Luhan: Dining Out

Luhan: My Annoying Husband? (Sequel to Luhan: My Annoying Boyfriend)
Please log in to read the full chapter

I could immediately sense the stress and the agony in Chan-Chan’s voice earlier over the phone. And to think that it was only her first day on the job. I didn’t expect Pororo could be that hard to handle. And so despite of Chan-Chan telling me she’ll be late, I immediately went to her office as soon as I finished at mine.

*Deo dang dang hage neon 
Mr. Mr. (nal bwa) 
Mr. Mr. (geurae baro neo neo neo)*

I was waiting for her in our car outside her office, listening to the radio. It was way past dinner, almost eight o’clock. Chan-Chan hasn’t called nor texted yet.

*Nal gaseum ttwige han 
Mr. Mr. (choegoui namja) 
Mr. Mr. (geuge baro neo)*

I started imagining Sungchan dancing to this. It would be totally hilarious and outrageous. I used to call her a wiener when we were kids because she didn’t know how to dance. But ever since, even though she’s not a good dancer, I’ve always thought of Chan-Chan as the best girl in the world. She’s even better than all of the SNSD members combined. Heck, she’s my SNSD.

*Sangcheoro kkaejin yurijogagdo 
byeori doeneun neo Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr.*

“Nareul bitnaejul seontaeg badeun ja!” I started singing along. What else am I supposed to do while I wait? “Geuge baro neo Mr. Mr ‒”

*tonk tonk tonk*

Chan-Chan was already outside the car and tapped on the window.

I turned off the radio. I wound the window down and held up my hands. “Okay, you caught me. I confess. I’m gay.”

She frowned.

I chuckled, went out, and opened her side of the door for her. “Hi, Chan-Chan,” I belatedly greeted and kissed her on her cheek.

“Hmmmmhhhhh…” she groaned and entered inside the car. I went to the driver’s side and drove the car away in a flash. I heard Chan-Chan heave a heavy sigh and leaned her head on the window.

“Soooo…” I quickly started. “Just tell me if you wanna quit that job already. We’ll be fine with just me.”

“Hmm…”

I pursed my lips and stifled a giggle. Chan-Chan’s starting to sound like a controlled zombie. She was supposed to argue with me. “Wow, first day on the job, and they already took your soul?”

She didn’t respond.

“Last time, if I remember correctly, they got your soul on the second week, right?”

And with that, she started giggling.

“Ah. My wife’s still alive,” I said.

“Today ended okay, though,” she started to speak. “It’s just that… the boss was horrible. She made me work on things immediately. And I’m hungry.”

I laughed. “I don’t know what’s being hungry got to do with your boss, but don’t worry, mah lady, we’ll eat out tonight.”

And so we did. I drove us to the nearest restaurant so that I could feed my hungry zombie wife quickly.

“Just order anything,” I told her when we got our table. She told me what she wanted and it was astoundingly very, very… few. I gave the waiter our orders and he went to give it to the chefs.

“You usually order a meal for five when you’re stressed,” I pointed out. “You must be really stretched.”

"I lost my appetite." Sungchan rested her head on the table. “I hate my boss already.”

“Awwwww. Don’t be like that. You know it’ll only get worse if you hate her more.”

She looked up at me, and I finally see the exhaustion on her face. But what's endearing is that she still looks utterly beautiful to me, with her hair all raggedy, falling down her shoulders, and her eyes still sparkle like the stars in the sky.

But she's still exhausted.

She explained to me one by one, every detail of what had happened the moment she went in, from the receptionist to the President, to the workers, and to the work she's been doing.

"...and I am totally 100% pooped." She sighed. "I'm not sure I'm ever gonna survive properly in this company." Then she looked up and stared at me apologetically. "And you even love Pororo very much. I'm sorry, Lulu."

I laughed. "

Please log in to read the full chapter