But I can't do that...he needs me..." says Jiyong in a desperate tone. 

"I know that you want him to remember him...but Jiyong his memory is going to take time to come back. You need a break from this..." 

Jiyong sighs

////////////////////////////////6pm/////////////////////

Bae comes into Seunghyun's room. "Hyung...you need to shower..." 

Seunghyun slowly turns his head to the voice that is speaking to him. "Where's Jiyong." 

"He's sick" 

"Sick?" says the older surprised. Youngbae didn't think that the man would look even the least bit concerned. "Did you want to see him?" 

"No..." 

"Well let's get to ready to shower then." says Bae coming over with a wheel chair. Seunghyun puts his arm over Bae's shoulder as he is lifted on to the chair. Each day is getting better but it's still hard to do simple things. 

Bae wheels Seunghyun into the bathroom and pulls the man by the nearest sink. "Okay..will you be fine now?" 

Seunghyun nods. "Ne..." Bae leaves the room leaving the older to do the rest himself. It's difficult doing everything but it's nice doing things for himself. Seunghyun's pants are the snap off kind so it's easy to get in and out of them. For his shirt it is painful but the man manages to take the shirt off. 

Slowly the man uses his one free arm to wheel himself into the shower shall....

//////////////////////8pm//////////////////////

Two hours later and Seunghyun has wheeled himself out of the bathroom. He is use to Jiyong waiting by the door frame but no one is there. No one is there to put lotion on his legs or massage them...he is by himself. 

The room is dark and it's cold due to the heater not clicking on yet. The room is dark but dimly lit so he can see around the room. The man's eyes go towards the back wall when he sees a blue light reflecting on the walls. The older then slowly starts to wheel himself to the light in wonder of what it is. 

The closer he gets the more he can hear the voices from the TV. The man knows this voice...it's his own. Seunghyun then gets to the door frame and sees on the TV himself with lots of people dressed up.

"Yah Hyunnie get off of the camera...." People gather around the camera and yell with smiles on their faces. Most of them are drunk. "Yaaaaaaah Hyung." says Seungri in a tux. "Your wedding was the best...the best..." says the younger with small eyes due to too many drinks. 

Bae comes on the camera next. "Yah. This was by far the most amazing thing that I have ever seen." 

"You darn right it is. I paid good money for this." says Seunghyun suddenly being back in frame. Jiyong comes over to his husband and hugs him tightly with a pout. "Yaaaah we paid for this together." 

"Neee baby we did." The music changes and everyone starts to cheer. The camera man focuses on the couple where Jiyong and Seunghyun dance crazy. They may work for a music company...but sadly the dance moves didn't come with them as they dance together off beat. Seunghyun then leans in and kisses his lover on the lips. "OOOOOOOOOHHHHHH" says the crowd as they kiss again making Jiyong blush. 

"He has been watching your wedding video every night." says a voice making Seunghyun slowly move his head towards the quiet voice. It's Dami again and she has been standing there the whole time watching her brother in law taking in himself at the wedding. 

"So we really are married..." says the older still shocked that he is kissing Jiyong willingly in the video. 

"Yea. In this video you are very married and totally in love with Jiyong." 

The two continue to watch the people dance. Seunghyun hears Jiyong laugh from the sofa at something that happened in the video. "He is really trying you know." says Dami shifting her weight against the wall. 

"I know he is..." sighs the older. 

"If you know then why are you trying to be so resistant...?" 

"I don't know..." That has been the word for the man. He really doesn't know. He doesn't know anything. 

"Just try...maybe you will remember something. Try to be nice...go to therapy...let Jiyong help you. He loves you dearly." 

Seunghyun makes a face. "I just can't deal that he loves me in that way..." 

"Well he does..because you asked him out and you proposed. You two have been together for a long time..." Dami stops herself before she rants to much to the confused man. "I think that your brain has absorbed enough for today." She then goes behind the wheel chair.

"Let's get you to bed." 

****Thanks for reading!! What you think? UPVOTE AND SUB! LOT OF LOVE. LATERS!!